The all-new Premier League thread Page 3822

  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

  • Syrette 28 Jul 2013 19:53:56 44,254 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread

  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 19:54:05 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Anyway, without wishing to jump the gun (as it is so easy to do with Spurs), it really is sounding an awful lot like we've signed Soldado. Pretty much every Spanish paper has it as done, and there's various semi-official Valencia sources talking about the sale and how the money will be spent, so it's looking good.

    Even if Bale does go, I'd be reasonably confident with what we have now.
    I'm reading Contreau + Di Maria for Bale.
  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 19:54:39 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    :'(
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 19:55:17
    I've never ever heard of a club considering their female fan base when it comes to buying a player. That's hilarious (and nonsense).
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 19:56:00
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    The ever predictable FAN ladies and gentlemen.
  • robc84 28 Jul 2013 19:56:51 6,094 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If bale does go, as long as we sign a decent striker I think we'll still be in th mix for top 4.

    Soldado is probably one of the best available atm
  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 19:59:29 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gazetta D Sport's Spanish correspondant: https://twitter.com/filippomricci/status/361537184811057152

    Paulinho and Chadli done. Soldado almost done. If Coentrao + Di Maria for Bale is confirmed the result is a more complete Tottenham IMO

    Edited by morriss at 20:00:15 28-07-2013
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:00:27
    morriss wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Anyway, without wishing to jump the gun (as it is so easy to do with Spurs), it really is sounding an awful lot like we've signed Soldado. Pretty much every Spanish paper has it as done, and there's various semi-official Valencia sources talking about the sale and how the money will be spent, so it's looking good.

    Even if Bale does go, I'd be reasonably confident with what we have now.
    I'm reading Contreau + Di Maria for Bale.
    I think it was more like 50m plus those two.

    Which I'd take, but these swap deals never work because the players have to want to come to us, plus wages is always an issue with players like that. They're probably both on more than what we pay Bale now.
  • Menace 28 Jul 2013 20:00:46 5,795 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    The ever predictable FAN ladies and gentlemen.
    Looking over the last few (many) pages it's not entirely wrong though.. but it's silly season, so I'm not bothered.

    www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:01:44
    Menace wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    The ever predictable FAN ladies and gentlemen.
    Looking over the last few (many) pages it's not entirely wrong though.. but it's silly season, so I'm not bothered.
    We talked about nothing but Suarez all week, and then Rooney before that, but as soon as Spurs is the hot topic the usual suspects have a whinge.
  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 20:02:39 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Anyway, without wishing to jump the gun (as it is so easy to do with Spurs), it really is sounding an awful lot like we've signed Soldado. Pretty much every Spanish paper has it as done, and there's various semi-official Valencia sources talking about the sale and how the money will be spent, so it's looking good.

    Even if Bale does go, I'd be reasonably confident with what we have now.
    I'm reading Contreau + Di Maria for Bale.
    I think it was more like 50m plus those two.

    Which I'd take, but these swap deals never work because the players have to want to come to us, plus wages is always an issue with players like that. They're probably both on more than what we pay Bale now.
    Maybe the transfer fee could subsidize their wages? But yeah, I'm also reading that Levy's told RM he wants 150m. Hilarious if true - but I doubt it.
  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 20:03:26 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Excuse us for having great players and being reasonably active in the transfer market for exciting players.
  • roz123 28 Jul 2013 20:04:31 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From what I have seen of Saldado I don't think he will be an improvement over Defoe or Adebayor in terms of ability, maybe he can bring some consistency though.
  • THFourteen 28 Jul 2013 20:07:38 34,475 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please let's not talk about Suarez anymore.

    Anyhow, I can see spurs being stronger after losing bale.

    It was very close last year, with no signings for us and many for spurs, could be a no brainer.
  • Syrette 28 Jul 2013 20:08:21 44,254 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Menace wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    The ever predictable FAN ladies and gentlemen.
    Looking over the last few (many) pages it's not entirely wrong though.. but it's silly season, so I'm not bothered.
    We talked about nothing but Suarez all week, and then Rooney before that, but as soon as Spurs is the hot topic the usual suspects have a whinge.
    Well shall we not talk about the keeper Cardiff have bought off Brentford, Palace's transfer woes, Carlton Cole being linked with St Ettiene, or West Brom's lack of fresh faces?

    You know, the important stuff.

  • Syrette 28 Jul 2013 20:09:28 44,254 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Please let's not talk about Suarez anymore.

    Anyhow, I can see spurs being stronger after losing bale.

    It was very close last year, with no signings for us and many for spurs, could be a no brainer.
    No signings?

    Yaya Sonago says hi.

    Edited by Syrette at 20:12:20 28-07-2013

  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:09:30
    Talk about whatever you want, nobody's stopping you.
  • Menace 28 Jul 2013 20:09:53 5,795 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Menace wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    The All New Spurs and Other Clubs Thread
    The ever predictable FAN ladies and gentlemen.
    Looking over the last few (many) pages it's not entirely wrong though.. but it's silly season, so I'm not bothered.
    We talked about nothing but Suarez all week, and then Rooney before that, but as soon as Spurs is the hot topic the usual suspects have a whinge.
    I stand by my point, but no need to be so defensive. It's a discussion forum, it's not your fault that the rest of us are less active here! =)

    www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:10:20
    Also, was that post a joke? It's hard to tell.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2013 20:12:58
    @Menace

    Not the first time a certain someone gets upset whenever we talk about Spurs for a while. It's gets tiring.
  • Baihu1983 28 Jul 2013 20:13:25 3,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Bale news has [sadly for Spurs] picked up a bit over the last few days but I did laugh at the Suns article the other day. Not only written like someone from the paper was actually in the room during this supposed meeting with Bale and Levy but it made it sound like the conversation was that on par with 2 8 year olds.
  • Menace 28 Jul 2013 20:16:54 5,795 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    @Menace

    Not the first time a certain someone gets upset whenever we talk about Spurs for a while. It's gets tiring.
    Fair enough. I should've kept my mouth shut also, I know there's some history there.

    www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

  • prawnking1980 28 Jul 2013 20:50:55 5,237 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    The Bale news has [sadly for Spurs] picked up a bit over the last few days but I did laugh at the Suns article the other day. Not only written like someone from the paper was actually in the room during this supposed meeting with Bale and Levy but it made it sound like the conversation was that on par with 2 8 year olds.
    So he is one of the more intelligent footballers then.
  • SparkyMarky81 28 Jul 2013 21:15:01 567 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe he got his ears fixed for aerodynamic reasons? Having ears that stick out like elephant ears would produce extra drag when moving at high speeds.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jul 2013 21:57:06 17,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Talk about whatever you want, nobody's stopping you.
    This is pretty much spot on, i blather on about Villa all the time but for the most part it's only jono and Jaimevilla who respond much but that's kind of how a discussion forum works, this thread tends to go through a lot of different topics and the Bale saga is set to be a big story. Not sure what Syrette's problem is TBH.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • prawnking1980 28 Jul 2013 21:59:53 5,237 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bored that Newcastle have signed no one.
  • jamievilla 28 Jul 2013 22:12:04 598 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

    J'aimevilla? I like Villa.

    Yep, works for me. So anyway, Bale isn't worth more than Benteke, surely :)
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jul 2013 22:17:39 17,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep

    J'aimevilla? I like Villa.

    Yep, works for me. So anyway, Bale isn't worth more than Benteke, surely :)
    If Benteke continues like last season then it'll be a similar value for sure :-)

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • LionheartDJH 28 Jul 2013 22:27:37 19,548 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Not sure what Syrette's problem is TBH.
    pick.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • morriss 28 Jul 2013 22:49:56 71,286 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    :D
  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

Log in or register to reply