The all-new Premier League thread Page 3346

  • Page

    of 5619 First / Last

  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 18:17:35 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Just seen the challenge from the Wigan game, that really was fucking disgusting. Hope he gets a long ban. Stuff like that is far worse than Joey Barton trying to act the hard man and pushing his head against people which he got 12 games for.
    Would like to see the officials punished as well for missing incidents such as that tbh. A view I've had for a while now. They get a lot of stick they don't deserve but I can't believe neither Halsey or his assistant saw so little of that incident that they didn't even deem it worthy of a free-kick.

  • THFourteen 17 Mar 2013 18:19:13 34,246 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    We played 120 mins in Italy on Thursday and it showed today. Not good as we have harder games to come, but it's a little too early to start writing off the season yet.
    Hehehehehhe.
  • teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 18:23:52 3,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair second half we dominated, but as usual these days we don't turn our domination into clear cut chances. We miss the creativity of Ben Arfa.

    Really hard to take this one today. It's harder to take this than it was the 0-4 last season.

    I think in all honesty we should just forget the Europa League now. Play reserves and concentrate on staying up. We have eight games left and in that we have games against Man City, Liverpool, Sunderland, Arsenal. And a trip away to QPR on the penultimate day which our boys will not be up for.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • Deleted user 17 March 2013 18:28:42
    THFourteen wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    We played 120 mins in Italy on Thursday and it showed today. Not good as we have harder games to come, but it's a little too early to start writing off the season yet.
    Hehehehehhe.
    Little to early for that too.
  • teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 18:29:55 3,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Martinez has come out and said that he hasn't seen the second goal but that if it was a handball then he would be "delighted". He also justified the tackle by saying it was the lad's first game in the Premier League, contact was inevitable and he "won" the ball.

    Oh and don't forget "he's not that sort of boy".

    Fucking great example you are setting there Mr Martinez.

    Edited by teamHAM at 18:31:12 17-03-2013

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • Steve_Perry 17 Mar 2013 18:31:04 5,000 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Just seen the challenge from the Wigan game, that really was fucking disgusting. Hope he gets a long ban. Stuff like that is far worse than Joey Barton trying to act the hard man and pushing his head against people which he got 12 games for.
    Would like to see the officials punished as well for missing incidents such as that tbh. A view I've had for a while now. They get a lot of stick they don't deserve but I can't believe neither Halsey or his assistant saw so little of that incident that they didn't even deem it worthy of a free-kick.
    Just YouTube'd that after reading this. Christ. That could have been a career ender. High, followed through, and the cunt handballed about two seconds later.

    Should get a couple of games in the stands for that even if he wasn't sent off (I assume he wasn't by the video I saw).

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 18:36:35 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    So Martinez has come out and said that he hasn't seen the second goal but that if it was a handball then he would be "delighted". He also justified the tackle by saying it was the lad's first game in the Premier League, contact was inevitable and he "won" the ball.

    Oh and don't forget "he's not that sort of boy".

    Fucking great example you are setting there Mr Martinez.
    You're joking?

  • CharlieStCloud 17 Mar 2013 18:45:00 5,375 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Urgh.

    Just seen it.

    : (
  • Sid-Nice 17 Mar 2013 18:51:37 15,851 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If there is any club (other than fucking Sunderland) I'd like to see go down; is Wigan, Martinez is an utter cock and Mark Halsey should never work again.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 18:54:15 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Regardless of other incidents, if we don't start playing better we'll be right back in the scrap too. Thought we were very poor today, movement in the final third is shocking, we create nowhere near enough chances for the quality of forward we've got.

    Look clueless going forward, could do with an attacking coach. Or a better manager than Pardew.

  • teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 18:55:35 3,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrette

    Unfortunately I'm not joking. I wish I was.

    Also, judging by what was said earlier on in the season, Pardew chooses to focus mainly on defence, and not getting beaten. He leaves the attacking side of things to John Carver. Supposedly anyway.

    Edited by teamHAM at 18:57:07 17-03-2013

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 19:00:35 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Then replace John Carver. It's just not good enough. We rely too much on Cisse/Cabaye/Sissoko/Ben Arfa doing something special.

    Not enough 'simple' goals. Nowhere near enough scored from free-kicks and corners.

    We're too cautious and we give the ball away too much.

  • ecu 17 Mar 2013 19:01:19 77,234 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Another Odemwingie twitter meltdown.
  • reddevil93 17 Mar 2013 19:02:21 11,955 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    @Syrette

    Unfortunately I'm not joking. I wish I was.

    Also, judging by what was said earlier on in the season, Pardew chooses to focus mainly on defence, and not getting beaten. He leaves the attacking side of things to John Carver. Supposedly anyway.
    Said he was showin the enthusiasm you expect of a player making their full PL debut. What a fucking twat Martinez is. Own up and say it was a horrible challenge.

  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 19:05:52 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A normal team will never let a player who acted like I did come back.
    I tried to leave quietly didn't work


    What an utter embarrassment of a man. His agents clearly don't care about him but surely his family could intervene?

  • morriss 17 Mar 2013 19:38:40 71,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWIW, I'm not writing the season off, but it's ominous, is all. Swansea away and Everton at home - 6 points of GTFO. :)
  • THFourteen 17 Mar 2013 20:02:56 34,246 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    We played 120 mins in Italy on Thursday and it showed today. Not good as we have harder games to come, but it's a little too early to start writing off the season yet.
    Hehehehehhe.
    Little to early for that too.
    I'm not laughing because I think we will beat you. I'm laughing because its like you say, a self fulfilling prophecy.

    The groaning and boos at the lane today, morriss's posts... its like you guys have given up already, you are almost causing your own downfall
  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 20:20:44 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spurs are a massive club as is.

    edit; no longer in Arsenal's shadow either

    Edited by Syrette at 20:21:15 17-03-2013

  • speedofthepuma 17 Mar 2013 20:23:41 13,310 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That tackle is awful, surely he'll be retro-punished for that.

    Also, I cannot see a way where morriss' posts can affect how the team plays, so fail to see how it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

    I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

  • puddleduck 17 Mar 2013 20:23:54 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I said to my brother earlier, with Spurs it's like we aim for the stars, then just as we get near, we realise we're scared of heights.
  • THFourteen 17 Mar 2013 20:28:22 34,246 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Spurs are a massive club as is.

    edit; no longer in Arsenal's shadow either
    Our pile of cash casts a massive fucking shadow i'll have you know
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Mar 2013 20:29:01 17,293 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think AVB is right to push for the Europa league, champions league is very important but winning the Europa League is a good spring board for his side as European experience is very important and it's pretty clear that he's building the squad for the future. I think CL is important but not as important as progressing as a club and winning things is the only way to progress. Writing off the Europa League because the cup itself is crap is not really great as the progress made from winning a competition with some of the teams that have been in it is no small task.

    Regarding Villa, I missed the match and as was said by jono, I'm kind of glad I didn't watch it as we had another dicey last ten minutes with lots of defending and I'm not sure I can take it! Great win and very important as even if we lose the next two games and Wigan catch up in their games we'll only drop in because of goal difference. So things are quite positive.

    Also, Harry was a cock in the match of the day interview, granted it might have all been out of context but to not credit Guzan with excellent saves and saying they should have been 4 goals up is disingenuous.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Deleted user 17 March 2013 20:29:44
    People forget that we actually got 4th place last year. We fucked up not getting 3rd, but we were ridiculously unlucky not getting CL.

    We're in a totally different class these days to where we used to be.
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Mar 2013 20:32:38 17,293 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's all true too. There's a better structure and potential for the future. I also think that some of the bigger players will be convinced to stay regardless as it's clearly building towards something. Also, Bale seems to really like AVB, which might be important.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • El_MUERkO 17 Mar 2013 20:35:03 17,126 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    West Ham 6 point from relegation, just a few more losses and I'll be a happier football fan.
  • Deleted user 17 March 2013 20:57:11
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    That's all true too. There's a better structure and potential for the future. I also think that some of the bigger players will be convinced to stay regardless as it's clearly building towards something. Also, Bale seems to really like AVB, which might be important.
    Named his daughter after him.
  • puddleduck 17 Mar 2013 21:03:40 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm more confident than I've been in a long time that Bale will stay another year at least... but if we implode over the remaining fixtures and miss out on both Europa League trophy and Champions League place there's no way he'll stay.

    It's just so depressing that buying pretty much any striker in the known footballing world would probably have offered us more than our current pair.
  • Syrette 17 Mar 2013 21:38:05 44,094 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thought Spurs would miss Van der Vaart more than they have tbh.

  • Page

    of 5619 First / Last

Log in or register to reply