Manly activities that men do Page 19

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• captain_markyboy 14 Jul 2013 14:40:05 250 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    Almost forgot :

While I was doing all that lot, I also smashed up a few knackered old Ikea garden chairs and made a bonfire of them in my BBQ. Unfortunately the heat and flames were so intense that I've basically melted off the plastic handle of my BBQ and had to move it away from the hedge before that caught light.
    I think we have a winner. Near fatal accidents involving fire. Doesn't get more manly than that. I'm off to set fire to my compost heap on my allotment.
  • wayneh 14 Jul 2013 14:44:39 2,390 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Going to Liverpool museum last weekend just for the Battle Of The Atlantic exhibition and not even bothering with the Titanic exhibition that everyone else was fawning over. I totally ignored it.
    I don't want to see some fine china or a deckchair from some pansie ship that got sunk by a big ice cube.

Im a man.
    I want to see the manly submarine/u-boat stuff and gawp at the torpedos. I want to use that replica u-boat periscope they had set up. Im telling ya, just using that periscope made me feel like a man. I even wrapped my arm around one of the handles like the captain does out of Das Boot. It felt sooo good.

Submarines are very manly.
    ........And gay. Lots of bum sexing with all the seamen. Close proximity, under water for weeks on end.........
    The other side of the Navy is a bit gay ill admit. With all them white pants, white shirt, white shoes and white belt gayness but submariners are a different breed then them tarts.
    Submariners are real men.

And anything that goes on in a submarine, stays on the submarine.
    A bit of bum fun when your 200 meteres deep in the Atlantic ocean doesn't count. Them guys do what they gotta do to keep morale up. That's the sign of a real man.
    I spent 13 years of my life on serving on Submarines and 200 meters is for pussys, you need to join the 1000ft club or GTFO. I'd recommend Dolphin Musuem in Gosport, (ferry from Portsmouth) very very manly display and much better than the Mary Rose exhibition.
    And what's wrong with a bit a man love when you are away from home? It's character building.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Madder-Max 14 Jul 2013 15:38:47 11,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok. I'm running a pub at the moment on the hottest day of the year. I have just lifted, carried and racked 4 casks of real ale and will be serving the real ale to men. Now that's fucking manly

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Kostabi 14 Jul 2013 15:58:28 5,022 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone who brings kegs of real ale to the masses on a day like today is a Man for life.

/salutes
  • Khanivor 14 Jul 2013 16:03:04 41,114 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I sharpened the lawn mower blades and the blades of the pruning shears with an angle grinder. Used vice grips to secure them to the patio table too.

Noticed one of the blades was loose so went to the hardware store to get a variety of things and pocketed the screw I needed to fix it. Then left screw on dresser for last couple of weeks.
  • Madder-Max 14 Jul 2013 16:30:29 11,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Anyone who brings kegs of real ale to the masses on a day like today is a Man for life.

/salutes
    /salute aknowledged in a manly american 'u goddam guy you' kind of way

• wogsy81 14 Jul 2013 16:49:58 755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    Going to Liverpool museum last weekend just for the Battle Of The Atlantic exhibition and not even bothering with the Titanic exhibition that everyone else was fawning over. I totally ignored it.
    I don't want to see some fine china or a deckchair from some pansie ship that got sunk by a big ice cube.

Im a man.
    I want to see the manly submarine/u-boat stuff and gawp at the torpedos. I want to use that replica u-boat periscope they had set up. Im telling ya, just using that periscope made me feel like a man. I even wrapped my arm around one of the handles like the captain does out of Das Boot. It felt sooo good.

Submarines are very manly.
    ........And gay. Lots of bum sexing with all the seamen. Close proximity, under water for weeks on end.........
    The other side of the Navy is a bit gay ill admit. With all them white pants, white shirt, white shoes and white belt gayness but submariners are a different breed then them tarts.
    Submariners are real men.

And anything that goes on in a submarine, stays on the submarine.
    A bit of bum fun when your 200 meteres deep in the Atlantic ocean doesn't count. Them guys do what they gotta do to keep morale up. That's the sign of a real man.
    I spent 13 years of my life on serving on Submarines and 200 meters is for pussys, you need to join the 1000ft club or GTFO. I'd recommend Dolphin Musuem in Gosport, (ferry from Portsmouth) very very manly display and much better than the Mary Rose exhibition.
    And what's wrong with a bit a man love when you are away from home? It's character building.
    Holy moly.
    That looks bloody fantastic. http://www.portsmouth-guide.co.uk/local/sub-musm.htm
    I fucking love submarines and am totally fascinated by them (with the WWII subs being my favourite). And i only said 200 meteres because thats what i know the type-7 u-boats went to. Maybe 250 at a push.

But anyways, thanks very much for the tip. I think ill pop down there next weekend on the 27th/28th. And look, they even let you go on a submarine too. Hell yeah im there. It looks bloody brilliant.

And respect to you mate for serving on the subs. You submariners are like supermen in my eyes.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2013 17:29:09
    /manly salutes to you all

/you GUYS !
  • skuzzbag 14 Jul 2013 17:34:15 5,676 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • NimbleMinx 14 Jul 2013 23:26:43 85 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The boyfriend recently took up paintballing. I think it's a manly past time, anyone who willingly takes a speeding paint pellet must be manly right? Or a little bit of a pain junkie ... They leave wicked bruises!

He also let me fire his gun, I was supposed to have a girlie go on it and shoot just one pellet into the ground to see what it felt like to fire. After shooting the first shot into the ground I was unimpressed, it was unsatisfying so I emptied the entire pod across the back fence panels instead. From the second the first pellet exploded with a loud bang I could see what the draw was to shooting each other with one, it was brilliant, such an addictive hobby! He had to wait until I'd run out of pellets to get his gun back as I wouldn't share!

So if you haven't given it a go yet I'd recommend paintballing = manly!
  • Madder-Max 15 Jul 2013 12:53:30 11,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its only just manly if u use frozen paintballs and just a pair of goggles for head gear........but it only just knocks on the door of being manly even then

• Alastair 15 Jul 2013 13:10:53 16,277 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:

/salutes
    Casks, not kegs. Real men know the difference. ;)
  • sport 15 Jul 2013 13:20:07 12,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone who drinks "warm" Ale on days like these needs their Northern head examined.
  • JuanKerr 15 Jul 2013 13:32:37 36,422 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A decent pub will serve ale at a 'cool' temperature. This 'warm' bollocks is just bollocks.
  • Alastair 15 Jul 2013 13:37:49 16,277 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Warm bollocks can certainly be a problem on a day like today.
  • Alastair 15 Jul 2013 13:39:45 16,277 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And sport has revealed himself as someone with limited knowledge of proper ale appreciation. As Juan says it's not warm, it's just not ice-cold like lager. When it's served too cold the flavour is impaired.
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 13:41:17
    Real men drink girl's drinks.
  • Alastair 15 Jul 2013 13:47:53 16,277 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    White wine spritzer for Dave!
  • sport 15 Jul 2013 13:48:16 12,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I still think it tastes like piss.

/sips Breezer with straw
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 13:54:37
    Alastair wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    White wine spritzer for Dave!
    Gladly.
  • ronuds 16 Jul 2013 15:29:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NimbleMinx wrote:
    So if you haven't given it a go yet I'd recommend paintballing = manly!
    Paintballing is a bunch of fun, but it doesn't really hurt unless you're shot at close range. A lot of the time you won't even know you were shot.

Manliness is still out on that one.
  • warlockuk 16 Jul 2013 15:32:50 19,213 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's girl-approved. So that's -20 manly points right there.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• ronuds 16 Jul 2013 15:43:59 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd compare it to playing football with a nerf ball.

A good effort, but not the real deal.
  • Dolly 20 Jul 2013 12:17:13 3,255 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a lettings agent and my company are paying for me to go on a one week handyman course on Monday, learning plumbing and stuff. Today I'm just a boy, but on friday afternoon I'll leave as a MAN.

Really looking forward to learning how to do basic stuff like this, as a way of saving dealing with contractors at work and potentially knowing when we're being 'taken for a ride' by them, for bigger jobs that they'll still have to be instructed on. Should also save some pennies on my own home DIY.
  • elstoof 20 Jul 2013 12:21:15 8,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That'll be a week of learning how to bash things with a hammer in varying levels of intensity and generally doing a fudged job of things if its the same sort of course that every handyman I've ever dealt with has been on.
  • EMarkM 20 Jul 2013 13:35:36 3,318 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today I'm going to CLEAN MY CARAVAN.

YES. IN THIS HEAT.
  • Ashleyfiddes 20 Jul 2013 14:41:13 980 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @elstoof isn't bashing things with a hammer til they work rule twenty two in the man book of DIY directly before pretend you know what your doing when you get someone in to fix what had been a simple issue but now was a massive hammer shaped hole????
  • pigsy2400 20 Jul 2013 14:51:53 153 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dangerwank
  • Madder-Max 20 Jul 2013 15:01:24 11,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Anyone who drinks "warm" Ale on days like these needs their Northern head examined.
    Anyone who does not realise:

A- cask ales are kept in temperature controlled cellars so it pours refreshigly cold and

B- the existence of summer ales such as sunbeam

Needs to be locked up as a danger to society

• NimbleMinx 28 Jul 2013 22:50:09 85 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @warlockuk Girl... chuckles maybe 20 years ago dude.
  • Page

of 24 First / Last