The all-new Premier League thread Page 3527

  • Page

    of 5488 First / Last

  • King_Edward 7 May 2013 09:49:34 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Newcastle are too big to go down.
    Recent history disagrees.
  • captbirdseye 7 May 2013 10:22:06 4,997 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry if been mentioned, but i noticed Everton are changing their badge next year.
  • kalel 7 May 2013 10:35:25 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Newcastle are too big to go down.
    Recent history disagrees.
    Meaningless phrase that second rate pundits trot out. What does "big" even mean?
  • THFourteen 7 May 2013 10:36:51 33,482 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    woot i'm a second rate pundit

    \o/
  • kalel 7 May 2013 10:39:50 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, you're just repeating something you got off a second rate pundit.
  • Trowel 7 May 2013 10:44:25 17,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Brings to mind that great Wigan fact - the only team to have reached but never to have been relegated from the top flight.
  • roz123 7 May 2013 10:46:21 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/06/agent-legal-threat-uefa-financial-fair-play
    An agent is launching a legal challenge against Uefas financial fair play rules because it unfairly restricts his earnings. He is using the lawyer who represented Bosman
  • Dougs 7 May 2013 10:55:03 67,825 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, the whole system is unlawful really. As Kalel has often said, won't be long till we see 1yr rolling contracts and no transfer fees -just massive signing on fees/golden handcuffs etc that you see in other industries.
  • THFourteen 7 May 2013 10:58:05 33,482 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Even if it wasnt a cliche, its a weird thing to say considering this is only their second season back in the prem.
    its also possible i wasn't being entirely serious...
  • reddevil93 7 May 2013 11:44:54 11,781 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was the fact Everton fans were singing 'Always the victims' on Sunday mentioned in here? Might mean a few more acknowledge it has fuck all to do with Hillsborough. Started during the racism saga and the fact it's being sung again after the latest Suarez debacle is no coincidence. Horrible victim mentality about LFC.

  • RedSparrows 7 May 2013 11:57:09 22,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More Liverpool woe

    FWIW I don't think Liverpool have been that bad about the recent Suarez thing. They could have been more punitive, but nowhere near the martyr-attitude of the racism thing.

    Edited by RedSparrows at 11:57:18 07-05-2013
  • kalel 7 May 2013 11:59:44 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Yeah, the whole system is unlawful really. As Kalel has often said, won't be long till we see 1yr rolling contracts and no transfer fees -just massive signing on fees/golden handcuffs etc that you see in other industries.
    Agents benefit as much as anyone from the current system, if not more, so they want to be careful about bursting the bubble.
  • President_Weasel 7 May 2013 12:04:01 9,341 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Even if it wasnt a cliche, its a weird thing to say considering this is only their second season back in the prem.
    I actually assumed it was a deliberate attempt to "murray walker" them into going down.
  • kalel 7 May 2013 12:08:40 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Was the fact Everton fans were singing 'Always the victims' on Sunday mentioned in here? Might mean a few more acknowledge it has fuck all to do with Hillsborough. Started during the racism saga and the fact it's being sung again after the latest Suarez debacle is no coincidence. Horrible victim mentality about LFC.
    It doesn't have fuck all to do with Hillsborough, or at least some sing it with every intention of referencing it, which is the issue.

    Doesn't mean it isn't generally a very accurate sentiment and it's being picked up more and more now.
  • RobTheBuilder 7 May 2013 12:13:59 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun yeah, I remember them quoting the chairman as saying the premier league is probably too high a level for such a small club. I think they'll go down this year, but they deserve a huge amount of credit for staying up before, and for making a better go of the premier league than many teams with significantly higher budgets have.
  • robc84 7 May 2013 12:19:25 5,645 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It gives me great displeasure to think that a draw or loss for us tomorrow would also be a great result for the gooners.

    Interested to see what you would prefer actually. A chelsea win and you've pretty much a guaranteed top 4 finish (barring a huge fuck up of Spurs-esqe proportions) but 3rd is probably out of touch. A draw and you still stand a chance of a top 3 finish but we will will be breathing down your necks still.

    Personally I cant see us winning, which means we will have to rely on Arsenal messing up. Although it would be great to finally get a win at stamford bridge and get that final monkey off our back!
  • reddevil93 7 May 2013 12:21:51 11,781 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It doesn't have fuck all to do with Hillsborough, or at least some sing it with every intention of referencing it, which is the issue.

    Doesn't mean it isn't generally a very accurate sentiment and it's being picked up more and more now.
    It started as nothing to do with Hillsborough at all, and only for the fact there is persecution complex around Liverpool and their fans nobody would've thought it was any reference to it. Liverpool fans just love being offended though.

    I do get your point that some do now use it to reference Hillsborough though and agree it shouldn't be sang around the time of the anniversary.

    Edited by reddevil93 at 12:28:19 07-05-2013

  • kalel 7 May 2013 12:27:54 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Again, regardless of how it started, it is sung by some with the intention of referencing it. I also think it's a bit much to suggest that it would never have been linked with Hillsborough had it not been for Liverpool fans suggesting it was.

    We all know broadly what the song is about and yes Liverpool have a ridiculous victim complex, but there are without question a (probably quite small) group of cuntish Man U fans who relish the opportunity to make the link with Hillsborough with that song.
  • reddevil93 7 May 2013 12:30:18 11,781 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Edited above to pretty much agree with your points, 'fuck all to do with it' was a bit over the top alright.

  • RobTheBuilder 7 May 2013 12:31:03 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kalel I think it is a very small group. I lived in manchester for four years and have never met a single united fan who wasn't 100% behind Liverpool when it comes to hillsborough.

    And 100% against when it comes to Suarez...
  • Commander-Keen 7 May 2013 13:36:39 808 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    More Liverpool woe

    FWIW I don't think Liverpool have been that bad about the recent Suarez thing. They could have been more punitive, but nowhere near the martyr-attitude of the racism thing.
    Yeah - that's really awful if even half of that article is true, and there's no reason to believe it's not all true. Horrendous treatment by the club of it's own community and local area. What is it they say? Charity starts at home?
  • Dougs 7 May 2013 13:47:10 67,825 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Benitez confirms Mourinho will be at CFC next season, and AVB seems to be getting a bit hot under the collar at something Chesney said last week (no idea what, I try to ignore such things, all a bit silly).
  • kalel 7 May 2013 13:51:36 87,775 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chesney often has something to say about Spurs.
  • Shikasama 7 May 2013 13:52:51 6,844 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't he say Tottenhams squad wasn't good enough for the Champion's League or something?

    Bit daring - I'd take Tottenhams XI over Arsenals
  • Page

    of 5488 First / Last

Log in or register to reply