Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• Mr-Brett 2 Aug 2012 22:42:27 12,793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd seen the option to invert X on some games before but assumed there wasn't anyone that actually wanted to do that, inverting Y is pretty backwards but inverting X is quite bizarre.

Thought about getting the PC version though? that way you may be able modify it to crazy-man mode :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Deleted user 2 August 2012 22:45:20
    /bites

What do you mean inverting Y is backwards?
  • Mr-Brett 2 Aug 2012 23:39:35 12,793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

Well it's inverted from normal, therefore is abnormal. I guess it's only backwards if normal is forwards so I apologise to any inverters out there, you're not backward (necessarily), you're just abnormal or:
    Synonyms:
    aberrant, anomalistic, anomalous, atypical, bizarre, curious, deviant, deviate, deviating, divergent, eccentric, exceptional, extraordinary, fantastic, funny, grody, gross, heteroclite, heterodox, heteromorphic, irregular, odd, off-base, off-color, out of line, peculiar, preternatural, queer, screwy, spastic, strange, uncommon, unexpected, unnatural, unorthodox, unusual, weird
    So not all bad but err... not all great either ;)

• FanBoysSuck 6 Aug 2012 11:39:34 1,482 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's the chances of steam sticking to the listed release date of the 21st of August? I've got this pre-ordered at shopto for 5 less than steam but I don't mind paying the extra if I get to play early and get the G1 skin.

Sorry if it's a daft question, I've never pre-ordered over steam before, I usually just use it for the sales.

For the emperor!

• Anthony_UK 14 Aug 2012 00:21:49 2,494 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The multiplayer really disappointed me too. For me I found it to be a laggy mess with the weapons balancing all over the place between the classes.

Such a shame, the single player was great from the brief demo levels that were on offer
  • SFD 14 Aug 2012 00:58:10 493 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Even though I really want this game I've decided to cancel my pre order and pray that it comes on rental (Got both Blockbuster and LoveFilm running at the moment due to 3 for 1 month promotion deals) as I'll probably be hooked on Darksiders II and with a new PC build coming when I get paid......

The weapon balance was pretty messed up on the WFC beta/demo but fine on release. So I'd expect it to be pretty much spot on when it's released.
  • theguy 14 Aug 2012 18:37:02 653 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I liked the multiplayer, used the scientist class mostly and fully levelled him up. Wouldn't pick it up on release though but likely would down the line. I wasn't too fond with the single player actually, usually i rarely play multiplayer and is it just me, or do the graphics seem a bit off/ worse than WFC in singleplayer?
  • FanBoysSuck 14 Aug 2012 18:47:05 1,482 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The multiplayers a good laugh but much like the first game the matchmaking isn't great. Hopefully getting the pc version will improve the online, I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm still hoping it will unlock on the 21st, the date on the store page hasn't changed.

Oh and for the love of god get the steam version over the GAME one, same bonuses but a fiver less. That and you're not giving cunts money.

For the emperor!

• Mr-Brett 21 Aug 2012 10:00:03 12,793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is pre-loadable now for those that have pre-purchased on Steam.

• kentmonkey 24 Aug 2012 20:58:40 20,683 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thread has been grimlocked. Thanks for taking part.
  • MatMan562 24 Aug 2012 22:21:52 2,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I found out the other day that they dropped co-op in the campaign. Does anybody know why? A mate and I had fun playing through WfC together and we were both looking forward to doing the same with this.

I definately wonr be picking it up until it's cheaper and my mate might not get it at all because of this.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• GloatingSwine 25 Aug 2012 03:50:34 2,668 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    I found out the other day that they dropped co-op in the campaign. Does anybody know why? A mate and I had fun playing through WfC together and we were both looking forward to doing the same with this.

I definately wonr be picking it up until it's cheaper and my mate might not get it at all because of this.
    They said they were dropping it so they could do "the awesome story". Except there's totally hardly any of the game that wouldn't be totally fine in coops (when you're being Bruticus or Grimlock a second player might feel a bit left out what with you smashing all the fools).

I reckon they just thought it was a bit too much effort to balance..

Anyway, I've gotten up to the last level, playing on Hard, and it's frequently more frustrating bullshit than actually hard, so many things will basically murder you instantly whilst sponging up masses of bullets themselves (shotgunners, particularly, can fuck right off).

Until you get to be Megatron with the upgrades for the Riot Cannon and vehicle weapons, in which case you'll ruin people's shit all day every day and feel like the unstoppable engine of destruction you should have been from the start.

And then you get to be Grimlock and ruin even more people in the face. And you'll be thinking "man, the next one of these needs to be called "Transformers: Megatron and Grimlock fuck everyone up forever"
  • MatMan562 25 Aug 2012 12:16:43 2,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GloatingSwine Ah, ok, thanks for that! I thought it would be something along those lines. A bit of a shame but nevermind, my wallet is thankful.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• L_Franko Moderator 28 Aug 2012 11:13:27 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Told myself I wouldn't buy this for a bit as I have things to finish off that I've already started but I'm getting weaker by the day so I may end up with a copy before the day is out.

Thread seems rather quiet, many people still playing?
  • SFD 28 Aug 2012 12:01:27 493 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've played the first 3 chapters. Excellent.

Online is full of lag. I don't think there's any problems with the majority of the weapons. You just need to level them up before they become effective.

Had quite a few games online last night and none of them were lag free. That's in a room with mostly UK players too.
  • FanBoysSuck 28 Aug 2012 12:09:28 1,482 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've done the single player and had a few online matches. It's a really good MP but the lag is kinda killing it for me. There seems to be bugger all people playing it on PC as well which doesn't help :(

There's a few strange bugs as well such as certain menu's only working with the mouse even with controller input set to pad. I hope for a patch but I'm not holding my breath.

For the emperor!

• Innes 28 Aug 2012 12:23:19 117 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Epic ending. Dinobots was epic. They nailed every character.
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Sep 2012 11:12:40 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Put some time into the MP over the weekend and really enjoyed it but I think that might be beacuse I didn't play mp in War for Cybertron.

Mostly all the games I played were smooth but every now and then one game might lag out and last night I had to restart the game because a weird loud sound started to kick in once I got into a game but easily sorted.

I can't see it dominating my gaming time for long but I am looking forward to getting some more shooty action in on this over the next few weeks.
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Sep 2012 13:09:53 3,300 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @L_Franko

Whats the popularity like?, i really enjoyed WFC, the single-player was epic but the multiplayer was brilliantly done - i really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Activision, i've only seen this for 45 in the shops so far. As soon as it drops to 30ish, ill bite.

Just hope people are still playing the MP then......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• L_Franko Moderator 3 Sep 2012 13:30:12 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well all the games I played that started with only a few players soon filled up when the games started and I had no trouble getting into a session. Mainly plyed TDM but the other game types were also well populated. All games serached for were also regional not global.
  • FanBoysSuck 3 Sep 2012 14:07:06 1,482 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are you guys who are getting good MP matches on PC or console? I tried to play some matches the other night and it's still a bit dead PC wise. Am I playing the wrong game type or something?

For the emperor!

• L_Franko Moderator 3 Sep 2012 14:37:31 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm on 360.
  • Adamical 13 Oct 2012 13:19:13 314 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just rented this. The game is superb.

The ending to the Cliffjumper and Jazz section was epic.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2014 04:17:30 14,669 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi chaps
    Anyone picked this up for 6 on the Acti sale (360) Never played a Transformers game before and have to say after 3 chapters very impressed. Great fun, good story, gunplay spot on.
    I also tried the mp (deathmatch+Horde) again seemed a lot of fun. A good few people on as well, due maybe to the afore mentioned sale.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Doomspoon 7 Sep 2014 10:36:29 2,468 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I've been tempted by it in the sale but trying to cut back on my 360 and PS3 purchases due to backlogs. Reading that it seems quite good fun isn't helping ;)
  • kentmonkey 7 Sep 2014 11:17:10 20,683 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How does this compare to the previous one for anyone that's played that?

Loved the PS2 Transformers gamr but thought the previous (was it War of Cybertron or something like that) was a gears of war corridor shooter inspired mess of a game, with no soul at all.
  • kentmonkey 7 Sep 2014 11:22:33 20,683 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Single player only interested in I should add, no Gold for me.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2014 11:28:35 14,669 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 I've been tempted by it in the sale but trying to cut back on my 360 and PS3 purchases due to backlogs. Reading that it seems quite good fun isn't helping ;)
    I'm on chapter 6 now and really enjoying. It is a 3rd person shooter when all said and done, but rather a smart one at that. Don't think you are going to go far wrong for 6. I totally understand trying to cut down/back, same for me, although I have bought 4 games this week!

@kent
    Hi mate not played the previous game but everybody seems to state this is a massive improvement on it. Re Gears comparisons I do see these and it even has a Horde mode...I may have mentioned I like a bit of Gears, so no problem for me.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• kentmonkey 7 Sep 2014 11:47:57 20,683 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I don't mind gears either, just thought the first one felt like a cheap copy and paste job where I never felt like I was a big robot versus just a standard military grunt.

Gonna give the demo a go.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last