Darksiders 2 Page 13

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• mad_caddy 8 Oct 2012 15:20:13 3,306 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Youthist I've been playing it over HDMI and Component and in both instances have no problems at all. not like their massive TVs either, just 22/23 inch things.
  • mikew1985 8 Oct 2012 15:21:02 12,798 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was fine on PC but then I was sitting about 4 feet from the screen.

For some reason im remembering all the text being quite large, is it the menu text you're referring to?
  • Youthist 8 Oct 2012 15:22:17 10,021 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That is crazy - it is verging on unreadable! - I wonder why I am getting issues. The text explaining a skill upgrade, or the description of the stats on a new bit of armour = impossible

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• mikew1985 8 Oct 2012 15:31:01 12,798 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh well now that you mention it, the text eplaining the detailed stats of each weapon are quite small when i think about it, perfectly readable on my screen but if playing on a small screen they might be herd to see.

What size TV are you playing on?
  • Machetazo 8 Oct 2012 15:50:48 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I found earth an incredible bore and overall the game isn't a patch on the first one.

That level's samey, that's true. I guess the main thing I like with the design of this game is that it's open. When I first arrive at an area, I don't know where to go, but sometimes there are key, prominent features to guide. But, still, you're completely free to go wander wherever - and, you may find that the level presents an obstacle to where you can't push on that way, but you can give it a try though it's not a linear thing. You sometimes see they've set a chest mid-way along, but you can see further more rewards that you just can't reach yet! Then, you try to use all the tools at your disposal to find and follow those paths.

Contrary to your view, I am finding that the longer time in development has resulted in a fuller game. There's a great cohesion between all the A/V elements, narrative's improved, the combat is usually satisfying - NO block, this time! :-P I like that there are immediate differences between the styles of War and Death.
    I don't know about loss of focus by the developer.
    I think they just set out to make a different game.
  • mikew1985 8 Oct 2012 16:02:13 12,798 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes I actually follow the logic and all are admirable things to do. In fact all the changes should have ticked all the boxes to help me enjoy the game even more but it just didn't quite come together.

I feel like there were less puzzle elements and while controlling Death is different than war, traversal is certainly a lot more fluid and fun, I don't feel enough changed to make him feel totally different and I also don't think they quite nailed the combat.

I'm all for loot adn i actually thought it was an ok first try from Vigil but the actual combat just didn't feel as good for me.

It's too similar to War without the meaty satisfaction and a looser feel to the controls.

Like I said I really admire all of Vigils ambition with this game, I just think they didn't quite nail it whereas I feel they nailed everything in the first one.

I look forward to Darksiders 3, hopefully the actually progress the story from the original and we see what happens after the end of both games.
  • WarwickFiddlesticks 11 Oct 2012 08:06:16 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anybody know when the next DLC package will arrive?
  • Wayne 20 Oct 2012 15:44:28 2,144 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished this. It seemed to end very abruptly and the last two bosses, Samael & Corruption were piss easy.
    Quite a few achievements to mop up. Is there anyone here I could send a gift to?
  • Wayne 20 Oct 2012 15:50:53 2,144 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also... no achievements for Argul's Tomb?
  • Gunzberg 20 Oct 2012 17:57:20 1,738 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing on PC and would love to send a gift to someone for the achievement or vice versa.

THQ username is either Gunzberg or Maverick135 I tend to forget.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• waggy79 20 Oct 2012 18:43:12 999 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've added you Gunzberg, not played it much yet though. Steam id same as username.
  • Machetazo 24 Oct 2012 19:29:35 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WarwickFiddlesticks wrote:
    Does anybody know when the next DLC package will arrive?
    Abyssal Forge, available from next week.
  • Youthist 4 Dec 2012 11:30:39 10,021 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this yesterday (barring DLC). 50 hours. Pretty decent. Cash pointless. Weapon drops and chests with weapons in are fairly pointless. Some great puzzles in the dungeons. Rushed at the end / small final dungeon was disappointing.

Did this sell very well?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Murbal 4 Dec 2012 11:46:37 22,274 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm about 8-10 hours in and am slowly losing the will to continue. There's nothing particularly wrong with it - puzzles harken back to Tomb Raider and the combat is satisfying but something about it is failing to pull me in.

Still, Amazon trade in will give me more than I paid for it so that's a consideration...
  • Youthist 4 Dec 2012 11:49:15 10,021 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really got into it once you start to get into the second realm. Lots to do and a cerebral enough challenge in some of the larger dungeons. Some are absolutely huge.

• Murbal 4 Dec 2012 16:00:05 22,274 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm... Off to fight the Guardian so may see what happens after before I make my mind up.
  • Murbal 3 Jan 2013 13:48:42 22,274 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still a chore this. I'm in the City of the Dead - worth persevering?
  • kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 14:01:40 10,357 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not really. You'll finally be out of that dull grey-green area soon, but then have to do one of the worst parts of the game right after.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Triggerhappytel 24 Mar 2013 00:24:11 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought this for 8 from PSN a few weeks back, and just started playing it last night. Done probably two hours so far, and I'm really enjoying it. It feels a lot more fluid than the first game; really reminds me of Soul Reaver crossed with Prince of Persia. Also has addressed perhaps my main issue with the first game, in that environments feel a lot more organic and interesting in this one. I didn't like how in the original most of the time was spent in ruined streets or urban environments, and this one is a lot more scenic and attractive so far. Anyway, very impressed with it; was exactly the kind of game I was looking for, ie Zelda with a bit more depth.

Out of interest, is it worth my while fighting all enemies to try and level up as quickly as possible, or should I just let the game do its thing naturally?
  • Triggerhappytel 24 Mar 2013 10:15:03 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Anyone know where I can find Gorewood? Game points me to Weeping Crag but then that's it.
    He's in the depths of that dungeon. IIRC you need the soul splitter ability to get to him.
    No soul-splitter required. It's a pretty small and simple dungeon. There's lots of loot to be found though if you have the Deathgrip, a page at the end of a wall run above the water you dive into, and something (can't remember what) that requires the Voidwalker.
    I found Gorewood on my travels this morning, and he totally kicked my arse. I'm not very high level yet; maybe 4. Any particular knack to beating him, or is it just hammering him, evade constantly and heal as often as I need to?
  • MatMan562 24 Mar 2013 13:03:46 2,475 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel I'd just fight the monsters as they get in your way but there's no point when you can kill them in one or two hits. As for Gorewood, I think it's meant for higher levelled characters, I had to level up quite a few times after my first try to be able to kill it.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Triggerhappytel 26 Mar 2013 00:49:39 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MatMan562
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try to tackle Gorewood again a bit later; will level up some more first. Anyway, I'm on I think the fourth dungeon and really enjoying this so far. The art style is toned down since the first game - for the better, in my opinion - and in terms of the balance between exploration, puzzling and combat, it really does feel like Zelda or Soul Reaver. Great stuff so far, and it's a shame the series probably won't continue. Even if it did, I think the bulk of the development team now work for Crytek on shitty F2P games. What a waste.
  • AlexW-29 26 Mar 2013 01:40:11 5 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Guys - As I'm a PS+ subscriber, should I be worried about Darksiders 2 being part of the IGC?

In other words - Is it safe to buy DS2 without it being on PS+ soon?
  • Stuz359 26 Mar 2013 08:39:27 16 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No game is safe from the IGC *sinister laugh*

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it, the price is really good on PSN now, may as well just buy it and you are definitely safe for at least one more month.
  • Triggerhappytel 27 Mar 2013 00:36:31 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AlexW-29
    Bearing in mind that 8 for the game is really good value, if you're going to buy it and play it straight away I wouldn't hesitate for that price. However, if you're just buying it because it's cheap then there's no need to rush, as the price drop appears to be permanent, so you can always hang on until you have the time or inclination to give it your full attention.

Speaking of which, is the game and DLC still showing on the store for everyone? I was thinking about picking up some of the DLC tombs/levels, but they are no longer showing on PSN as of about a week ago.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 Mar 2013 01:19:27 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still playing this, done about 8 hours now. Just defeated the giant corrupted golem out in the main field. I really am enjoying it so much, I just want to tell folks about it.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Apr 2013 19:47:44 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Okay, I've just got to earth, met Uriel and done a pretty weak third person shooter section. My question is, roughly how far from the end am I? I am enjoying it, but after 18 odd hours now I'd like it to start winding down soon.
  • Triggerhappytel 6 Apr 2013 22:59:44 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ugh, the final ability you unlock is the sodding portals again? I thought they were the weakest part of the first game's repertoire!
  • Triggerhappytel 6 Apr 2013 23:58:15 2,695 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like the idea of loot, money and levelling up; I think it adds necessary depth. However, DS2 gets the first two things wrong because it's way too generous. At the moment I've got almost 200,000 gold and pretty much nothing to buy, as I've bought all combat upgrades and it doesn't seem worthwhile buying new weapons when about every tenth dead enemy drops me a new scythe or sub weapon. Speaking of which, I don't mind getting different support weapons for Death, like choosing an axe or hammer, etc, but it seems a bit weird not having a standard set of scythes. Seeing as they're the character's defining weapon, he should have a consistent, named pair of scythes which don't change. Maybe you could upgrade them or apply different modifiers to them if Vigil was determined to go down that road.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last