Opinions on Battlestar Galactica, please Page 35

• Page

of 38 First / Last

• polaris70 5 Sep 2012 18:01:48 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought season one was good. But the other seasons took it to a new level and I thought they were excellent.
  • mcmonkeyplc 8 Jan 2013 09:27:58 39,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Complete Series blu ray for 35!

Bought that yesterday. At that price it's just rude not to.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• 4gate 8 Jan 2013 09:33:10 362 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Excellent value, just use the last disc as a coaster and make up your own ending.
  • DFawkes 8 Jan 2013 12:45:02 22,528 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish I had a Blu Ray player at that price! I only finished watching it last month and I bloody loved it all. Probably not ready for a rewatch until I've watched all the other bits and bobs like The Plan and Blood and Chrome, but for those with a Blu Ray player it's a great price.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Bremenacht 2 Mar 2014 21:14:06 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started watching this on Netflix. By accident.

Seems Ok. Worth sticking with. 4 series of 13 1.5 hour long episodes seems rather a lot. Is it quite skippable, like Lost was? i.e. this episode looks hit - skip.
  • Chopsen 2 Mar 2014 21:21:50 15,678 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skip episodes? Madness!

Stick with episodes, it all kind of flows and the characters develop their own arcs throughout the whole thing. Gaius in particular.

It doesn't make any bloody sense, mind. But it's a great ride.
  • Dairyfree 2 Mar 2014 21:24:13 932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Yeah it's pretty amazing, and the characters definitely make it.

Skipping epispdes in lost and this is really weird though. You weirdo.
  • wobbly_Bob 2 Mar 2014 21:29:33 1,559 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked it at first but then it just turns into a soap opera in space. The ending in the last season is nonsensical and crap.
  • vijay_UK 2 Mar 2014 21:29:39 2,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a brilliant show, lots of action and hot women. I've just finished season two, terrific. It is weird, the idea of skipping episodes.

Edited by vijay_UK at 21:30:11 02-03-2014
  • MMMarmite 2 Mar 2014 21:36:39 971 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I loved it. The ending may have been a bit lame but I thought it rounded out the series pretty well, rather than leaving a lot of loose ends.

There are a few episodes that you could probably skip without missing too much if you're pushed for time but I'd recommend watching them all so you don't miss any of the character development or smaller plots.
  • vijay_UK 2 Mar 2014 21:38:48 2,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or the hot women.
  • MMMarmite 2 Mar 2014 22:05:39 971 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought that was a given ;)
  • Steve_Perry 2 Mar 2014 22:13:43 3,420 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote: 4 series of 13 1.5 hour long episodes seems rather a lot.
    Does not compute.

Edited by Steve_Perry at 22:13:59 02-03-2014

VIVA STEFANSEN

• BravoGolf Moderator 2 Mar 2014 22:22:28 12,737 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been watching this, on the last season. It's excellent. That is all.
  • Wunty_Phyve 2 Mar 2014 22:34:47 930 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I started this about 2 weeks ago, nearly done with season 1 at the moment. I think it's brilliant, and I am berating myself for not seeing it sooner. Nice to see the original Apollo in there as well. I still don't really know what the balls is going on though, presumably the Cylons do so that's okay.

Didn't think I'd like new Starbuck but actually warming to her quite a bit. New Apollo seems a bit camp but again I'm coming round to him. Standouts are Adama and Baltar so far, although I don't mind president whatshername as well.
  • Bremenacht 2 Mar 2014 22:41:54 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I liked it at first but then it just turns into a soap opera in space.
    That's exactly what I fear. However, the hive mind says 'YES', so I'll go with the hive. If it it turns out like some shitty Star Trek reskin, well, I'm sure I'll know soon enough. I've seen a suspiciously ballsy tomboy blonde, but no Wesley or Riker-like so far.
  • malloc 2 Mar 2014 22:49:14 2,282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thought the characters were a little stereotyped and it got a bit crazy in places and seemed overly brutal for want of a better word. Was a good remake though.
  • Bremenacht 5 Mar 2014 00:28:22 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No more mr nice Gaius!
  • Bremenacht 9 Mar 2014 00:00:03 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    S1 finished. Weird. Dunno how this religion thing will play out, or the freaky hybrid stuff (assuming that's what it will be), or the Cylon infiltration stuff. This is all good. No-one wants to watch something like they're just walking along a plank. I'd expected (and hoped for) some hearty pew, but although there's not a great deal of pew, I'm still mostly enjoying it.

The kissy-kissy Gaius/Blondey thing has been getting a bit tedious though. What would make it so much more interesting would be if blondey was actually a result of his psyche fracturing, and he was really vainly making love to himself. Haha!
  • Bremenacht 9 Mar 2014 00:06:26 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's with the 75 bit of the BSG 75 thing?
  • sherpa1984 9 Mar 2014 00:19:58 215 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Gaius/Blondey thing isn't explained out-right until the last episode. For the first couple of seasons they definitely keep you guessing- is she really an angel? Is Gaius crazy? Was he implanted with a cylon chip in his brain?

75 is just the name of the Battlestar group the Galactica was in before it retired from service.

So freaking jealous you get to watch season two for the first time.
  • Wunty_Phyve 9 Mar 2014 00:29:59 930 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    nearly at the same point myself. Two episodes into s2. Same questions as above and same frustrations. Very much loving it though. Off to watch episode 3 now in fact.
  • vijay_UK 9 Mar 2014 08:16:57 2,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Season 3 is brilliant so far. No flab, just gets on with it. Fracking ace.

But someone should've quoted the original Baltar's classic line by now.
  • CosmicFuzz 9 Mar 2014 08:24:27 22,908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's probably very different watching it as a box set rather than week by week, but at the time I loved seasons 1 and 2 but really didn't get on with the rest. Season 4 especially devolved into horrible wheel spinning I thought, and it became increasingly clear the writers were stringing out the big reveals and making things up as they went along. Ending was pish too.

Shane, because the first two seasons were great. The Pegasus arc was sublime.

My game of E3? Rainbow 6! Find out why...

• Load_2.0 9 Mar 2014 08:40:36 18,734 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I also have just started as they are playing it Monday nights on one the smaller channels, Pick TV.

Still on season 1 still a little unsure on whether I really like it. I keep watching it though so it has got my interest.
  • ubergine 9 Mar 2014 15:07:01 1,931 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you are only just now watching this, for God's sake get out of this thread. Don't even look at the boxes for seasons ahead of what you've seen, the cover art can be a spoiler.

I'd say there's only about 4 episodes in this entire series that doesn't advance the plot, and I can only think of 2. ("Scar" and "Razor")

It's a 40-hour movie. I actually quite liked how it ended too, it used everything that ever happened in the series quite unlike Lost, which was just "Oh, all those mysterious things? That was just random shit that doesn't matter."

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Bremenacht 9 Mar 2014 15:54:08 17,350 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    If you are only just now watching this, for God's sake get out of this thread.
    :- D

I'll be sure not to read back. I'll also be sure to use spoilers.

Totally agree about the Lost comparison. I've been expecting some nonsense or filler to kill a few episodes, or a Star-Trek style "What shall we do this week? A funny episode?" "Great idea! Let's base it around.. Will Weasley". But so far, so good.

That Starbuck! Total Clare Danes clone! Keep expecting her to do a 'Carrie' and have a mini-breakdown.
  • gammonbanter 9 Mar 2014 16:15:10 1,482 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It peaked at the "Adama manouver" but the whole thing has to be up there with the great tv sci fi series.

I actually thought the end was good!

Keep meaning to give Caprica a go!

We're drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• BinaryBob101 9 Mar 2014 16:32:11 22,226 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Craprica. Don't bother - really, don't bother.

Beautiful tender beings.

• Page

of 38 First / Last