The all-new Premier League thread Page 5145

• Page

of 5255 First / Last

• The-Bodybuilder 7 Jun 2014 14:09:29 14,069 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here is an interest list of tweets from a Barcelona fan and analyst. My point of Cesc was based on the few games I've seen of him, his is based on every game over 3 seasons. His review of Cesc is damming, and should serve as the core reason why he shouldn't come back, this especially...

...Was not needed and did not fit. They only wanted him because he was a great player who they felt, somehow, belonged to the club and he...Felt that he had an automatic right to return.
    Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
    To get the best of Cesc, your team has to be built around him to complete cover his flaws and play to his strengths, which is why for years he seemed the mist complete midfielder, because we gave him the perfect platform and set up.

But this isn't the Cesc team anymore, it's built on a type of players. Cesc CANNOT play a deeper role. And people need to stop just referring to his stats.

I also don't think he'll go to Chelsea for said reason too.
  • Dougs 7 Jun 2014 17:30:44 66,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That just reads like someone wanting a scapegoat if you ask me.
  • askew 7 Jun 2014 18:33:43 12,033 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I agree. The author seems to forget the lack of quality centre-backs, cover for Valdes (or even Valdes himself), and Song getting game-time.
  • Dougs 7 Jun 2014 19:13:44 66,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know I'm a little biased as I love Cesc but pinning a whole team's failings on one attacking midfielder is just weird. Either way, he ain't coming back to us, which is a shame and it'll make me sad seeing him in another shirt but that's football, especially these days.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Jun 2014 14:08:50 14,069 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually it was a response to the revisionism going on from barca fans.... you know? The same barca fans that have been booing him?

As I've stated, any extended watch of Cesc at Barca would end this ridiculous notion that both he and Ozil can be accommodated and that he can play deep. He can't. Pep said it and even Cesc admitted he simply struggles to stay disciplined in a deeper.

It's just wishful thinking, and bring Cesc back because "he's ours" is the exact mistake that barca did. Then we'll end up unbalancing our squad and diminishing Ramsey and Ozil, and doing to Jack what Barca did to Thiago just to accommodating Cesc. And I think, regardless of author's scapegoating of Cesc, makes that point that he didn't fit very well. Don't think that should just be overlooked because it's Cesc.

We love him, but he moved on, so we did too. That's life.
  • Shikasama 8 Jun 2014 14:43:28 6,612 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jack Wilshere desperately needs a kick up the arse.
  • kentmonkey 8 Jun 2014 14:58:37 20,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Jack Wilshere desperately needs a kick up the arse.
    What and be out injured again. No thanks.
  • Tom_Servo 9 Jun 2014 12:16:33 17,330 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    UNITED HAVE MADE A SIGNING!

Cho-A Pharm becomes the club’s "official pharmaceuticals partner in Korea and Vietnam".
  • nickthegun 9 Jun 2014 12:21:26 58,797 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A shiny penny for the first person who gets a picture of rooney holding a bottle of boner pills.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• SolidSCB 9 Jun 2014 13:13:42 6,401 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He'll be too busy swimming in a pool of minoxidil for all that now.
  • Syrette 9 Jun 2014 13:29:15 43,099 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My favourite Man Utd sponsor is 'Mamee', who are their noodles partner in the Middle East and Asia.

• Trowel 9 Jun 2014 20:55:23 17,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apparently Joke Hole is failing a medical at Aston Villa this evening.
  • jamievilla 9 Jun 2014 21:46:11 506 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When I first heard I presumed it was Carlton Cole.

I'm not sure whether I'm happier that it's not.
  • MrFlay 9 Jun 2014 23:26:19 548 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Be thankful you're not paying Rio Ferdinand £80k a week. Joe Cole is probably only on £70k.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Jun 2014 23:27:14 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He might do a job. Interesting to see Lambert has dropped his young and hungry thing in favour of some old chuggers. I am kind of pleased to see Lambert can adapt, something MON could never seemingly do.

You are a factory of sadness.

• caligari 9 Jun 2014 23:30:41 16,998 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    He might do a job. Interesting to see Lambert has dropped his young and hungry thing in favour of some old chuggers. I am kind of pleased to see Lambert can adapt, something MON could never seemingly do.
    Rumours that he's coming in for Hoolahan, too. I wouldn't be too fussed to see him leave at this stage - he never really stopped sulking after the last move fell through.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Jun 2014 23:42:51 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That rumour seems pretty obvious but it seems unlikely that Norwich are any more interested now than they were in January. Ialso think if it was ggoing to be done it would have been already.

• Dougs 10 Jun 2014 07:01:07 66,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sky have announced SS5, which is just for European football. Will be a bit thin after next season....
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Jun 2014 10:47:03 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So Joe Cole has apparently passed his medical and signed. Joe Cole passing a medical seems inconceivable!

• kalel 10 Jun 2014 10:49:22 86,389 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Medicals are weird. I'm sure someone like Bodybuilder will have some actual facts but they always seem to me to be more about longterm health issues, as opposed to injury issues that would hamper them as footballers.

I remember when Anderton left us and went to Birmingham, and supposedly passed his medical. Just can't fathom how a player that injury prone can pass a medical.
  • Dairyfree 10 Jun 2014 10:49:49 1,026 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    He never fulfilled his potential. Especially seeing as Gerrard said he was as good as Messi, heh.
  • nickthegun 10 Jun 2014 10:51:57 58,797 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its funny. I didnt once watch villa last year and think 'they could do with a player like joe cole'.

He totally called it

• Mr_Sleep 10 Jun 2014 10:58:28 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @nickthegun did you instead think that they could do with any player who can score goals, cross the ball or pass the ball successfully to a team mate?

@kalel haven't there been some serious conditions found in players during a medical? I was trying to figure out who I had in mind and I think it might have been Kanu's heart problems. So maybe medicals are more about players not dying, rather than if they have a bit of a weak hamstring. I suspect some of it is to do with player insurance and things like that too.

I can't remember the last time I heard of a player actually failing a medical at a club.

• TheMayorOfJugs 10 Jun 2014 11:01:11 3,068 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @nickthegun did you instead think that they could do with any player who can score goals, cross the ball or pass the ball successfully to a team mate?

@kalel haven't there been some serious conditions found in players during a medical? I was trying to figure out who I had in mind and I think it might have been Kanu's heart problems. So maybe medicals are more about players not dying, rather than if they have a bit of a weak hamstring. I suspect some of it is to do with player insurance and things like that too.

I can't remember the last time I heard of a player actually failing a medical at a club.
    Charlie Austin at Hull, his shoulder.
  • Dairyfree 10 Jun 2014 11:07:36 1,026 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Didn't Ba fail a medical at Stoke and sign for West Ham?

Something about his Knee's.

Edit- And leroy Fer at Everton before joining Norwich

Edited by Dairyfree at 11:10:11 10-06-2014
  • convz 10 Jun 2014 11:26:09 351 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its funny. I didnt once watch villa last year and think 'they could do with a player like joe cole'.
    To be fair, more people would've thought this than "they could do with a player like Senderos'
  • nickthegun 10 Jun 2014 11:39:17 58,797 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didnt phrase that very well. Yes, they could use a player 'like joe cole' but not actually 'joe cole'.

Edited by nickthegun at 11:39:29 10-06-2014

He totally called it

• Mr_Sleep 10 Jun 2014 12:41:51 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Didn't Ba fail a medical at Stoke and sign for West Ham?

Something about his Knee's.

Edit- And leroy Fer at Everton before joining Norwich
    That raises the question of why he would fail at one club and not the other. Weird that.

• Tom_Servo 10 Jun 2014 12:49:30 17,330 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    John Hartson failed a medical at Rangers, left in tears, then Celtic signed him. Turned out quite good for them...
  • Page

of 5255 First / Last