The all-new Premier League thread Page 3334

• Page

of 4888 First / Last

• THFourteen 13 Mar 2013 14:46:35 31,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    or he would have to be really good at commentating.
  • kentmonkey 13 Mar 2013 14:47:06 20,078 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was, possibly, the worst troll ever nick.
  • kalel 13 Mar 2013 14:47:13 83,875 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Poor ole Liverpool and their net spend which is only less than Chelsea and City over the last 10 years..
    The last ten years is irrelevant. Rodgers has done pretty well on a reasonable budget this year, especially considering the shit Kenny left him with.
  • nickthegun 13 Mar 2013 14:48:51 55,861 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    And the character of the squad to win so many games from behind sure as hell can't have anything to do with the manager.
    Anyone who is worth being called MOTY wouldnt have to win so many games from behind (with goals from a massively expensive tap in signing)
    Oh come on, you're a better troll than this..
    Youre happy with the amount of times you have had to come from behind this season? Is it tactical genius to lull them into a false sense of security?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 14:49:33 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In other news, Joe Hart has officially had a crap season and De Gea is better than we think he is!

:eek:

Keeper of the year is between Mignolet, Guzan, Cesar and Lloris for me.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• ElNino9 13 Mar 2013 14:51:35 13,141 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dear Christ, the trolling has taken a nose dive in here.

Bring back Furbs.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• nickthegun 13 Mar 2013 14:52:48 55,861 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Youre trolling' also known as 'The nintendo maneuver'

He totally called it

• reddevil93 13 Mar 2013 14:54:56 11,248 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    And the character of the squad to win so many games from behind sure as hell can't have anything to do with the manager.
    Anyone who is worth being called MOTY wouldnt have to win so many games from behind (with goals from a massively expensive tap in signing)
    Oh come on, you're a better troll than this..
    Youre happy with the amount of times you have had to come from behind this season? Is it tactical genius to lull them into a false sense of security?
    Not having anything like a settled backline along with having younger players is always going to lead to goals being conceded, the mentality that SAF has instilled in the squad is pretty remarkable, but sure you know this anyway and just want me to get angry explaining it.

• Trane 13 Mar 2013 14:55:33 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    In other news, Joe Hart has officially had a crap season and De Gea is better than we think he is!

Cesar?? WTF. He's only played a handful of games and has been good in about half of them.

Begovic or Jussi for me.
  • kalel 13 Mar 2013 14:56:24 83,875 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm just not sure why every single discussion on here always has to end up being about United?
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 14:56:41 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Poor ole Liverpool and their net spend which is only less than Chelsea and City over the last 10 years..
    The last ten years is irrelevant. Rodgers has done pretty well on a reasonable budget this year, especially considering the shit Kenny left him with.
    A reasonable budget?

He spent 24 million on Joe Allen and Borini, then another 24 million on Sturridge and Coutinho, which is more than reasonable.

Considering Swansea got Michu, Ki, Hernandez, De Guzman and Chico for 15 million and Newcastle got Sissoko, Debuchy, Gouffran and Yanga-Mbiwa for 14 million, i'd say he hasnt done that well with his money to be honest.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 15:01:12 13-03-2013

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 15:01:56 13-03-2013

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 14:58:04 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Cesar?? WTF. He's only played a handful of games and has been good in about half of them.

Begovic or Jussi for me.
    He took a little while to adjust, but pretty much as soon as Harry came in his form sky-rocketed. He's easily got QPR at least 9 points on his own this season.....

• reddevil93 13 Mar 2013 14:59:39 11,248 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I'm just not sure why every single discussion on here always has to end up being about United?
    I just drift in once in a while and don't really talk about anything else.

So yeah, who does everyone think will go down? Hopefully either Stoke or Sunderland get dragged into it. Hope Villa stay up just cause my housemate is a fan and Lambert seems a decent bloke.

• nickthegun 13 Mar 2013 15:00:45 55,861 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Not having anything like a settled backline along with having younger players is always going to lead to goals being conceded, the mentality that SAF has instilled in the squad is pretty remarkable, but sure you know this anyway and just want me to get angry explaining it.
    I think, and this isnt a troll, having more money and better facilities means that the squad is generally fitter than the opposition which is why they are able to come back from losing position as they have more in the tank.

Add a world class striker to the mix and its that rather than a 'spirit' fergie has instilled in anyone.

He totally called it

• graysonavich 13 Mar 2013 15:04:09 6,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Having a 3 time most expensive defender in the world does help, even if he is getting on a bit.
  • spindle9988 13 Mar 2013 15:06:41 3,368 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aprt from Borini I think Rodgers signings have been quite good. Couthino (I think thats how its spelt) looks a steal
  • nickthegun 13 Mar 2013 15:08:14 55,861 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think ultrasoundwave got the 100kth post in the thread.

/round of applause and streamers

He totally called it

• SuperCoolEskimo 13 Mar 2013 15:10:45 9,529 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Lol at Ferguson having 'an ordinary squad'.
    Yeah, I don't buy this either. It's not a squad that should be blowing away teams and 12 points clear but it sure as hell isn't significantly weaker than City or Chelsea. It's the character shown by the squad which has impressed me (and is all down to SAF).
    In terms of balance/depth/experience/quality I'd say it's the best squad in the league.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 15:11:41 13-03-2013
  • THFourteen 13 Mar 2013 15:11:24 31,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In terms of points its also the best squad in the league :-)
  • Blotto 13 Mar 2013 15:11:45 2,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Annoyingly, as crap as Borini is, Sturridge and Coutinho have been pretty good. Give Rodgers another couple of years and, if Suarez stays, I'm betting that they'll be right in the mix for the top 4.
  • nickthegun 13 Mar 2013 15:11:49 55,861 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Which is why we have done so abysmally in europe.

He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 15:14:01 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I think ultrasoundwave got the 100kth post in the thread.

/round of applause and streamers

• reddevil93 13 Mar 2013 15:14:39 11,248 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Aprt from Borini I think Rodgers signings have been quite good. Couthino (I think thats how its spelt) looks a steal
    Coutinho was excellent last season on loan in Spain (Espanyol I think) so I don't know why he wasn't given more of a chance at Inter, though he did suffer a few injuries. Sturridge is doing quite well so far though he has gone on a few runs before in his career without being consistent over a long period.

Pity Sahin didn't get much of a go, seems to have really regressed since first going to Madrid.

• reddevil93 13 Mar 2013 15:14:57 11,248 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

• Syrette 13 Mar 2013 15:19:58 41,846 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Keeper of the year is between Mignolet... for me.
    Reeeeeeeeeeeally?

• Shikasama 13 Mar 2013 15:21:59 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    I wonder if clubs of a certain size feel a pressure to sign players of a certain valuation.

For a second just imagine the furor if last summer Utd announced the signing of an attacking midfielder for 2 million and said that he wa going to score them 20 goals this season.

This thread would have gone into meltdown
    Imagine they had announced they were about to sign a player from the ivory coast for 12m and he had a FUCKING MASSIVE FOREHEAD.
    That was hilarious
  • Shikasama 13 Mar 2013 15:23:33 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Arsenal, United and Spurs take up like 75% of the content of this thread.

It's scared everyone else off! We could do with some new blood
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2013 15:27:39 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Keeper of the year is between Mignolet... for me.
    Reeeeeeeeeeeally?
    I really do hate the idea of giving him or his club any credit, but he has been one of the most consistent keepers this year.

He's in the mix, but personally i think i'd go for Guzan. Villa would be in a hell of a lot more trouble than they already are without him.....

• kentmonkey 13 Mar 2013 15:38:03 20,078 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mignolet for me too, although I base that on about six-seven performances I've seen.

If it's Begovic I think that's down to a few hollywood games (he's a great keeper, but he's been a little more inconsistent this year compared to last). Although anyone out of Begovic, Guzan, Mignolet and Jaskerkerkerkerlinen would be fair.

I think Lloris has had a solid first season, but it took a while (rightfully) for him to over-throw Friedel (who I still think is one of the best all-round keepers in the league, even at his age), and he's been "steady" more than 'fucking hell what a brilliant performance' in most games. Potentially because he hasn't had the Sunderland or Villa defence in front of him meaning he hasn't had to be anything more.
  • Shikasama 13 Mar 2013 15:40:31 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah but Lloris is an important PART of the Spurs defense, as opposed to some other keepers. He isn't a stand on the line shot blocker
  • Page

of 4888 First / Last