The all-new Premier League thread Page 3840

  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

  • Mr_Sleep 1 Aug 2013 17:53:06 17,387 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The alternative is to have a life and be doing stuff on a Saturday night, put it on record before you go out and then watch it the next day. Not saying that's what I do, just saying that it is an opportunity open to all of us. Either that or watch it with some friends and talk about how stupid the analysis is and having someone defend Lawro for some reason, why ever that may be.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Syrette 1 Aug 2013 17:58:17 44,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The alternative is to have a life and be doing stuff on a Saturday night, put it on record before you go out and then watch it the next day. Not saying that's what I do, just saying that it is an opportunity open to all of us. Either that or watch it with some friends and talk about how stupid the analysis is and having someone defend Lawro for some reason, why ever that may be.
    My God man, you're right! Apparently they call it a 'social life'.

    Must admit that I'll sometimes decide to give it a miss if my club loses and I'm not in the mood for football.

  • mikew1985 1 Aug 2013 18:20:49 13,044 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You must have missed most of last seasons highlights then FAN.

    /all week
  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 18:23:43 69,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you have kids, there's a fair chance you're asleep for the Sat night one but up for the Sunday morning repeat. Even then I Sky+ it though.
  • prawnking1980 1 Aug 2013 18:24:39 5,237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    You must have missed most of last seasons highlights then FAN.

    /all week


    Was thinking the same.
  • Syrette 1 Aug 2013 18:26:44 44,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You joke Mike but you're not far off the truth. Could catch up on Saturday's goals on MOTD 2 after all.

    The way things are going, next season won't be any better.

  • mikew1985 1 Aug 2013 18:29:29 13,044 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    You joke Mike but you're not far off the truth. Could catch up on Saturday's goals on MOTD 2 after all.

    The way things are going, next season won't be any better.
    I understand, to a lesser degree obviously. On the rare occasions that I do have to deal with a loss I'm generally a bit of a baby about it and feel similarly.
  • Trowel 1 Aug 2013 18:31:25 18,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    Sounds like bollocks spread on twitter and taken as fact, as usual. Spurs are worth vastly more than that. Forbes have them at £332 million without factoring in the squad value and before this year's Bale hype: http://www.forbes.com/teams/tottenham-hotspur/
    £83.6m was the market cap of Spurs when they delisted in Jan 2012. Like it or not, that was the perceived market value.

    This paper seems to try to address the question of a football club's 'value' - haven't read it, but see if it's relevant.
  • captbirdseye 1 Aug 2013 18:42:28 5,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol, rumours going around Cardiff is that lol...Gestde is gonna sign† for Arsenal lol. Seriously, this guy is like a bad Andy Carroll with less ball control.
  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 18:52:29 69,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Appears to have come from some made up twitter account. I'd ignore if I were you!
  • captbirdseye 1 Aug 2013 18:53:42 5,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dougs still be funny if he signed though :D.
  • Blotto 1 Aug 2013 19:07:58 2,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone watching BT sport?

    Jake Humphries is good, David James is awful though, already called pelligrini "Pelligrino"
  • oceanmotion 1 Aug 2013 19:14:13 16,129 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They made a big deal of it on the news this evening but is it not just what ESPN had the last few years and that did fuck all to Sky.
  • Blotto 1 Aug 2013 19:16:26 2,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't they have more games or something?
  • Blotto 1 Aug 2013 19:20:23 2,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    First of many Liverplols this season hopefully: Warrior uses "Man Up" in it's advertising for the Liverpool kit, even though its on a list of their banned words.
  • robc84 1 Aug 2013 19:20:51 6,094 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    If you have kids, there's a fair chance you're asleep for the Sat night one but up for the Sunday morning repeat. Even then I Sky+ it though.
    This. Whenever I try to stay up to watch it I'm asleep by the end of the first game!
  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 19:27:34 69,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Dougs still be funny if he signed though :D.
    Believe me, nothing would surprise me these days! Sanogo appears to fulfill the promising striker role this year.
  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 19:29:14 69,533 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Anyone watching BT sport?

    Jake Humphries is good, David James is awful though, already called pelligrini "Pelligrino"
    Appears to be free on Sky at the moment. Assume as a promo
  • wogsy81 1 Aug 2013 19:39:00 759 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    First of many Liverplols this season hopefully: Warrior uses "Man Up" in it's advertising for the Liverpool kit, even though its on a list of their banned words.
    That is kinda funny.
    Not only do we have David Brent as our manager, we have him writing for our kit suppliers website now :)
  • Syrette 1 Aug 2013 19:51:12 44,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Long may Liverpool's reign as the laughing stock of the Prem continue. That's one league I'm happy to see them win.

  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Aug 2013 19:55:51 14,444 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Why don't the BBC trying getting a new[and cheaper] host?
    Because they're institutional c*nts of an old boys club.
    Have you met the entirety of the BBCs management structure? If not, I dont believe you are qualified to comment.
    Oh yes, I've met them all.

    I mean, its an obvious lie, but you know how it is, gotta keep face with my original statement.
  • Orange 1 Aug 2013 20:44:07 4,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Trowel It's not a case of 'liking', as your linked paper points out the market cap does not come close to reflect the value of a club, particularly when it had majority shareholders with no interest in selling at that value.
  • prawnking1980 1 Aug 2013 20:59:17 5,237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone watching Swansea on itv4(I think)?
  • oceanmotion 1 Aug 2013 21:02:35 16,129 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, Swansea are playing so well. Simple but effective. Michu is cool and silky in front of goal.

    Moyes out after first game :p

    Edited by oceanmotion at 21:05:41 01-08-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Aug 2013 21:33:12 17,387 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is interesting as they will be much more match fit than man utd. Shelvy really reminds me of Gerrard.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Trowel 1 Aug 2013 21:54:33 18,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    @Trowel It's not a case of 'liking', as your linked paper points out the market cap does not come close to reflect the value of a club, particularly when it had majority shareholders with no interest in selling at that value.
    OK, but lets agree that regardless of whether it correctly applies to a football club given the difficulty of measuring its assets, the value of a listed company is significantly different to "bollocks spread on twitter and taken as fact".
  • morriss 1 Aug 2013 21:56:32 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All Spurs ITK now saying Bale isn't leaving. :S
  • robc84 1 Aug 2013 22:09:58 6,094 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tell you what... if he does stay we have a really decent looking team (albeit short at cb atm).

    Still think he is going though.
  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

Log in or register to reply