The all-new Premier League thread Page 3089

• Page

of 5424 First / Last

• The-Bodybuilder 8 Jan 2013 19:59:16 14,154 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He could just wait till and summer to go to another top 4 club, like spurs. Everton could then use the money to buy a world class striker from a mid-table club, like Suarez off Liverpool.
  • Trowel 8 Jan 2013 20:05:19 17,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Everton could then use the money to buy a world class striker from a mid-table club, like Suarez off Liverpool.
    Or $missingcontent$ off Arsenal.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 20:06:50 9,791 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Everton could then use the money to buy a world class striker from a mid-table club, like Suarez off Liverpool.
    Or Gervinho off Arsenal.
  • Trowel 8 Jan 2013 20:10:39 17,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I couldn't think of a world class striker at Arsenal either.
  • Trowel 8 Jan 2013 20:11:02 17,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roberto Mancini holds talks with Luka Modric in Manchester bar
  • FWB 8 Jan 2013 20:15:24 44,349 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know it is in jest, but there is nothing that would make me want Suarez to play for us. Even if it guaranteed us the PL and CL double.
  • oceanmotion 8 Jan 2013 20:18:21 15,846 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    glol.

@trowel

Edited by oceanmotion at 20:19:01 08-01-2013
  • roz123 8 Jan 2013 23:42:35 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stoke players fantasy football league
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/revealed-stokes-private-fantasy-premier-league/

and who voted for who to win the Ballon d'Or
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/documents-see-all-the-votes-for-the-ballon-dor-world-player-of-the-year-award/
  • Syrette 8 Jan 2013 23:47:01 43,359 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pennant's changed his from 'loves pussy united' to 'Been a pleasure fc'.

• Dougs 9 Jan 2013 08:00:35 67,290 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fellaini to Chelsea according to L'equipe
  • THFourteen 9 Jan 2013 08:12:58 33,264 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    I couldn't think of a world class striker at Arsenal either.
    Joel Campbell
  • THFourteen 9 Jan 2013 08:41:46 33,264 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having watched Lopez play for Atletico Madrid on a number of occasions, I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Spain international could be the spark Arsenal need as they battle to stay in the top four this season. The 24-year-old forward has scored just two goals in 16 appearances this campaign and has notched only 25 strikes and ten assists in 172 La Liga matches. Considering Adrian is also often deployed on the left - a position for which Arsene Wenger signed Lukas Podolski in the summer - it would be a waste of the Gunners' savings to spend on the Atletico man in January.
  • Shikasama 9 Jan 2013 09:03:00 6,761 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So apparently City want Cavani and Napoli want Balotelli.
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Jan 2013 09:11:12 14,154 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I know it is in jest, but there is nothing that would make me want Suarez to play for us. Even if it guaranteed us the PL and CL double.
    What if you had to choose between him and Gervinho?
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 09:12:11 3,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Heres a question for the Chelsea fans - your team have a double gameweek on the fantasy football this week, so im loading up on your players.

Ivanovic and Mata are already in, but i want to pick a striker too. Will Rafa do the sensible thing and pick the form striker (Ba) or will he pick the Spanish turd Mr Torres??

Cheers.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• The-Bodybuilder 9 Jan 2013 09:13:58 14,154 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @THFourteen I've said I would be suitably underwhelmed by a Lopez signing, especially compared to Hotlby.

Lopez is IMO far mroe likely to turn to a Gervinho/Chamakh (career of inconsistency before a purple-patch) than the next Villa.

The whole "next villa" type-casting really pisses me off.
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Jan 2013 09:15:36 14,154 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Stoke players fantasy football league
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/revealed-stokes-private-fantasy-premier-league/
    International FC - Asmir Begovic
    Woah there Begovic, don't hold back on the creativity you've got going there.
  • roz123 9 Jan 2013 09:34:51 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Heres a question for the Chelsea fans - your team have a double gameweek on the fantasy football this week, so im loading up on your players.

Ivanovic and Mata are already in, but i want to pick a striker too. Will Rafa do the sensible thing and pick the form striker (Ba) or will he pick the Spanish turd Mr Torres??

Cheers.
    Rafa has only been at the club a short time so its hard to guess what he is thinking and Torres seems to have Abramovichs ear so I am interested to see how this will all pan out. Ba is cup tied tonight so if Rafa chooses to simply rotate them he would start against Stoke (hard team to score against) and then Torres will start against Southampton (could score a couple, could be shit and taken off after 60mins). I am keeping Ba in my team, I think there has never been a better time to be a striker at Chelsea with all the creativity in midfield and if he keeps getting in the right positions like he did at the weekend he will get plenty of goals.

Tempted to bring Joe Cole in, hes quite a cheap price.

Edited by roz123 at 09:35:33 09-01-2013
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 09:35:23 67,290 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This whole City returning tickets thing can only be good and hopefully will kick off a wider debate about ticket pricing. At the moment, it's being painted as just Arsenal, but City themselves charged us 56, Reading and QPR over 50 and Chelsea 59 (I think).
  • THFourteen 9 Jan 2013 09:41:19 33,264 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    City away fans were terrible the last few times i remember them at the emirates anyway. I doubt many of them actually came from manchester and they made US look noisy.
  • kalel 9 Jan 2013 09:42:01 87,162 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The whole thing needs a huge rethink. First of all they need to rethink this whole "not televising 3:00 Saturday games" thing. It's such a load of bollocks. Then they need to rethink all-seater stadiums which is also a load of bollocks.

The really stupid thing is readressing both of these things would equal more money for everyone involved, making it even more astonishing they don't happen.
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 09:43:25 3,282 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Cheers.
    Rafa has only been at the club a short time so its hard to guess what he is thinking and Torres seems to have Abramovichs ear so I am interested to see how this will all pan out. Ba is cup tied tonight so if Rafa chooses to simply rotate them he would start against Stoke (hard team to score against) and then Torres will start against Southampton (could score a couple, could be shit and taken off after 60mins). I am keeping Ba in my team, I think there has never been a better time to be a striker at Chelsea with all the creativity in midfield and if he keeps getting in the right positions like he did at the weekend he will get plenty of goals.

Tempted to bring Joe Cole in, hes quite a cheap price.
    Yeah i've gone with Ba myself - Im expecting Torres to start tonight and Ba to start on the weekend (hopefully!).

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 09:55:37 59,534 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ticket prices are appalling. If you think you are paying a lot in the premiership, try going down a division. The price we pay to watch some proper shite is just appalling.

All the ex-premiership teams come down and dont take their ticket prices with them, so the leagues are littered with teams that havent adjusted for the fact that they are playing the likes of bristol and not chelsea.

In fact (soapbox) I recently filled in a lengthy questionnaire about the cost of attending football matches, canvassing a number of opinions on why you thought football was expensive and the things you they could do to help you get back through the gates (im a lapsed season ticket holder).

The idea they seemed most keen to push were kind of 'demi-season tickets' where you committed to attend a certain number of games (six seemed the most likely amount) and each game was discounted.

But it would have to be severely discounted for it to be anything like worth the money they are asking. If you think financial doping is bad to keep up with city, try the incentive of getting into the premier league.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 9 Jan 2013 10:00:31 87,162 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As per my point above, I'd have less problem with the ticket prices if every game was televised. Then at least going to games would be for the elite, Sky or whatever for the moderately wealthy, and then pubs for everyone else. That way at least everyone has some way of seeing the football.

Just baffles me that most people simply can't watch the majority of their team's games. That's nuts.
  • captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 10:05:57 4,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ticket prices are appalling. If you think you are paying a lot in the premiership, try going down a division. The price we pay to watch some proper shite is just appalling.

All the ex-premiership teams come down and dont take their ticket prices with them, so the leagues are littered with teams that havent adjusted for the fact that they are playing the likes of bristol and not chelsea.

In fact (soapbox) I recently filled in a lengthy questionnaire about the cost of attending football matches, canvassing a number of opinions on why you thought football was expensive and the things you they could do to help you get back through the gates (im a lapsed season ticket holder).

The idea they seemed most keen to push were kind of 'demi-season tickets' where you committed to attend a certain number of games (six seemed the most likely amount) and each game was discounted.

But it would have to be severely discounted for it to be anything like worth the money they are asking. If you think financial doping is bad to keep up with city, try the incentive of getting into the premier league.
    That's a bit harsh. The Championship is pretty decent league and prices are more competitive than the Premier League and probably about right for what people should pay for a football.

I pay 270 a season for my ticket and that price is frozen for 5 years and if you want to purchase a single ticket then you pay 25 a game which are pretty decent prices for a decent league.

We've also setup deals where you can buy half season tickets, offers with other teams where away fans from both clubs pay 10 and offer reduced rates for families etc.

However, some clubs do charge a bit over the top such as Leeds who are charging away fans 40-45 a ticket which is just daylight robbery.
  • TheSaint 9 Jan 2013 10:14:24 14,315 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The advantage of The Championship is that most games are competitive so the tickets seemed a bit more reasonable. I have no interest in paying 50 to watch us get spanked by Chelsea.
  • THFourteen 9 Jan 2013 10:15:35 33,264 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    50? cheap at half the price! try 123.
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 10:16:47 59,534 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The stupid thing is that you can actually watch most games online.

But its a double edged sword. They want the grounds to appear full for the tvs. I remember around a third of the ground being kids when they were forced to do kids for a quid on the day when we played west brom on telly a few years ago.

• nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 10:17:45 59,534 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    The advantage of The Championship is that most games are competitive so the tickets seemed a bit more reasonable. I have no interest in paying 50 to watch us get spanked by Chelsea.
    The disadvantage of the championship is that the majority of the league are shit and provide poor entertainment for a 40 quid ticket.

• Page

of 5424 First / Last