Chris Moyles blasts BBC in on-air rant Page 6

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• mal 24 Sep 2010 17:20:25 21,928 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is it just me or does sick Chris Moyles look like a sick Jeremy Clarkson? There's something we're not being told here...

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Waffleaber 24 Sep 2010 17:22:57 309 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you guys remember when Chris Moyles suffocated all those people back in his hospital radio days?

They never could prove it.
  • thelzdking 24 Sep 2010 17:27:20 3,953 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Is it just me or does sick Chris Moyles look like a sick Jeremy Clarkson? There's something we're not being told here...
    That cunts look alike when they're sick?
  • Khanivor 24 Sep 2010 17:38:46 39,862 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Er, how is he being unprofessional when his job is to talk, with much of that talking being moans at various things that piss him off?
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 22:13:11
    Post deleted
  • mal 24 Sep 2010 23:34:33 21,928 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Er, how is he being unprofessional when his job is to talk, with much of that talking being moans at various things that piss him off?
    I didn't hear the broadcast in question, but surely his job is to be entertaining, and to announce records (but mainly the former). If his moaning about stuff that only directly affects him isn't entertaining, then it's unprofessional n'est pas?

• bauhaus 24 Sep 2010 23:40:29 3,511 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mark and Lard are radio Gods.

Moyles is a sack of shit.
  • dutchspeededup 24 Sep 2010 23:44:13 4,367 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bauhaus wrote:

Moyles is a sack of shit.

I think he looks more like a (translucent) sack of diseased potatoes.
  • afghan_jones 25 Sep 2010 00:10:18 3,029 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its unprofessional to take advantage of your position as a DJ to slag off your employer on a public broadcast.

No different to me sending out a load of emails from my work address or letters on their headed paper saying how shit they are.

Its also distasteful given that he is by no means struggling financially as a result and is paid vastly more than most of his listeners who ultimately pay his wages via the license fee and many of whom will face far harder financial challenges day in day out without behaving like a petulant child and abusing trust placed in them by their employer.

Also he is an annoying dick that like most of Radio 1's current lineup personifies not a love of cutting edge music but a glorification of self obsessed vanity, ignorance, and vapid 'celeb' culture.
  • Trane 25 Sep 2010 00:18:32 4,049 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    afghan_jones wrote:
    Its unprofessional to take advantage of your position as a DJ to slag off your employer on a public broadcast.

No different to me sending out a load of emails from my work address or letters on their headed paper saying how shit they are.

Its also distasteful given that he is by no means struggling financially as a result and is paid vastly more than most of his listeners who ultimately pay his wages via the license fee and many of whom will face far harder financial challenges day in day out without behaving like a petulant child and abusing trust placed in them by their employer.

Also he is an annoying dick that like most of Radio 1's current lineup personifies not a love of cutting edge music but a glorification of self obsessed vanity, ignorance, and vapid 'celeb' culture.

Sums up my thoughts exactly, but far more eloquently than I could manage.
  • Randomlampy 25 Sep 2010 00:38:26 580 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    afghan_jones wrote:

/applause
  • Khanivor 25 Sep 2010 00:44:34 39,862 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    afghan_jones wrote:

Which is why he was hired, making his rant in line with his job description, no?
  • mal 25 Sep 2010 00:58:20 21,928 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    60-odd people who wrote in to complain thought otherwise, but so far it seems the BBC agree with you. Which, for the record, is fair enough by me.

• afghan_jones 25 Sep 2010 08:23:43 3,029 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was that kind of rant in his job description? Probably not.

Was it a fairly inevitable consequence of employing a self indulgent man-child to pander to the lowest common denominator? Almost certainly.
  • dutchspeededup 25 Sep 2010 08:46:54 4,367 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    afghan_jones wrote:
    Was that kind of rant in his job description? Probably not.

Was it a fairly inevitable consequence of employing a self indulgent man-child to pander to the lowest common denominator? Almost certainly.

Yep.
  • Hunam 25 Sep 2010 09:19:38 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do find it funny how everyone has a bee in his bonnet about his wage. As if it's ok for him to be screwed over now and again because he's worth a bit. Teh doublestandards roam.
  • afghan_jones 25 Sep 2010 09:45:33 3,029 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, just means his moaning get less sympathy as a blockage in his pay for a month or two doesnt have anything like the impact it would on the the average joe.
  • PatrickEwing 1 Jul 2011 12:55:09 2,088 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Talentless fuck
    Hope he stays on Radio 1, pay him whatever it takes to stop him creeping onto radio stations I do listen to.
  • Deckard1 1 Jul 2011 12:57:15 25,339 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Do any radio presenters have "talent"?

Called it

• Raiko101 1 Jul 2011 12:59:28 5,519 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A million pounds to talk about anything on radio. That's crazy.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Grunk 1 Jul 2011 13:04:51 4,718 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd rather have my 12 license fee back instead.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2011 13:09:22
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yes.
  • RyanDS 1 Jul 2011 13:12:16 8,691 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I find most of the Absolute Radio guys are great fun to listen to. Frank Skinner especially is very entertaining.
  • PhoenixFlames 1 Jul 2011 13:31:38 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the breakfast show is the worst thing on radio. If a local radio station did what they do it would be barely accepted as 'entertainment.' Utter shite.

Saying that, I think Moyles come across much better on TV.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• LionheartDJH 1 Jul 2011 13:35:08 19,295 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:

I probably wouldn't say no to Fearne Cotton tbh.

She dives for cheese pasties

• robthehermit 1 Jul 2011 14:05:04 3,827 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally I think its great news. I love listening to Chris in the mornings. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy whoever they eventually replace him with, but for the time being I'm perfectly happy.

I really don't get all the hate, if you don't like him, don't listen. As the BBC would say, other radio stations are available.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• nickthegun 1 Jul 2011 14:11:43 55,848 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Considering all of his TV vehicles have crashed and burned, thats not really saying much for his radio career.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• PhoenixFlames 1 Jul 2011 14:12:38 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Considering all of his TV vehicles have crashed and burned, thats not really saying much for his radio career.

Exactly ;-)

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Page

of 9 First / Last