DC Universe Online official thread? Page 48

• Page

of 48 First / Last

Next
  • MatMan562 2 Nov 2011 17:56:44 2,462 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wait, were your game downloads 25gb? Mine was 120something mb. I assumed the rest was all downloads when you start the game client or is that what you're all reffering to?

To be honest, i'm not sure if I can be bothered with it if its 25gb...

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Folant 2 Nov 2011 20:46:08 1,175 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, main bulk is the game updates.

Currently 45% after 6 hours.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• danathjo 2 Nov 2011 23:22:06 7,385 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does it need to be done at once or can I leave it after a gig or five every few nights?

Also, seems that mine is only 14.5gb, unless that's just the first update? Lucky I got the 320!
  • Progguitarist 3 Nov 2011 02:08:12 10,440 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can do it in parts IIRC.
  • nooneyouknow 3 Nov 2011 09:48:25 12 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I did try to do it in two parts last night but on the second go it started again from scratch. Left it running overnight and was finished this morning.

Quite happy to see that all my old characters are still there! Will be starting from scratch again tonight though.
  • neosalad 3 Nov 2011 17:35:38 953 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yeah, was taking a while to d/l the other day only got to 11% or something after an hour or so..... i started downloading and it was taking a while, so next time i'm @ home i'll leave the Ps3 downloading overnight.. but wont be able to do that till next week sometime.
    knew it was too good to be true when it was only 125MB download int he first place! LOL

Edited by neosalad at 17:40:13 03-11-2011
  • Restart 5 Nov 2011 01:20:39 4,719 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are they having a laugh, charging 1.39 each time you want to withdraw $10,000? My characters had around $200,000 each when I stopped playing. So if I know want to use that, I would have to pay 30!

Honestly, they may have attracted new customers going F2P. But it feels like a kick in the teeth to those of us who bought it & subbed, as we get absolutely fuck all for our loyalty.
  • superjag86 11 Nov 2011 11:27:05 227 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a PS3 Hero based EG League or Guild or whatever?
    It'd be good to get a community started.
  • Zizoo 29 Nov 2011 12:08:16 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally got the download finished and looking to start playing this week.

Anybody on a good, reasonably lag-free PVE server?
  • Zizoo 29 Nov 2011 19:55:59 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    4500 in the queue...

I could/should be playing Skyrim...
  • Krip 29 Nov 2011 22:00:39 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    3500 for me now down to 180 but I feel the same as you tbh I hope its worth it:eek:
  • Zizoo 30 Nov 2011 08:37:04 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got in after an hour wait.

Was pretty fun. No lag, and loads of people running about. Decided to spend what little money I had in my PSN wallet to try get up to premium status, but it still says I'm a free user. Will have to look into that.

So all in all, fun but not enough to pull me away from the other games I have on the go. Will definitely return at some stage though.
  • Krip 30 Nov 2011 17:03:18 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Completed the tutorial section and arrived in Gothem City. Seems pretty cool managed to create a fairly decent character, and unlocked a couple of upgrades to help take out the enemy a bit easier. Looks like it has some depth behind the hack and slash of it all. I'll try and fit it in amongst Skyrim and BF3.
  • Krip 9 Dec 2011 13:56:20 6 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wrote:
    3500 for me now down to 180 but I feel the same as you tbh I hope its worth it:eek:
    You can upgrade to a premium account if you spend over 5 on DLC, this will then cut out the waiting times. You also receive 6 character slots and more inventory space, I purchased the green lantern dlc for 7.99 which is pretty good.

Edited by Krip at 13:57:04 09-12-2011
  • spamdangled 10 Dec 2011 11:02:44 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got back into this on PC, and really enjoying it. The controls seem a little off, but I'm getting used to them.

Zooming round the city finding all the clues is very crackdown-esque in how addictive it is. I just wish there was a sound or something when you get near to one.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 10 December 2011 11:21:49
    How busy is it now? Have they added anything interesting since the early days?
  • spamdangled 10 Dec 2011 12:02:30 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It seems quite busy - I think they consolidated the servers to increase population. There's lots of content. There isn't much mission variety, but there's enough instances and things to feel like there's always something interesting.

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't do much to explain what the various stats do, and the UI isn't exactly intuitive using a mouse and keyboard.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 21 February 2012 10:15:49
    Anyone still playing this? Following the news that Brainiac's reign is about to end and we're about to see changes to the DC Universe, I logged on last week and got addicted all over again. There seem to have been a few changes, mostly for the better and even late last night, server pop was high. Anyway, if anyone old or new is tempted I could be up for some alerts and raids.I have toons at varying levels, but mostly healers, although I'm tempted to start a controller build.
  • wobbly_Bob 25 Jun 2012 00:32:28 1,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thinking about playing this. Is it one if these free to play games that you really need to pay to get the best out of it or to be on an equal footing with those that paid out for kit and skills?
  • repairmanjack 25 Jun 2012 09:36:07 6,046 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I only realised it had gone free last week. Downloaded it over night. Played for about thirty mins, and like the mechanics - although already thinking about creating a different character. Picked rifle as a weapon and it feels wrong (also wish I'd gone with flight as a movement system). Do you get the option to change anything once you get to Earth?

It's surprisingly interesting so far though.
  • wogsy81 14 Apr 2013 04:30:34 733 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After taking a 5 month break from this game around november (i had been playing pretty much daily since launch) ive been drilling this game for the past few weeks and i am now throughly back in the swing of things.

Got my full T4 PvE and PvP gear now and have just got my 104th skill point.

Im pretty damn sure no one here is interested but hey, i bloody love this game.
  • kadooosh 14 Apr 2013 10:28:19 1,405 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    After taking a 5 month break from this game around november (i had been playing pretty much daily since launch) ive been drilling this game for the past few weeks and i am now throughly back in the swing of things.

Got my full T4 PvE and PvP gear now and have just got my 104th skill point.

Im pretty damn sure no one here is interested but hey, i bloody love this game.
    Is it still busy on ps3?
  • Shikasama 14 Apr 2013 10:32:37 6,836 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I played the PC version for quite a while and I absolutely loved it. It really is a great game.

Unfortunately I can't play to a hedule anymore so I had to stop but I've played most MOs and I must say that this was probably my favourite. It's a shame that marvel heroes has taken the easy way out and gone down the ARPG route.
  • wogsy81 14 Apr 2013 15:04:52 733 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @kadooosh Yeah, its busy as hell on the EU PS3 server.

Since the server merge a year or so ago the ps3 side is booming. There are loads of people of all gear levels to help you and team up with.

My hero name and ps3 id is wogsy. Im a CR 89 healer but i do a cracking amount of dps too as i maxed out all my restoration and dps stats. So if you ever need any help on duos, alerts, raids etc then hit me up. Id love to help.
  • wogsy81 14 Apr 2013 15:13:53 733 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I played the PC version for quite a while and I absolutely loved it. It really is a great game.
    Totally agree.
    This game is just a shedload of fun. With the real time combat system it makes some fights really technical and really makes you react and counter to what an oppenent is doing. Like a beat em up so to speak.

I bloody love this game. Now this is my first ever MMO so im aware of the old "your first ever MMO is always your favourite MMO" saying. And i must agree. I have since tried other mmo's and they just seem a bit stale to me. But hey, im no mmo expert.

And to be honest. Im a huge batman/superman fan so to play in their world and to do missions fighting alongside them definitely adds to my enjoyment.
    This game is responsible for me never going on xboxlive anymore. And man did i love my xboxlive.

Its free to play so i strongly urge anyone who is interested to give it a try if you haven't already. Just make sure you give yourself 10 hours or so to download it :)
  • mouthuk 18 Jun 2013 09:25:02 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Motley Crew is a group of 30+ regular players who enjoy a good laugh but also enjoy challenging content.

We mainly focus on PVE content and have opened recruitment for trolls and a tank.

Requirements:
    English speaking
    Log often
    cr90+

Send in-game message to Epic Medic, The Dark, Experiment 76E or SUPER PINTS for trial runs to make sure we're the right fit for you.
  • Page

of 48 First / Last

Next