Snakehips76 wrote:
    To be fair DMC was a bit dull though

Ill pretend i never read that
  • Deleted user 16 October 2010 19:36:31
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Snakehips76 wrote:

you do that but make sure you quote the rest of my post before a stealthy edit next time :p
  • Deleted user 16 October 2010 19:41:37
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Snakehips76 wrote:

you do that but make sure you quote the rest of my post before a stealthy edit next time :p

But that part was total blasphemy, the remainder of your post did not absolve you ;)
  • Deleted user 16 October 2010 19:54:44
    I am heathen, sue me :p
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 06:18:00
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    To be fair DMC was a bit dull though - I'd rank it ahead of Shadow Hearts though personally (and probably MGS2 - the orange years)

Hehe, 'cos there is a lot of orange, YAAAAY!
    But to be fair, yes CVG's list aint great but at least they got the Metal Gear Solids in the right order. 2 better then 3!? Are you lot mad!?
    But Eurogamers have now made it essential for me to buy that Ico collection as I missed them the first time!

And Shadow Hearts, seriously? One of the greatest PS2 games of all time...!?
  • PenguinJim 17 Oct 2010 06:31:57 5,476 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pshaw, Shadow Hearts didn't even make it into the Top Ten! :p Did it even get a single vote?
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 06:51:47
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Pshaw, Shadow Hearts didn't even make it into the Top Ten! :p Did it even get a single vote?

Of course I'm talking about Covenant, which was apparently Eurogamers 7th best game and joint 10th overall! It didn't get any votes from CVG...although that isn't a bad thing imo. Although you would disagree as you voted it as the single best game the PS2 had to offer...horses for courses and all that I suppose! :D

So do you wanna share why you liked the game SO much?
  • PenguinJim 17 Oct 2010 08:23:54 5,476 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it matters more which game Snakehips was talking about. :p In another EG thread this week, a couple of people were talking about Shadow Hearts being better than Covenant.

I like Covenant because it's laugh-out-loud funny.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 09:15:18
    oh the first Shadow Hearts, no not one person voted for it from either site. I have that game in a drawer in my house somewhere...
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 13:20:10
    It would appear there has been some kind of mistake. God Hand is missing from the top spot, we must suspend democracy until people are capable of making the right choice.

rickalish wrote:
    He could've/should've been equal to Tidus from FFIX imo.

...I see what you did there.
  • Futaba 17 Oct 2010 13:31:59 3,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Despite the second game having better graphics, I preferred Shadow Hearts 1.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• King_Edward 17 Oct 2010 15:38:12 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's because it was a better game. :) Neither would get near my top 10 though. Great games, but there was a lot better imo.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 17:43:16
    2 people on CVG said "Simpsons Hit & Run" was a good shout out, I never played it so can anyone vouch for this?

Was it the one that was like "Crazy Taxi"?
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 18:10:28
    @slickloose

Have you done an N64 vote yet?
  • Deleted user 17 October 2010 18:12:10
    Grannys Garden
    Nokia Snake
    Shove 'appeny
  • HittenMitsurugi 17 Oct 2010 18:12:56 204 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    slickloose wrote:
    2 people on CVG said "Simpsons Hit & Run" was a good shout out, I never played it so can anyone vouch for this?

Was it the one that was like "Crazy Taxi"?
    Indeed it was. At college a girl I liked had this so completed it so had something to discuss. Actually a fairly decent GTA rip off. If it had of had non car/ taxi missions and a better story could have been a classic.
  • trip919 17 Oct 2010 23:07:55 2,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GTA 3 is the best game. Close this thread now.
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Oct 2010 23:13:15 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    trip919 wrote:

There are clearly a lot of PS2 games you did not play.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2010 08:21:06
    @- TearYouAsunder , no...not yet ;)
    @ - PazJohnMitch, well said!
    @ - HittenMitsurugi , REALLY!? A simpsons game that's...good!?
  • redcrayon 18 Oct 2010 09:59:05 4,538 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    rickalish wrote:
    stalinsmash wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    I'm glad to see FFXII isn't half as hated as I thought it was. Fookin' excellent game.

I would like it if it wasn't called Final Fantasy.

If the combat wasn't so crap and the story focused more around Vaan, I'd be happier with it. It just wasn't emo enough for me. :)

I loved FFXII, far better game than X and XIII IMO. I think the problem was that the viewpoint character for the first 3 hours is Vaan, after which it shifts to Ashe and Basch for the rest of the game. Vaan and company have no real reason to follow them around, but you're stuck with an attachment to Vaan having started the story with him. You're torn between the emo kid sulking in the background looking ever more childish compared to the knight and the princess, both of whom have a more engaging story from the start.

• chrisno21 18 Oct 2010 16:23:57 1,352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I forgot to put Dark Chronicle in there, was probably my second favourite game on the system...

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 18 October 2010 17:39:08
    I can't believe I was the only one to vote for Deus Ex, thought it was just so unique...especially on the PS2!
  • Deleted user 18 October 2010 18:31:20
    slickloose wrote:
    I can't believe I was the only one to vote for Deus Ex, thought it was just so unique...especially on the PS2!

I'm guessing that people are avoidng ports and multi platform games that were gimped on PS2, even if they do stand out from the pack.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2010 20:00:56
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    I'm guessing that people are avoidng ports and multi platform games that were gimped on PS2, even if they do stand out from the pack.

A damn shame if you ask me.
  • trip919 19 Oct 2010 20:43:33 2,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    trip919 wrote:

Utterly groundbreaking, genre defining games that also set the bar so high that they still havenít been matched - arenít in abundance on the PS2 nor any other console.

Sorry.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2010 20:49:23
    GTA3 was matched and beat by it's sequels on the PS2. Sure at the time GTA3 was the dogs bollocks but games just got bigger and better.
  • trip919 19 Oct 2010 21:12:45 2,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Donít agree with that at all. The only improvements were adding more frivolous stuff to it, nothing changed the game play structure or took it to the next level Ė itís decreased in potency because of this. My idea of better certainly isnít bigger as you clearly think, but more in terms of improving and enhancing the structure meaningfully and radically, not just being a cosmetic change.

Iím not saying I didnít enjoy the other GTAS - as I did Ė but, did I enjoy them more or even as much? Definitely not.
  • King_Edward 19 Oct 2010 21:15:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    trip919 wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    trip919 wrote:
    Utterly groundbreaking, genre defining games that also set the bar so high that they still haven't been matched - aren't in abundance on the PS2 nor any other console.

Sorry.
    Utterly groundbreaking, genre defining games that also set the bar so high that they still haven't been matched are exactly what the PS2 had in abundance.
  • pac666 19 Oct 2010 21:20:35 199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Okami
  • Page

of 7 First / Last