Hopefully the next 170 days go quickly :lol:
  • Zizoo 10 Jan 2013 13:44:42 8,240 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So extreme.
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 13:45:08 33,089 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm any highlight reel that has to have penalties in it doesnt bode well.

Got a touch of the chamakhs about it.
  • ElNino9 10 Jan 2013 13:45:45 13,313 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not being funny, but Rafa didn't make those horrendous back passes last night, he's didn't make Torres shite, he didn't see the spine of your success get old or leave.

You're just not as good as you once were.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Dougs 10 Jan 2013 13:46:08 67,015 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And AVB saying Spurs should sign Leandro
  • kentmonkey 10 Jan 2013 13:46:32 20,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've actually heard, and seen, quite a bit about Negredo.

Can't really add much that Kalel hasn't already though.

If £10m or under I think likely to be an alright deal. Wouldn't pay much more though. May stretch to £12m if Gervinho goes the other way.
  • roz123 10 Jan 2013 13:49:38 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Not being funny, but Rafa didn't make those horrendous back passes last night, he's didn't make Torres shite, he didn't see the spine of your success get old or leave.

You're just not as good as you once were.
    I haven't been blaming him for our poor performances despite our abysmal home record since he joined, I just don't like him.
  • captbirdseye 10 Jan 2013 13:50:40 4,833 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @roz123

Can't wait for the flag waving celebration :p.
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 13:51:22 33,089 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I've actually heard, and seen, quite a bit about Negredo.

Can't really add much that Kalel hasn't already though.

If £10m or under I think likely to be an alright deal. Wouldn't pay much more though. May stretch to £12m if Gervinho goes the other way.
    great. sounds like super super quality.
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2013 13:52:30 67,015 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @WhoScored: Įlvaro Negredo: Only Cristiano Ronaldo (16) has missed more clear cut chances in Europe's top 5 leagues this season than Negredo (15)
  • kentmonkey 10 Jan 2013 13:53:02 20,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On a par with Eduardo in terms of quality (not style). He'll do a job, but no, not going to solve all our problems.
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 13:53:42 33,089 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    @WhoScored: Įlvaro Negredo: Only Cristiano Ronaldo (16) has missed more clear cut chances in Europe's top 5 leagues this season than Negredo (15)
    O_o

we dont even create many chances. thats all we need.

tbh if you cant get 30 goals a season in spain you aren't very good

Edited by THFourteen at 13:54:09 10-01-2013
  • kalel 10 Jan 2013 13:55:54 86,743 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He was the guy who Del Bosque was playing instead of Torres in the Euros.

I think there's a decent chance the team is QPR tbh.
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2013 13:57:45 67,015 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could be a good shout.
  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 14:00:10 59,312 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    He did "choose" to play a desperately out of form striker over a brand new, in form one and then compound the misery by leaving him on for so long when the substitution came, it was too late to do anything.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 10 Jan 2013 14:04:50 3,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    He did "choose" to play a desperately out of form striker over a brand new, in form one and then compound the misery by leaving him on for so long when the substitution came, it was too late to do anything.
    Exactly.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he starts Torres again on the weekend too.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• liamthemaster 10 Jan 2013 14:11:11 1,586 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Wasn't one of the main reasons he was hired to bring torres back to form and to change the team to get the most out of him though ? I honestly wonder how much control he has over the team.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 14:12:14 43,631 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How long does Torres have to be 'out of form' before his time at Liverpool is reassessed as a one-off purple patch?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 10 Jan 2013 14:14:36 86,743 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There'll never be doubt that at one point he was fucking awesome. It wasn't a fluke (And besides, he was banging them at Athletico before Liverpool).

He's never really come back from that injury. It took away his pace, and with that went his confidence.
  • Shikasama 10 Jan 2013 14:16:23 6,700 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Criticizing a Chelsea manager for starting Torres seems to display a lack of awareness about how the team is actually selected.
  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 14:16:44 43,631 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take away the top flight expectation and put him in a flowing team and it might.

Give him Arsenal :)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 14:19:48 59,312 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Despite everything that points to the contrary, I still find it hard to believe that even a multibillionare oligarch would, effectively, sabotage his own team, trying to prove everyone wrong and that torres is really awesome.

Its just absolute insanity.

He totally called it

• King_Edward 10 Jan 2013 14:20:36 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    There'll never be doubt that at one point he was fucking awesome. It wasn't a fluke (And besides, he was banging them at Athletico before Liverpool).
    Is that true? I seem to remember him having a decent, but outrageous goal scoring record at Athletico.

No disputing his first season at Liverpool though.
  • THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 14:22:35 33,089 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Despite everything that points to the contrary, I still find it hard to believe that even a multibillionare oligarch would, effectively, sabotage his own team, trying to prove everyone wrong and that torres is really awesome.

Its just absolute insanity.
    nah its like when i spent £440 on a galaxy note, and i made a point of telling everyone how amazing it was and pretending it was amazing every day

before eventually coming to the realization it was a piece of crap and selling it.

he just hasn't come to that realization yet.
  • kalel 10 Jan 2013 14:22:43 86,743 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Torres still does enough to just about suggest he might still have it. And I think that's why all these managers as well as Roman stick with him.

He's a real tease.

I bet they could still get £20m for him despite him being shitter than Darren Bent these days.
  • kentmonkey 10 Jan 2013 14:25:01 20,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @King_Edward

214 appearances for AM and 82 goals. That's more than one goal every 2.5 games. Very decent.
  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 14:25:44 59,312 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are certainly worse players that managers think they can get a song out of and, maybe, if he dropped down into the chasing pack the pressure would be off. Every now and then you do get a flash and it seems pretty evident that its mostly in his head, so you never know.

Still, he does seem quite determined to make a mockery of 'form is temporary, class is permanent'.

He totally called it

• morriss 10 Jan 2013 14:46:52 70,913 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Wasn't one of the main reasons he was hired to bring torres back to form and to change the team to get the most out of him though ? I honestly wonder how much control he has over the team.
    Ba will start PL games. His remit is CL.
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Jan 2013 15:39:52 16,920 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Torres still does enough to just about suggest he might still have it. And I think that's why all these managers as well as Roman stick with him.

He's a real tease.
    See the first goal against Villa. Bullet header from practically outside the box, it was a stunning goal and I'm not sure many other strikers in the prem could have done that.

You are a factory of sadness.

• LeD 10 Jan 2013 15:56:07 6,217 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    kalel wrote:

He's a real tease.
    See the first goal against Villa. Bullet header from practically outside the box, it was a stunning goal and I'm not sure many other strikers in the prem could have done that.
  • Page

of 5326 First / Last