The all-new Premier League thread Page 3075

• Page

of 5249 First / Last

• Blakester 3 Jan 2013 14:31:30 3,572 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Some managers like the challenge of signing a crazy player. Although I wouldnt put him in the same class but Bowyer still managed to be signed with all his contraversy. If Arry was still at spurs I bet he would of taken him
    Big Sam or Warnock would take him in a heartbeat.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• roz123 3 Jan 2013 14:33:44 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    How do you figure Kompany? I actually like the guy but he hasn't been anywhere near his best this year.
    Man City have conceeded the least amount of goals so far in the prem and he is their best defender.
    Joint same amount as Chelsea, no defence has been particularly good this year, Stoke have probably been best despite conceding 1 more than City/Chelsea. Nastastic and Zabeletta have both been better than him too anytime I've watched them.
    imo Stoke are great at defending as a team rather then Huth or Shawcross being the best individual defenders. I nearly put Zabaletta in my team.
  • kalel 3 Jan 2013 14:35:46 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went for Evra over Rafael probably just based on Evra looking good on MotD and scoring a few goals, whereas my abiding memory of Rafael was him getting taken off at half time recently having had a shocker.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:40:46 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wasn't having a shocker, got booked early on and at times still shows the immaturity which held him back in previous seasons so wasn't risked getting sent off with City the following week. Played excellent against them like he has been excellent for most of the season though, 2nd best player for us.

• reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:42:07 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not PL but Milan were playing a friendly today against a 4th division side, Boetang was getting racist abuse, picked up the ball, kicked it at the fans and walked off. Fair play to him.

http://youtu.be/nXyqFZ_fghI

Should be mentioned that most of the fans and opposing players acted well and even applauded Boetang as he walked off with the rest of the players.

Edited by reddevil93 at 14:45:01 03-01-2013

• Shikasama 3 Jan 2013 14:42:32 6,603 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I severely disliked Rafael last season - he always looked determined to either be sent off or gift a goal - but he has looked brilliant this season for the most part.

He did have a shocking game against Reading but you can tell he has worked hard.
  • Latin 3 Jan 2013 14:42:54 3,593 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Wasn't having a shocker, got booked early on and at times still shows the immaturity which held him back in previous seasons so wasn't risked getting sent off with City the following week. Played excellent against them like he has been excellent for most of the season though, 2nd best player for us.
    I would say RVP has been our best player, then Carrick (and I hate Carrick!), then Rafael.

Evra has been much better this season, but still bad at defending... Which isn't ideal for a defender!
  • Shikasama 3 Jan 2013 14:44:34 6,603 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Not PL but Milan were playing a friendly today against a 4th division side, Boetang was getting racist abuse, picked up the ball, kicked it at the fans and walked off. Fair play to him.

About time someone took a stand like that. I always wanted it to be a manager walking his team off though, purely for the drama of it.
  • kalel 3 Jan 2013 14:45:09 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whole team walked off.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:47:06 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    I would say RVP has been our best player, then Carrick (and I hate Carrick!), then Rafael.

Evra has been much better this season, but still bad at defending... Which isn't ideal for a defender!
    I love Carrick, been out best player over the last calendar year. Delighted that him Evans and Rafael are really changing people's minds who said they weren't good enough for a title winning side.

Edited by reddevil93 at 14:47:29 03-01-2013

• roz123 3 Jan 2013 14:49:55 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought Rafael would turn out a bit shit but this season he has proved me wrong. I think he is the most improved player in the league.
  • LeoliansBro 3 Jan 2013 14:50:36 43,227 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:

About time someone took a stand like that. I always wanted it to be a manager walking his team off though, purely for the drama of it.
    If they forfeit the game that's a nasty, nasty incentive to fans.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 3 Jan 2013 14:50:44 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't remember ever doubting Rafel's potential. Johnny Evans yes.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:56:54 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A lot did, especially since others have come in and done well in that position, (Smalling/Jones/Fabio) but he seems to have made it his own now, first time we look to have a settled right back in about 3 years.

Wasn't just talking about opposition fans though, lots of United fans thought he wouldn't make it.

The new figure of dislike amongst United fans seems to be Welbeck which is a pity as he is a local lad coming through the youth system who was very good last year, shunted on the wing this year and unable to perform so people getting on his back.

• Latin 3 Jan 2013 14:57:00 3,593 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still not convinced by Evans... Always seems to be involved with any goals we let in... That might be because Evra is always out of position so he has to try and cover for him the whole time! Long term, Smalling & Jones is the future, see no place for Evans in the starting XI.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 14:59:56 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    Long term, Smalling & Jones is the future, see no place for Evans in the starting XI.
    hard to tell I think, I reckon they're more talented than him but he's really growing into his role. Been first choice CB for over a year now. They've been hampered by injuries but he's taken his chane really well and looks ahead of them in terms of development at this stage.

• Latin 3 Jan 2013 15:11:29 3,593 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:

Should be mentioned that most of the fans and opposing players acted well and even applauded Boetang as he walked off with the rest of the players.
    Need someone to do it in a big match now... Friendly against a 4th division team won't get the headlines, do it against e.g. Juve/Inter and then give Milan the 3 points... Might start to see people crack down on it a lot more seriously
  • kalel 3 Jan 2013 15:15:38 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pato has signed for Corinthians.
  • Deckard1 3 Jan 2013 15:16:41 27,124 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Debuchy signed for Newcastle now apparently. Anyone seen him play much?
  • Widge Moderator 3 Jan 2013 15:21:19 13,252 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    when we signed kewell
    And Keane.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 15:22:05 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    So many injuries, awful waste of talent. El Sharawy the main hope left for AC up front.

• Widge Moderator 3 Jan 2013 15:22:50 13,252 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    I thought Rafael would turn out a bit shit but this season he has proved me wrong. I think he is the most improved player in the league.
    Thing about him is that I always sense he is a red card waiting to happen in the high emotion games.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• spindle9988 3 Jan 2013 15:42:08 3,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @widge

Keane was never given a proper chance with us to be fair. I dont think he even had a full season
  • MadCaddy13 3 Jan 2013 15:43:25 1,856 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Debuchy signed for Newcastle now apparently. Anyone seen him play much?
    :D
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 15:47:31 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FAO: Spurs lot

Ezekiel Fryers, the lad who left United in the summer for Leige looks to be on the way to you if various journos on twitter are to be believed. He was supposed to be going to ye in the summer(even played a reserve game I think) but the rumour was Levy didn't want to pay the compensation so him going to Leige avoided this, weird one all round.

• kalel 3 Jan 2013 15:51:56 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    So many injuries, awful waste of talent. El Sharawy the main hope left for AC up front.
    He's still only 22 or something. Surely there's still the potential for him to come good.

I wonder if AC will sign Balotelli. That's been mooted several times in the past.
  • kalel 3 Jan 2013 15:52:56 86,328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    FAO: Spurs lot

Ezekiel Fryers, the lad who left United in the summer for Leige looks to be on the way to you if various journos on twitter are to be believed. He was supposed to be going to ye in the summer(even played a reserve game I think) but the rumour was Levy didn't want to pay the compensation so him going to Leige avoided this, weird one all round.
    Yeah the story is we arranged the Liege signing to avoid the tribunal. Dodgy stuff, although apparently standard procedure in other countries.
  • reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 15:55:22 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't see how he will get a game for Spurs either, well stocked in defence and he never set the world alight even at reserve level here, time will tell I guess.

• reddevil93 3 Jan 2013 15:57:33 11,373 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I wonder if AC will sign Balotelli. That's been mooted several times in the past.
    Was always when Ibra was there though, he's always said he wants to play alongside him, even said it when at Inter and Ibra at AC. I guess PSG would be one of the clubs that could afford the bellend.

• nickthegun 3 Jan 2013 16:12:49 58,782 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He'll be like sasha curcic. A fucking arsehole who will be well out of football before his time, descending into being a fat, drunken punchline for football writers.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 5249 First / Last