The all-new Premier League thread Page 3158

• Page

of 5335 First / Last

• THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 15:11:24 33,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    The thing you're talking about happening could happen if we beat you to 4th but you win the CL.
    So, it can't then.

:o)
    ^^
  • Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 15:11:36 6,710 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Van Persie is delighted with how things have turned out, with the 29-year-old admitting that he needed to make a fresh start and take on a new challenge.

"Arsenal are a great club and I always had a good feeling but after eight years, sometimes you feel that you need a new challenge," Van Persie told Sky Sports in an exclusive interview.

"I found that challenge at Manchester United. I do feel that I am surrounded by champions.

"I do feel that this is exactly the right time to be here. I don't think it would have been better to come here earlier. Everything has gone this way for a reason.

"When I extended my deal a couple of years ago at Arsenal, I felt that was the right move for me - to stay and play because I wasn't finished there. Now, since last summer, I wanted to go for a big challenge, and this was the biggest challenge for me.

"I think every day tells me that I made the right move. It's nothing bad about Arsenal. No player is bigger than the club, Arsenal will always challenge for trophies and be up there. It was just that after eight years I was ready to move on and try something else."
    WOT A KUNT
  • spindle9988 21 Jan 2013 15:13:45 3,520 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought that was a good statement to be honest. He hasnt slagged off his former club one bit. I detest man u but RVP is pure class
  • THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 15:19:49 33,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah i cant argue with him really.

He'll get a PL medal minumum this year, as opposed to another year of fuck all, surronded by lame fuckers like Gervinho.

I bet it isn't even much of a laugh in the arsenal dressing room, now that Eboue is gone.
  • kalel 21 Jan 2013 15:23:28 86,798 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    The thing you're talking about happening could happen if we beat you to 4th but you win the CL.
    So, it can't then.

^^
    I like this scenario.

We get 4th and you don't, and miss out the CL. Then next season you come back and finish 4th and we come 5th, but we win the CL, so you miss out again.

Then you lose all your new good players because you didn't make the CL and because of stupid contracts you get no fees, and they all come to us, and your fans all leave, and you get relegated and we win the league etc etc. It's all mapped out.
  • roz123 21 Jan 2013 15:32:00 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wesley Sneijder gets welcomed to Istanbul
  • Kay 21 Jan 2013 15:43:59 17,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    So, it can't then.

^^
    Hey, we said the same about Chelsea last season!
  • THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 15:52:56 33,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    True. They had Didier Drogba tho.

We dont even have Pidier Pogba.
  • Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 15:54:56 6,710 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remember when Vassell moved to some Turkish side and they celebrated like Jesus himself was coming to play for them?
  • askew 21 Jan 2013 16:43:27 12,149 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TRANSFER LATEST
    Manchester United up their offer for Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha to 17m as they aim to outbid Arsenal, reports Goal.com.
    Hmm.
  • thedaveeyres 21 Jan 2013 16:46:08 10,809 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holloway will going into meltdown if Zaha gets sold after he was promised him till the end of the season... I may/may not find this amusing*.

*depending on how much schadenfreunde comes my way between now and when he's sold.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• oceanmotion 21 Jan 2013 16:50:02 15,770 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How good is Zaha, how does he play ?
  • thedaveeyres 21 Jan 2013 16:54:50 10,809 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's a good Championship player...I don't think anyone knows much more than that really. The next great white hope of english football as per usual: he could be the next Downing, could be the next Walcott, could be the next Jeffers.

D****** ******r

• kentmonkey 21 Jan 2013 16:56:18 20,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Racist.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 21 Jan 2013 17:04:46 9,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I thought that was a good statement to be honest. He hasnt slagged off his former club one bit. I detest man u but RVP is pure class
    Not saying all that to the club in private and requesting a transfer, and releasing a public statement shitting on the club and manager that made him was really classy indeed.
  • thedaveeyres 21 Jan 2013 17:30:11 10,809 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RvP is a piece of shit. Not that that marks him out as particularly special amongst his fellow pros.

D****** ******r

• SuperCoolEskimo 21 Jan 2013 17:49:04 9,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Montpellier president has confirmed Mbiwa is very close to joining Newcastle.
  • oceanmotion 21 Jan 2013 17:52:03 15,770 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    He's a good Championship player...I don't think anyone knows much more than that really. The next great white hope of english football as per usual: he could be the next Downing, could be the next Walcott, could be the next Jeffers.
    English mark up then.

I would like to see another stand out amazing player like Messi, Ronaldo. Must be due one again.
  • Kay 21 Jan 2013 17:54:06 17,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Not saying all that to the club in private and requesting a transfer, and releasing a public statement shitting on the club and manager that made him was really classy indeed.
    Still reckon a lot of that was down to his agent.

Or maybe it's just because, try as I might, I just can't bring myself to hate him. I even didn't mind the SS interview yesterday.
  • thedaveeyres 21 Jan 2013 17:54:26 10,809 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Comparing his stats this year and last with Thomas Ince, Ince is a much better prospect.

D****** ******r

• teamHAM 21 Jan 2013 18:17:04 2,860 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lots of noise now that Arsenal are considering hijacking Yanga-M'Biwa's proposed move to Newcastle.

Well, if we don't get this lad now, then we only have ourselves to blame. Why the fuck all our potential signings have to be paraded in the media before we can be arsed to do anything I will never know. I swear other clubs don't carry on like this when they see a player they want.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dougs 21 Jan 2013 18:20:45 67,025 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven't heard anything new on that since yesterday so sure you're home and hosed.
  • teamHAM 21 Jan 2013 19:09:50 2,860 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, not a single word about Adkins in the Matchday Programme for the Southampton v Everton game.

Shockingly disrespectful to be honest. Such a shame that all his effort got him nothing and nowhere in the end. To take Southampton up 51 places in the Football League then to be discarded just like that is unfortunately the nature of football these days.

Edited by teamHAM at 19:10:10 21-01-2013

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• TheSaint 21 Jan 2013 19:10:43 14,265 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This interview is rather painful.
  • Feanor 21 Jan 2013 19:31:20 14,125 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    RvP is a piece of shit. Not that that marks him out as particularly special amongst his fellow pros.
    Yeah, how dare he move to a club that could actually win something before the prime of his career was over.
  • Trowel 21 Jan 2013 19:34:24 17,531 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GNev's analysis of Vidic glaring at De Gea:

"He stares at him. For about 3, 4 - 5 seconds.

It's not because he fancies him...

...Believe me."
  • reddevil93 21 Jan 2013 19:39:37 11,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No huge surprise De Gea's 2 errors this season have been involving Vidic. They've played very little together. I'm sure the more they play the better the defence as a whole will perform.

• SuperCoolEskimo 21 Jan 2013 19:43:31 9,756 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Yeah, how dare he move to a club that could actually win something before the prime of his career was over.
    Got no problem with him wanting out, but the way he went about it was completely classless. Tell the club in private we can't meet your ambition and that you want to leave, simple. That statement was totally needless. World class footballer but also a world class cunt.
  • thedaveeyres 21 Jan 2013 19:44:25 10,809 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    If City had a half-decent manager, he'd have as much chance of winning something as he did at Arsenal.

i.e. none

Edited by thedaveeyres at 19:45:49 21-01-2013

D****** ******r

• THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 19:49:25 33,099 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    So, not a single word about Adkins in the Matchday Programme for the Southampton v Everton game.

Who?
  • Page

of 5335 First / Last