Sonic Generations (20th Anniversary game)

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 10 Oct 2010 19:08:08 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We’ve all known it was coming. Every 5 years, starting with Sonic Adventure 2, we’ve gotten an anniversary game. One is considered one of the best games in the series, the other one of the worst. SEGA has made it clear in the last year that they want to repair Sonic’s image, and bring back the elements that made his games fun. Whether they’ve succeeded or not is up for you to decide, but one things for sure, the nostalgia train isn’t ending with Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors. Enter: Sonic Anniversary.

Sonic Anniversary, which should be considered a tentative title for the time being, will be a compilation of Sonic’s best levels from across his career adapted to the current generation of consoles. These levels are said to be a mix of 3D and 2D, though Sonic Paradise was unable to confirm whether or not it would be done via interlevel switches ala Sonic Unleashed, or if the dimension would be relegated to whether the level was 2D or 3D originally. So it is unknown whether there will be any 3D areas in remade classic levels, or all new 2D areas in the remade 3D levels.

What Sonic Paradise could confirm, however, were the platforms: the game is currently slotted for Wii, DS, PS3,and even PSP this time around. The Xbox 360 version is “still under negotiations”, though considering that a next gen Sonic game hasn’t missed the Xbox platform yet, it’s probably a shoe in. This game is believed to be the “Sonic Anniversary” game originally revealed in the leaked Sony document over a year ago. It’s expected to come out at some point during 2011, in time for Sonic’s year long anniversary celebration.

A new Mario and Sonic game was also confirmed, though no additional details where given. Sonic Paradise speculates that Mario and Sonic will have something to do with the 2012 Olympics. Given the trend of the last two games in the series, this is very likely.
    - Sonic Stadium

Original source: http://www.sonicparadise.net/2010/10/bomba-sonic-paradise-funcionario-de.html

• bdc 10 Oct 2010 19:09:40 268 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess we'll see it disappear from the shelves shortly after release, as per Sega's mantra of taking shit Sonic games away from the stores
  • funkyd 10 Oct 2010 19:15:09 7,522 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Let's just give up all hope of a good game now.
  • King_Edward 10 Oct 2010 19:33:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yay! New Mario and Sonic. \o/
  • Deleted user 10 October 2010 19:34:17
    Sonic Colours and Sonic 4 look 'ok' for sonic games, so who knows.

Area88 wrote:
    Hey Sega, why don't you donate the profits of these crappy Sonic sequels to a Shenmue III trust fund and do something credible again.

You are getting rather tedious now.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2011 19:32:49
    Sonic 20th Anniversary Debut Trailer!
  • Fake_Blood 9 Apr 2011 19:36:19 4,073 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, it looks like there will be running and jumping, great trailer!
  • Deleted user 9 April 2011 19:38:24
    Actually kinda like how they teased going back to the original Sonic look at the end, always thought his modern interpretations tried to look too 'edgy'. He's a fucking jumping hedgehog, he should be cartoony.
  • morriss 9 Apr 2011 19:38:39 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Co-op, innit
  • the_dudefather 9 Apr 2011 19:41:15 9,196 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Actually kinda like how they teased going back to the original Sonic look at the end, always thought his modern interpretations tried to look too 'edgy'.

Look at his hardcore face

Sonic is ready to fuck some shit up

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• ecureuil 19 Apr 2011 00:20:18 76,514 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gameplay trailer.

Looks like the "old Sonic" is regular platforming, and "modern Sonic" is the one from the Wii games where the camera sometimes goes behind.

More footage + details.
  • ecureuil 19 Apr 2011 00:27:07 76,514 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems like all the levels will be re-imaginings of classic levels.
  • DFawkes 19 Apr 2011 01:17:18 22,597 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know I really shouldn't, given the dreaded Sonic cycle, but the old-school levels look awesome. That's the game I've been waiting for, great visuals but 2D gameplay. Hopefully Classic Sonic will have Classic Physics and New Sonic will have New Physics, so we get the best of both worlds.

I'm going to go to "Cautiously Optimistic" - I'll keep an eye on previews and reviews, but am I heck pre-ordering.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• JBlokeUK 19 Apr 2011 01:20:31 2,309 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I know I really shouldn't, given the dreaded Sonic cycle, but the old-school levels look awesome. That's the game I've been waiting for, great visuals but 2D gameplay. Hopefully Classic Sonic will have Classic Physics and New Sonic will have New Physics, so we get the best of both worlds.

I'm going to go to "Cautiously Optimistic" - I'll keep an eye on previews and reviews, but am I heck pre-ordering.

Pretty much how I felt about it. This Sonic game actually looks pretty good going by first impressions. One to keep an eye on but certainly not getting too hyped about it.

I like it when he's angry.

• DFawkes 19 Apr 2011 01:26:05 22,597 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I actually enjoyed some sections of Sonic Adventure too, and the 3D gameplay so far seems a lot more like that. This really could be good. It's already guaranteed not 100% shit at least, by using the Green Hill Zone music. The real deal, not some almost-but-not-quite music inspired by it, the actual music (a bit remixed but not too much).

Nothing sets my retro nostalgia glands going more than the original music in any given series.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Raiko101 19 Apr 2011 05:50:38 6,068 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sonic Colours was genuinely a decent game. Much better than Sonic 4 too. It had that annoying Wisp thing, but besides that was really fun to play. If this comes anywhere near as close as that, without implementing any gameplay gimmick, we're on for a great title.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 19 April 2011 07:23:26
    In the 2d bits he doesn't run properly. And you can do a spin dash while running at full pelt. Teh fizix etc etc. But it looks good, if a bit too similar to the mega drive levels albeit in 3d (fine by me but everyone cried about the levels being too similar in sonic 4).

The 3D bits look too fast as usual and have stupid crap like grind rails. It just looks like the usual uncontrollable autopilot sonic 3d nonsense.
  • JoeGBallad 19 Apr 2011 15:56:41 383 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It'll probably be shite. Where's episode 2 gone?

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Deleted user 19 April 2011 15:58:31
    I dunno. I was expecting to be a yearly thing at the latest, doesn't look like it's coming out.

Fuck episodic gaming right up the cornhole.
  • asphaltcowboy 19 Apr 2011 16:07:43 5,138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Gameplay trailer.

Looks like the "old Sonic" is regular platforming, and "modern Sonic" is the one from the Wii games where the camera sometimes goes behind.

More footage + details.
    RE: The first half of the video... That looks AMAZING! Why the fucking FUCK have they not just been doing that for the past 20 years? Seriously, that's all any Sonic fan actually wants. RE: The second half of the video... I remain unconvinced that Sonic has ever worked well with the "behind Sonic" perspective gameplay.
  • richarddavies 19 Apr 2011 16:44:11 2,581 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Regarding the 3d bit. Just watch it and imagine your playing it. Literally all you'd be doing is pushing up on the joypad. You could probably wrap an elastic band around your pad so it holds the stick up and then go pub. When you come back you'll have a completed games and a stack of new achievements/trophy's. Everones a winner.
  • ecureuil 21 Apr 2011 15:13:54 76,514 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More first level/Green Hill footage.
  • roz123 21 Apr 2011 15:47:13 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    celebrating 20 years of mediocrity
  • Ged42 21 Apr 2011 16:03:00 7,701 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder if you can skip the Modern Sonic bits?

Probably not :(
  • ecureuil 21 Apr 2011 16:10:21 76,514 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think they look too bad. The behind Sonic bits were fun in the Adventure games, and it looks to be based off the well-received Sonic Colours.

It's the classic Sonic bits that I'm unsure about, Sonic looks tiny compared to the environment.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Apr 2011 16:16:23 2,771 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If they do a remix of the Star Light Zone I shall be a happy man.
  • pinebear 21 Apr 2011 16:32:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hup
    Ha
    Hua
    Hyaaa
    Hup
    Hup hup

• disusedgenius 21 Apr 2011 17:02:26 5,218 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked it actually. Seems like an improvement over Sonic 4 at least.

/sighs
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous