The all-new Premier League thread Page 3983

• Page

of 4939 First / Last

• FWB 26 Aug 2013 10:14:31 42,063 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Still can't believe we beat Man City yesterday. Bring on Everton Saturday who'll probably stuff us now :D.
    We've continued where we left off last season. Tons of possession yet struggling to score. I wouldn't worry.
  • TheDarkKnight 26 Aug 2013 10:15:10 597 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Clearly it was A, no other way it would have caused such a fuss.

Who do we want to win tonight then guys? The way I feel about Chelsea right now, it would be nice for some red cards and injuries, but I'd never be that callous. Oh no.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• captbirdseye 26 Aug 2013 10:25:07 4,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Jono62 Not really as they never looked liked they had an end product and we looked pretty comfortable most of the game. If they scored it was always gonna be something of quality from outside the area.

I did kinda of expect that the floodgates would open after that but they never looked like they could be bothered.

Lescott and Garica were just terrible though and i've never seen two slower CB's in a competitve game.
  • mikew1985 26 Aug 2013 10:25:24 12,122 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Silva was good last week, and I really wouldn't say he had a poor season last year by any means. He just somewhat faded into the background.
    Comparatively he was much more ineffectual last season than the one prior. I just think he's not been as consistent or productive whenever I have seen him.

Someone will probably be able to produce some stats to show me up but I feel like he's gone off the boil somewhat.

I'd still have him on a heartbeat but he was unplayably good before.
  • captbirdseye 26 Aug 2013 10:26:16 4,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FWB Can you sell Baines and Fellani by Saturday as well please :p.
  • Syrette 26 Aug 2013 10:28:21 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Guess who had Lescott in their FF team :cry:

I really need to do more research next time. Garca-Lescott was never going to work.

• Mr_Sleep 26 Aug 2013 11:57:54 16,280 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Silva was good last week, and I really wouldn't say he had a poor season last year by any means. He just somewhat faded into the background.
    Comparatively he was much more ineffectual last season than the one prior. I just think he's not been as consistent or productive whenever I have seen him.

Someone will probably be able to produce some stats to show me up but I feel like he's gone off the boil somewhat.

I'd still have him on a heartbeat but he was unplayably good before.
    Could be that teams are giving him less space to work in as he is now a well known quantity.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Syrette 26 Aug 2013 12:02:32 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spanish media are reporting that Bale is heading to Liverpool!

• TheDarkKnight 26 Aug 2013 12:03:44 597 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    EPL Stats man on twitter
    Eden Hazard and Nacer Chadli have created the joint most chances in the Premier League this season (9) #CFC #THFC (@Squawka stats)
    Chadli having a good start to his career with us then. I must say I'm rather surprised, he seems to have been struggling a little bit to adjust to the league, which of course is normal for most players.

Edited by TheDarkKnight at 12:04:06 26-08-2013

Edited by TheDarkKnight at 12:04:44 26-08-2013

• Mr_Sleep 26 Aug 2013 12:05:20 16,280 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SSN are reporting Jesus has returned and he's set to join Liverpool, the devil is said to be aggrieved that he couldn't prise Suarez away for his starting eleven.

You are a factory of sadness.

• FWB 26 Aug 2013 12:20:52 42,063 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Probably one of the most ludicrous things I've heard this transfer season.
  • vijay_UK 26 Aug 2013 12:52:40 1,696 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the Spanish media got the teams mixed up, and it's really Man Utd making a last ditch attempt before the Chelsea game. Anything to give the club a bit of a boost before a major game.
  • Tom_Servo 26 Aug 2013 12:57:31 15,602 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    All I'm hoping for tonight is a touchline bust-up.
  • Syrette 26 Aug 2013 13:00:46 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No apparently Levy has gotten fed up of Madrid not bowing to his demands, so Real are going after Suarez instead. Should that deal go through Liverpool have then agreed in principle to spend the Suarez proceeds and another 30m on Bale.

Apparently sources close to the player say he himself is excited about the move, saying that any player would want to play for a club with the prestige, history and values of Liverpool. He wouldn't view them as a step down.

Apparently Spurs and Liverpool get on very well at boardroom level and there is a mutual respect that does not exist between Real and Spurs (owing in part to how they angered Levy over Modric).

• Kay 26 Aug 2013 13:10:22 17,404 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ^^ Gotta be a joke surely. There's no way on earth Bale would consider Liverpool a step up from Spurs.

I get the impression that Real Madrid's his only choice. If he can't go there he's better off staying at Spurs, because they'd be considered title contenders with him in the team.

Edited by Kay at 13:10:40 26-08-2013
  • LeD 26 Aug 2013 13:13:19 6,192 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    No apparently Levy has gotten fed up of Madrid not bowing to his demands, so Real are going after Suarez instead. Should that deal go through Liverpool have then agreed in principle to spend the Suarez proceeds and another 30m on Bale.

Apparently sources close to the player say he himself is excited about the move, saying that any player would want to play for a club with the prestige, history and values of Liverpool. He wouldn't view them as a step down.

Apparently Spurs and Liverpool get on very well at boardroom level and there is a mutual respect that does not exist between Real and Spurs (owing in part to how they angered Levy over Modric).
    But would Spurs agree to strenghten a direct competitor to Europa League qualification?
  • morriss 26 Aug 2013 13:17:19 70,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol
  • Baihu1983 26 Aug 2013 13:19:52 2,864 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

:lol:
  • vijay_UK 26 Aug 2013 13:49:48 1,696 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Syrette

I can't believe you wrote all that.
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Aug 2013 14:22:17 13,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't believe people believed it.

Especially enjoying the wind up being done so far. LeD and FAN are in form.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Aug 2013 14:24:39 12,618 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If Bale was going to go to LFC, Spurs would find some way to hijack it by re-signing him 5 minutes later.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• The-Bodybuilder 26 Aug 2013 14:27:39 13,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And then the LFC fans would moan about Spurs never using their own scouts and just going for their targets.
  • LeD 26 Aug 2013 14:29:36 6,192 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reports that Spurs are in for Mata, according to The Guardian. That one you can easily check morriss. ;)
  • TheDarkKnight 26 Aug 2013 15:13:30 597 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I'm sure we've maybe inquired about Mata, but no way he'd come, or Chelsea would sell. They basically bought Willian to stop us strengthening, why give us a player just as good, if not better (Prem experience)?

• faux_carnation 26 Aug 2013 15:15:34 8,516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently Liverpool are "close" to loaning Moses from Chelsea. Whatever that means.
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Aug 2013 15:46:52 13,635 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mata is better than Willian, regardless of experience.
    Odd for Chelsea to loan Moses to Liverpool of all clubs, knowing they are a threat to them, not in terms of position, but in regards to dropping points.

Dare I say and this may be me being cynical, but considering Chelsea's suspected antics with Willian, is it out of the question that Chelsea are possibly loaning Moses to Liverpool knowing it helps them significantly in dropping points for their nearest rivals whilst he won't be available against them?

I know I wasn't one to smoke on the conspiracy crackpipe, but mourinho's recent and clear unsettling of Rooney and blaming Moyes does smack of clear underhanded tactics.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 17:31:28 26-08-2013
  • FWB 26 Aug 2013 15:49:51 42,063 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doesn't sound too far fetched. They have so much cash to waste they're now manufacturing the make up of other clubs in order to clear their path to the title. It's going beyond ludicrous. I'd be annoyed, but it has no bearing on my club whatsoever.

Edited by FWB at 15:52:41 26-08-2013
  • faux_carnation 26 Aug 2013 16:08:23 8,516 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would assume it's partly down to the Mourinho/Rodgers effect.
  • Baihu1983 26 Aug 2013 16:55:39 2,864 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No chance of Chelsea selling a player like Mata to Spurs.
  • Orange 26 Aug 2013 17:05:14 4,565 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Dare I say and this may be me being cynical, but considering Chelsea's suspected antics with Willian, is it out of the question that Chelsea are possibly loaning Moses to Liverpool knowing it helps them significantly in dropping points for their nearest rivals whilst he won't be available against them?
    As dodgy as Chelski are, in fairness they're so overloaded with wingers/attacking mids they have to shift Moses out to whoever will take him and he would be prepared to join. Seems Liverpool also prepared to pay 2 million loan fee - and if he does well Chelski also know Liverpool would pay a decent permanent fee at the end of it while taking on Moses's full wages.

Edited by Orange at 17:07:21 26-08-2013
  • Page

of 4939 First / Last