The all-new Premier League thread Page 4652

• Page

of 5370 First / Last

• Dairyfree 12 Feb 2014 22:33:43 1,142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    RightBean wrote:
    Man Utd played okay tonight, they should have done that against Fulham. It's not easy playing Arsenal, they were both about even
    You are quite a good troll actually.
  • Dairyfree 12 Feb 2014 22:35:54 1,142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Yeah, would have been better if Liverpool didn't win, just a 3 point gap for Spurs. In the hunt for sure, no pressure.

I think Moyes needs to start changing how they play, if he even has such a plan. They aren't getting fourth. Just wipe out this season, play with new tactics and formations for the future. Show something.
    I would have been absolutely been 100% behind Moyes if he'd done this. Once we signed Mata, I really though he'd implement something a bit more positive in the side formation wise. As it is, we have a 37m Kagawa and most scarily of all, Moyes truly believes in his heart of hearts that we play good, positive football and we're just unlucky. Which is why I want him gone.
    I didn't think this until we actually signed Mata and stuck to the same rigid formation.

He's totally shat himself and bottled the job since he got it.
  • mikew1985 12 Feb 2014 22:37:01 12,655 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree with him actually. We had players actually showing and getting closer to each other in the game.
  • THFourteen 12 Feb 2014 22:40:48 33,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Umm, why were Arsenal fans booing at the end?
    Frustration at the lack of intent in the last few minutes I think. Eejits
    Try 90mins mate!

Total lack of bottle tonight. Nobody wanted to run beyond the ball. It's terrible one dimensional football AGAIN just when we had got past it.

Also why on earth do we not take free kicks like very other team in the league? We have 90mins to pass the balls sideways, when we get a free kick just fucking stoke it for fucks sake. We are not so high and mighty that we are beyond that, it's fucking negligent not to practice free kicks.
  • Dougs 12 Feb 2014 22:42:49 67,143 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We're a team of mostly midgets. What on earth can lumping it up front from free kicks achieve?
  • kentmonkey 12 Feb 2014 22:45:45 20,574 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was like watching two Under 13 sides.

They all wanted to be within 2.3 yards of the ball, and didn't know what to do with it out wide, do just dicked about with it for a little while trying to offload it to one of their mates so they weren't the last one to touch it before giving away possession with the obligatory one solo person standing about 45 yards away, blocked by three players and marked by another one, standing stock still screaming at them because they didn't pass to him because from there "OMGIwouldsolikehavescoredfromhereifyou'dpassedyouselfishbastards", before throwing a hand in the air and mincing off.
  • THFourteen 12 Feb 2014 22:45:52 33,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More than touching it sideways.

Giroud had two great chances from corners which he spurned so we can't be that bad at creating them.

Liverpools goal from the free kick had nothing to do with height.
  • Orange 12 Feb 2014 22:46:18 4,740 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be fair where else is Moyes going to play Mata? Can't play him behind a front two, would get ripped apart defensively, so only other optionn is to drop one of Rooney/RVP, which would be silly. Playing him wide with license to play infield is how City use David Silva and it works fine.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2014 22:50:05
    How strange was Gerard's celebration...
  • Humperfunk 12 Feb 2014 22:50:27 2,091 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He scores a lot of goals, but that celebration from Sturridge makes him a vastly unlikeable idiot.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• ElNino9 12 Feb 2014 22:55:19 13,362 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    2 teams desperate not to lose there. Frustrating as they were pony and there for the taking. Ah well.
    I think Utd were better than Arsenal fwiw.

We've also got an excuse for being shit, we're 7th. Arsenal completely toothless and Giroud is fucking piss.

Shame, I'd happily see Arsenal beat the two Oil FC teams to the league. Not a chance it'll happen now, though.

Edited by ElNino9 at 23:00:46 12-02-2014

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Orange 12 Feb 2014 22:56:09 4,740 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Such a silly challenge, Sturridge was going nowhere.
  • FuzzyZealot 12 Feb 2014 22:56:22 177 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    When did John Arne Riise join Fall Out Boy?
  • Menace 12 Feb 2014 22:59:17 5,742 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Giroud didn't get any decent crosses to work with to be fair, and he still managed to get to the ball first most of the time.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• Deleted user 12 February 2014 23:00:35
    I really with the FA would start stamping out diving. Ban/fine them afterwards if you have too.
  • RedSparrows 12 Feb 2014 23:08:30 22,258 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Newcastle are shite.
  • Bremenacht 12 Feb 2014 23:10:27 17,777 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lloris. Amazeballs.
  • captbirdseye 12 Feb 2014 23:14:27 4,862 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ade has the shitest celebration.
  • Dairyfree 12 Feb 2014 23:21:46 1,142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Orange wrote:
    To be fair where else is Moyes going to play Mata? Can't play him behind a front two, would get ripped apart defensively, so only other optionn is to drop one of Rooney/RVP, which would be silly. Playing him wide with license to play infield is how City use David Silva and it works fine.
    City play a totally different system which their superior midfield allows them to play. If we had Yaya Toure I would agree with you.
  • karlo87 12 Feb 2014 23:23:34 1,399 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MotD makes it look like Arsenal battered Utd

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Iím wankered on Rohypnol.

• Orange 12 Feb 2014 23:26:48 4,740 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    City play a totally different system which their superior midfield allows them to play. If we had Yaya Toure I would agree with you.
    So where should Mata be playing then?
  • liamthemaster 12 Feb 2014 23:29:04 1,591 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't get why Arsenal fans boo if they don't play well, It's not lie that's going to help anyone.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2014 23:29:26
    I actually think Utd were just unlucky tonight. Seemed as though they had plenty of chances, it just didnt hit the net.

Of course, they were both still poor, but still...
  • SolidSCB 12 Feb 2014 23:30:54 6,571 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    I think we have all been begging to see a front 4 of RVP with a 3 from Rooney/Mata/Januzaj/Kagawa in behind, similar to Chelsea. Put a 2 of Carrick/Fletcher Fellaini(when fit) behind that. The only thing we'd be losing is our wingers, who are absolutely awful anyway.

It has become clear he'll never have the balls to even try this though.
  • kentmonkey 12 Feb 2014 23:33:58 20,574 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    I don't get why Arsenal fans boo if they don't play well, It's not lie that's going to help anyone.
    You're absolutely correct. Doing a big ironic cheer at the final whistle, standing up applauding them as loud as we could and running and jumping around in the stands like we'd just won a trophy would have a much bigger impact.
  • Dairyfree 12 Feb 2014 23:34:13 1,142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Orange wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:
    So where should Mata be playing then?
    In a fluid 3 with Januzaj and Rooney behind RVP. Just show a bit of adventure against teams.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2014 23:36:07
    Who's the kid managing Swansea?

Looks like he just nicked a bike or something.
  • Dairyfree 12 Feb 2014 23:37:28 1,142 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    I think we have all been begging to see a front 4 of RVP with a 3 from Rooney/Mata/Januzaj/Kagawa in behind, similar to Chelsea. Put a 2 of Carrick/Fletcher Fellaini(when fit) behind that. The only thing we'd be losing is our wingers, who are absolutely awful anyway.

It has become clear he'll never have the balls to even try this though.
    We'd get the with from Evra and Rafael(who is poor compared to his form last season)

We really seem to be lacking confidence, but even after a morale boosting win we mess it up against a team we should hammer a few games later.
  • Syrette 12 Feb 2014 23:37:47 43,295 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IRT wrote:
    Who's the kid managing Swansea?

Looks like he just nicked a bike or something.
    You only follow 'top club' news?

• FuzzyZealot 12 Feb 2014 23:40:04 177 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    It's Wash from Firefly as played by Alan Tudyk.
  • Page

of 5370 First / Last