of 5658 First / Last

• President_Weasel 24 Apr 2013 22:03:14 9,656 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Liverpool "shocked and disappointed"

Just go out with some dignity.
    Christ. What kind of moronic nutjobs do they have running that place?!
    It's a valid question. After the fallout from the idiotic T-shirt affair, you'd seriously have to think they'd have learned.

The forums are just the emptiest vessels making the loudest noise; it's a fan forum, an echo chamber of one self-reinforcing point of view. You can cherry pick idiocy from pretty much any fan forum; I'm willing to bet there's a page or two on the Newcastle forums about how that horse fucking started it and all police horses are cunts anyway.
    The whiny, always-the-victim-never-at-fault tone is fucking irritating, who was it a page or two ago who said "always offended never ashamed" but you do have to admit that, before they developed this persecution complex, they were actually persecuted - a bunch of them died and then there was a years-long orchestrated cover-up by the police to shift the blame onto the fans, and a smear campaign from the murdoch scum rags.

That said, the corollary to 'just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you' should be 'just because there was a conspiracy that one time, it doesn't mean everything is a fucking conspiracy against you'.

You're not allowed to bite people. Not in daily life, not in primary school or nursery, not at work, not in the boxing ring, and not on a fucking football pitch. It's against the rules.
    He'd already been banned in Holland for the exact same thing. Now he has a longer ban for doing it again - or a longer ban for biting someone the year after being banned for egregious racial abuse and then lying about it, if you prefer.

It's indefensible behaviour and instead of defending it, they should try to get him some help - the man's obviously got demons.

I still think Rivaldo is more of a cunt though.
  • President_Weasel 24 Apr 2013 22:13:53 9,656 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is that league games only, by the way? If they do Inter-toto or whatever, do those count? What about cups?
    4 league matches til the end of the season; assuming he's still there next year how many league matches does he actually miss?
  • Tom_Servo 24 Apr 2013 22:15:07 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He won't be playing again until October, I think.
  • SparkyMarky81 24 Apr 2013 22:24:15 567 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @President_Weasel

True that they were victims of some awful treatment in the wake of Hillsborough, but i can't recall the last time I saw a Liverpool player mention the Heysel victims.

Not a pleasant club at all.
  • faux-C 24 Apr 2013 23:19:02 9,636 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Is that league games only, by the way? If they do Inter-toto or whatever, do those count? What about cups?
    4 league matches til the end of the season; assuming he's still there next year how many league matches does he actually miss?
    If he stays and we don't make Europe, it'll be 4 this season then next season 4 league games and 2 league cup games (assuming we make it past the second round, which is where teams not playing in Europe enter).
  • El_MUERkO 24 Apr 2013 23:21:01 17,146 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Shikasama You'd probably get a year ban, your organisation would likely void your contract and you'd be fined your fight purse. And that's in a combat sport.
  • President_Weasel 24 Apr 2013 23:49:04 9,656 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    @President_Weasel

True that they were victims of some awful treatment in the wake of Hillsborough, but i can't recall the last time I saw a Liverpool player mention the Heysel victims.

Not a pleasant club at all.
    It's almost impressive the way the more vocally moronic fans and the tone-deaf club PR apparatus have combined to piss away any goodwill from the Hillsborough conspiracy revelations. Like they're idiot savants, with a genius-level ability to be dislikeable.

What the fuck, Liverpool PR employees? You have one job.

And that ban's not actually that bad. Your season's pretty much over anyway, you ought to be able to get through the cup matches without your star striker, and anything less than 4 actually important league matches would seem like a slap on the wrist.

Edited by President_Weasel at 23:51:39 24-04-2013
  • captbirdseye 25 Apr 2013 10:01:11 5,464 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's as if the club like being a laughing stock.

Reina says that there is hypocrisy and questioned the fairness of decisions.

Speaking on Spanish radio station COPE, Reina said:

“They treat Suárez differently, because he’s Uruguayan. He knows what he did is wrong, but 10 games is absurd, excessive and unfair.”

“Those [from the FA] who are making decisions lately are using Luis [Suárez] as a scapegoat.”

“Some get 4 games for racism and others 8. Where is the fairness?”

“Whoever knows Suárez knows he’s a great team-mate. He’s aggressive on the pitch, and that sometimes plays a dirty trick on him.”

Reina was asked about the media in England:

“In England many media are very, very, very, very, and I stress it, very hypocritical.”

Asked about the difference between the Suarez incident with Ivanovic, and Jermaine Defoe’s bite on Javier Mascherano in 2006, Reina said:

“They said it was a refereed incident. Anyway, they were other times, I guess… He was an English player, I guess.”

He was then asked whether he thought it was xenophobic:

“Xenophobia in England? (thinks) There’s hypocrisy, I don’t know if xenophobia. I’m very happy here. They’ve treated me very well.”

Liverpool will decide on Thursday whether to appeal the ban, something they have been advised against doing, after they receive the written reasons from The FA.
  • Fab4 25 Apr 2013 10:16:06 6,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Uruguayan must be Spanish for cunt.
  • nickthegun 25 Apr 2013 10:19:25 61,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It does make you want to shake people and say 'its not because hes uraguyan, its because hes a cunt'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• imamazed 25 Apr 2013 10:19:44 5,954 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "He was an english player, I guess"

RACIST

and a hypocrite, himself.

Edited by imamazed at 10:22:32 25-04-2013
  • IMO 25 Apr 2013 10:21:23 5,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Reina is spot on about the media though.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2013 10:22:50
    He's not wrong, there is a hypocrisy, but Suarez beings his issues upon himself.
  • Trane 25 Apr 2013 10:25:15 4,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I could count the amount of cuntish things Defoe has done on one finger. I'd need an abacus for Suarez.
  • nickthegun 25 Apr 2013 10:25:26 61,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is hypocrisy, but its largely because the footballing press are dickheads, rather than xenophobic.

They may not have made a lot out of Defoe, but they did virtually hound Joey Deacon out of the country last year. Him kicking off almost overshadowed one of the most amazing days in football history.

If it had been Deacon biting ivanovic on sunday you can bet they would have made as much, if not more of a song and dance about it.

• ecu 25 Apr 2013 12:27:03 77,312 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New United crest? Hmm...
  • captbirdseye 25 Apr 2013 12:36:09 5,464 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'll be playing in red nex....ahh, shit!... Or maybe the colour that represents happiness in the USA.
  • TheSaint 25 Apr 2013 12:36:40 14,827 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks better IMO.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2013 12:38:46
    Not much to say really, Very slight modernisation. It's fine.
  • nickthegun 25 Apr 2013 12:40:21 61,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a modernisation that also looks a bit retro. The old one is very much of the Sharp era, so it was due for a spruce up.

• ecu 25 Apr 2013 12:43:13 77,312 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite like it. Not sure if it's real though.
  • SolidSCB 25 Apr 2013 12:45:31 7,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sure I've seen this exact picture before a good year or so ago. All over my Facebook too, from sources I wouldn't trust with the steam off my shit.
  • Syrette 25 Apr 2013 13:34:04 44,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/8670477/Transfer-news-Danny-Rose-delays-talks-with-Sunderland-over-future

Rose has been impressed by Di Canio, who has overseen two wins out of his three matches in charge so far to leave them a point away from securing their Premier League status.
    Am I missing something here or is the Sky Sports journo not the best at maths? They're 6 points above Wigan who have 15 points left to play for compared to their 12.

• Deleted user 25 April 2013 13:43:08
    I think he means one more win rather than one more point.

I think we have plans for Rose anyway.
  • Syrette 25 Apr 2013 13:49:24 44,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I think he means one more win rather than one more point.

I think we have plans for Rose anyway.
    Still incorrect. If any of the clubs on 37 lose and Wigan beat your lot, there's 3 points between that club and Wigan (who have a game in hand against Swansea).

As for Rose - he's great, definitely wouldn't let him go anywhere else next season on loan. Some player he'll turn out to be. Pacey and strong defensively.

• Deleted user 25 April 2013 13:54:52
    Yeah but because Villa and Wigan still have to play each other, that fixture kind of cancels out one of the remaining fixtures. I think technically a team might need more than 40 but I reckon it's unlikely.

And yeah, Rose has come on a long way, and BAE has gone backwards a bit this season. We might still look to buy at LB but personally I'd rather have Rose and concentrate our cash where we can use it most.
  • Page

of 5658 First / Last