The all-new Premier League thread Page 3468

• Page

of 5251 First / Last

• Blaketown 22 Apr 2013 21:31:40 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This first title for Van Persie will be made all the more special thanks to the fact he nearly died earlier this season.

Poignant.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Humperfunk 22 Apr 2013 21:34:45 1,930 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Christ! Classic Kagawa calmness and class and then POW, horrific miss!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Menace 22 Apr 2013 21:35:14 5,737 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Villa play really nice football at times. I haven't seen them play all season, but even though they're 3-0 down they look like they shouldn't be in the position they're in. If that makes sense.

Oooh, so close from Kagawa!

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• Shikasama 22 Apr 2013 21:41:50 6,605 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    This first title for Van Persie will be made all the more special thanks to the fact he nearly died earlier this season.

Poignant.
    Brilliant
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Apr 2013 21:46:01 14,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:

Poignant.
    :-)
    Manc cunts, nicking Rvp off us. Another season with old cunt red nose winning, it got boring 15 odd years ago.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• SuperCoolEskimo 22 Apr 2013 21:47:41 9,717 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How fitting that all three Utd goals to seal the title tonight were offside ;P

Time to let the boys get drunk all week and play the kids on Sunday, Fergie.
  • superdelphinus 22 Apr 2013 21:51:04 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wankers
  • Ka-blamo 22 Apr 2013 21:56:08 7,288 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:

Whooopp!!! Fucking get in, totally deserved. Thank you RVP, He's a united player now, completely and properly. So pleased we have him.

Now for the summer, Buy Bale at any cost, Fergie manages one more season then retire(with winning the quadruple) and then get mourinho in...doneeee
  • mikew1985 22 Apr 2013 22:05:43 12,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Glol at Evra biting the fake arm
  • ascue 22 Apr 2013 22:06:47 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:

Whooopp!!! Fucking get in, totally deserved. Thank you RVP, He's a united player now, completely and properly. So pleased we have him.

Now for the summer, Buy Bale at any cost, Fergie manages one more season then retire(with winning the quadruple) and then get mourinho in...doneeee
    gLOL :D
  • Blaketown 22 Apr 2013 22:09:08 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Brap, brap, old chap.

• IMO 22 Apr 2013 22:10:26 5,580 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Prey for Suarez.
  • Blaketown 22 Apr 2013 22:16:33 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Impressive forethought for someone to sneak that into the ground and then wait for Evra to come nearby.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Trowel 22 Apr 2013 22:27:54 17,430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    :D

http://i.minus.com/iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif
  • mcmonkeyplc 22 Apr 2013 22:36:04 39,384 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ageroooofuckoffyoucunt.

Demon exercised.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• IMO 22 Apr 2013 22:37:35 5,580 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

Demon exercised.

Lucifer fancied a workout did he?
  • bladdard 22 Apr 2013 22:40:46 899 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Ageroooofuckoffyoucunt.

Demon exercised.

Couldn't have put it better.
  • danathjo 22 Apr 2013 22:40:47 7,223 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meanwhile this poor bloke is getting quite a following :D
    https://twitter.com/rvp
  • Syrette 22 Apr 2013 22:40:56 43,063 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :lol:

• Tom_Servo 22 Apr 2013 22:52:27 17,322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Robin van Persie has become the 29th player to leave Arsenal and win a trophy since Arsenal last won something. Now there's a stat (if it's true. Seems awfully high to me).
  • Syrette 22 Apr 2013 22:54:10 43,063 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Guard of honour on Sunday then?

• FWB 22 Apr 2013 23:14:47 43,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hope united can hit that point mark. Having Chelsea hold it is pretty awful for football.
  • Dougs 22 Apr 2013 23:28:08 66,661 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Robin van Persie has become the 29th player to leave Arsenal and win a trophy since Arsenal last won something. Now there's a stat (if it's true. Seems awfully high to me).

If you include players winning the Johnstone Paints trophy etc, it probably is. Pretty sure this has come up before.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 23 Apr 2013 01:26:47 9,717 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Guard of honour on Sunday then?
    Yes I'd hope so. Utd gave us one in 1991 and I see no reason why we won't do it on Sunday.
  • ecureuil 23 Apr 2013 03:52:29 76,496 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even Fergie was singing the Carrick song. Awesome.
  • ecureuil 23 Apr 2013 04:12:06 76,496 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Blaketown 23 Apr 2013 07:03:18 4,636 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Hope united can hit that point mark. Having Chelsea hold it is pretty awful for football.
    Never going to happen. It'll be cruise control from here unfortunately. Luckily for Arsenal.

To get a record points total you need a great team chasing you.  See Real last season.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• The-Bodybuilder 23 Apr 2013 07:29:20 14,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm just gonna c&p my post from the arsenal group on RvP.

I think the issue is that we're trying to make RvP the enemy here. The only 2 options are; we lacked ambition (not about building a stadium, but the argument about if we've used all of our means) or that we are a victim of circumstances (our financial inhibition mixed with our star player who's desires to win a title for himself conflicted with our own situation).

The truth is the latter, but we're out to demonise him instead. Yes he made us have to sell him, but that's not the deeper issue. Fact is, if he approached Wenger & Co and wanted us to sign top players, it means his primary option was to stay with US plus have top players to win the league. When it was clear that wasn't the case, his only option was to leave (because if we forced him to stay, he too would've missed on a great opportunity as United or City would've got someone else).

As for why United? Isn't it obvious? The only other manager to admire other than Wenger is SAF, plus with a guarantee of a title whilst still being the main man.

The actual truth was what I said before; it was the honest desires of a player who was reaching his final contract days and wanted to use it fighting and winning titles versus a club who could say we simply weren't in a financial position to do that, and so went to the only other club where he admired the manager (who would you rather work with; Fergie or Mancini?) and could fulfill that. It really is that simple.

Making him out to be this "Judas C*nt" is just typical football tribalism. For all the talk of going to "the enemy" the truth is United haven't been our enemies for some time now, and we haven't even been worthy to challenge them. The fact that Wenger himself is on great terms with SAF along with our Chief Exec who regularly has meetings with their Chief Exec shows this enemy attitude is only at the minds of the fans. No one else in the club, not the manager, not the board and not even the players see them as enemies.

In short, we need to just get over it. Circumstances (at best, though the argument for using all of our means could be argued) was our enemy, we are just collateral damage. But don't make RvP to be the demon he's made out to be. There simply was no way he could "leave quietly" to United. No way.
  • Trowel 23 Apr 2013 07:30:32 17,430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Never going to happen. It'll be cruise control from here unfortunately. Luckily for Arsenal.

To get a record points total you need a great team chasing you.  See Real last season.
    Yet when Chelsea got their record points tally they won the league by 12 points.
  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Apr 2013 07:30:42 14,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    and

So why is RvP being made out to be a Judas Traitor? It's quite simple that this is our current situation, so what choice did he have? He wants title, we can't financially fight for it (though that's debatable) so he wants to leave to United, but the club don't want to let him, so he forces their hand (sadly).

So why are guys like arseblog so persistent in calling him a Judas C*nt whilst at the same time acknowledging the situation we're in?

All this "if only he left quietly" bobbin.
    1. Going to United, no matter how quiet he was, would've led to people hating him.
    2. The club didn't really give him much of a choice. Didn't want to/couldn't buy world class players, yet wanted to force their only WC player to stay for another year and miss out in possibly his final opportunity to go to a winning club.

This whole "It's either the club lack ambition" or "Van Persie is a Judas C*nt" is ridiculous. Chances are it's either both or neither.

We should respect him for what he did for us, for what he's now achieved at a better club, and yet still support our club. It's not one or the other.

I'm not gonna pretend I hate him anymore just because every other gooner-with-a-blog (arseblog) is doing it. I still like RvP, and I understand why, just as I understand why we couldn't afford all the WC players he wanted at the time.

I'm happy for him.
  • Page

of 5251 First / Last