Dark Souls Page 1198

  • Page

    of 1201 First / Last

  • Nanocrystal 5 Aug 2014 06:18:03 1,015 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh yeah, those guys. Just run around them?

    Great Hollow is annoying but worth getting through for the sheer majesty of Ash Lake, which is underwhelming from a gameplay/content point of view but has epic music and just gives this amazing sense that you've stumbled into some primordial place that has existed unchanged for millenia.
  • robc84 5 Aug 2014 07:10:48 5,588 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bottlecaps wrote:
    robc84 wrote:

    Conclusion: I suck.

    Edit: Got the cunt! To blighty!

    New conclusion: I rock :)
    :D

    If I only check back here once a week it's always worth it - you go girl!

    Personally, rebooted DkS, dual Caestus ASAP, O&S gave me some major problems to begin with but other than that cleared it plain sailing in c5hrs. Not bad for a reminder run-through.

    I miss my online though. It wasn't the same without it. Saying that, I doubt there's much x360 online stuff these days anyway, there was hardly any c6months ago, hence why I cancelled it :(
    :)

    Glad my general suckiness provides amusement! Just call me quadfather!
  • quadfather 5 Aug 2014 08:33:53 12,119 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I heard that

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Widge Moderator 7 Aug 2014 09:39:24 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So. Playing with my fresh character on PC, just got up to Capra as a soul level 20ish. Everything had been rather straightforward up until that point but this guy is still a massive cuntface.

    I can deal with him in Demon Shrine but those two dogs make it terribly difficult. Drafted in help in the end and did it on the first attempt that time.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • Widge Moderator 7 Aug 2014 09:40:01 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and then I died in the Depths. Which is unusual as I never really had a problem with that area. Constantly farmed it on my PS3 game, best place to reap the humanities.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • robc84 7 Aug 2014 09:47:02 5,588 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've been having some boss problems this time around, but strangely, not so much with Capra. I died once, due to them f'ing dogs getting in the way. Second time I managed to get up the steps. More by luck than judgement though. Then just proceeded to continually drop attack him :)

    I spent as little time as possible in the depths, due to the problems I had last time (curse!!!). I actually didn't bother with the curse frog area at all.

    I'm one handing the BKH now and it is awesome. Currently at +3. Not played for a few days though as my replacement ps4 arrived and I've been putting it through it's paces!
  • TAJB 7 Aug 2014 09:55:24 322 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I was only turned to this game a few months ago and found it very time consuming. I only sit down and play if I know I'm going to get 5 or 6 hours uninterupted. I lose track of time, I blink and it's no longer 4pm it's 11pm. I remember the first time I was invaded, I didn't know what the hell was going on. I had only just reached undead burg and was just cutting through dudes and this guy with a bow and poison throwing knives came running at me launching ranged attacks. When I rolled around and backstabbed him to death I felt immortal! I haven't played in a while now though...

    PSN: Tiny_WeeMan

  • TheGreenYamo 7 Aug 2014 09:56:51 75 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If anyone's playing this on the 360 this morning, a chap named The Mighty Boosh420 invaded me and dropped a load of boss souls and weapons. He might still be around if you fancy some freebies! Edit: Undead Parish.

    Edited by TheGreenYamo at 10:23:57 07-08-2014
  • Fonzie 7 Aug 2014 11:41:42 1,850 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    So. Playing with my fresh character on PC, just got up to Capra as a soul level 20ish. Everything had been rather straightforward up until that point but this guy is still a massive cuntface.

    I can deal with him in Demon Shrine but those two dogs make it terribly difficult. Drafted in help in the end and did it on the first attempt that time.
    A good tip for the Capra Demon is as follows:

    As soon as you enter the boss area immediately run to the right of Capra and the when you are behind him, run to the stairs at the rear left of the area. Run up the stairs. The dogs should follow so you can take them out leaving just the Capra Demon. You should be able to beat him now, even easier if you have spells or enough arrows and you stay on the ledge.

    Edited by Fonzie at 11:42:14 07-08-2014
  • Bauul 9 Aug 2014 21:53:25 142 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    So. Playing with my fresh character on PC, just got up to Capra as a soul level 20ish. Everything had been rather straightforward up until that point but this guy is still a massive cuntface.

    I can deal with him in Demon Shrine but those two dogs make it terribly difficult. Drafted in help in the end and did it on the first attempt that time.
    A good tip for the Capra Demon is as follows:

    As soon as you enter the boss area immediately run to the right of Capra...
    Hah, I love advice like this. In theory it's simple but everyone knows "running to the right of him" and surviving is a dark art of luck, skill and timing.
  • Fonzie 9 Aug 2014 21:59:38 1,850 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bauul wrote:
    Fonzie wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    So. Playing with my fresh character on PC, just got up to Capra as a soul level 20ish. Everything had been rather straightforward up until that point but this guy is still a massive cuntface.

    I can deal with him in Demon Shrine but those two dogs make it terribly difficult. Drafted in help in the end and did it on the first attempt that time.
    A good tip for the Capra Demon is as follows:

    As soon as you enter the boss area immediately run to the right of Capra...
    Hah, I love advice like this. In theory it's simple but everyone knows "running to the right of him" and surviving is a dark art of luck, skill and timing.
    True, but it works more times than not for me.
  • Wunty_Phyve 9 Aug 2014 22:10:02 1,138 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    First time I beat him it was down to someone saying "run to the right and leg it upstairs". Best bit of advice ever with Capra.

    But yes. Nothing is fool proof and you still then have to fight him! Longest time ever spent shitting myself in front of a fog door...

    Edited by Wunty_Phyve at 22:11:35 09-08-2014
  • Moot_Point 9 Aug 2014 22:33:58 4,049 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Wunty_Phyve Run to the right and up the stairs? You've not played in quite some time, eh? It's left and up the stairs! :D

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • Wunty_Phyve 10 Aug 2014 00:27:49 1,138 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Moot_Point behave! Right around cappy then left for the stairs... I know what I meant :p
  • Moot_Point 10 Aug 2014 02:21:39 4,049 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I've always head straight for the stairs, which is on the left. Never been hit by the demon either. Must be lucky I suppose.

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • Futaba 10 Aug 2014 02:46:45 3,510 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just beat Astorias on my 7th or 8th try, wasn't too hard I just had to be patient with my attacks. Most impressive part was when he one-shot killed me through my Astorias Shield, full stamina and 70% health o_O

    As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

  • Futaba 12 Aug 2014 05:21:16 3,510 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Beat Manus earlier, was doing good against him until he starts spamming the magic attack when low on health which usually fucked me up. I cheesed it in the end with Iron Flesh, 2 handed +5 BK Halberd ftw. Afterwards I killed Dusk, who was just laying there, oops.

    Paid a visit to Kalameet afterwards, he scary.

    As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

  • Widge Moderator 22 Aug 2014 10:54:24 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've gone for a bit of a sword and spells build.

    I remember that Demon's Souls had a talisman that allowed both spells and miracles to be cast.

    Anything like that in this?

    I've never done a faith build before but not sure I want to stray from the path of magic.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • quadfather 22 Aug 2014 13:08:24 12,119 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Widge

    Talisman of beasts?

    I'm fairly sure there isn't anything like that in dark AFAIK.

    If you don't mind sacrificing a bow, you could have a sword + shield in your primary and then the faith one in your left second slot and a magic catalyst in your right second slot. Depends on which miracles/spells you have equipped that affect a weapon as they both need to be equipped to activate - you know what I mean?

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Widge Moderator 22 Aug 2014 13:33:18 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dual magics build. Interesting.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • Widge Moderator 25 Aug 2014 20:07:47 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trying to figure out what to go for that isn't the drake sword.

    It's ridiculously powerful if a touch slow, never makes sense to swap it out.

    Also: magic weapon. Actually useful? Can you buff a standard weapon with it?

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • bottlecaps 25 Aug 2014 21:46:31 125 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Widge wrote:
    Trying to figure out what to go for that isn't the drake sword.

    It's ridiculously powerful if a touch slow, never makes sense to swap it out.

    Also: magic weapon. Actually useful? Can you buff a standard weapon with it?
    Re Drake Sword: it's powerful for the first few hours and then it looses it's punch rather quickly. I've always advocated not using the thing as it rather limits you in the mid-late game. Focus on upgrading something else that suits your build (Longsword/katana/spear whatever you fancy really).

    Magic Weapon is decent, Greater Magic Weapon is better (obv) and Crystal Magic Weapon is superb. You can use a magic or resin buff on any weapon that isn't already enchanted. Decent tip - work towards getting a +10 weapon (and +15 later game) and Crystal Magic/Sunlight Blade/Darkmoon Blade temporary buff, it will serve you better in the long-run than the standard enchanted weapons. Although much can be said of wielding a Lightning Zwei...
  • retro74 25 Aug 2014 22:23:39 236 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quelaag's Furysword was the best weapon on NG

    Made the game a cakewalk
  • bottlecaps 25 Aug 2014 23:14:54 125 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    retro74 wrote:
    Quelaag's Furysword was the best weapon on NG

    Made the game a cakewalk
    quad and I had a dual-Quellag challenge a while back - those bad boys lasted me through NG++ at the time.

    I don't think quad finished the NG challenge....

    /goads

    In fairness, they are a bit shit early doors but with some Humanity they shine, especially if you can parry
  • Widge Moderator 25 Aug 2014 23:16:51 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just bunged a load of titanite into a long sword so it happens, may see how that goes.

    I need to figure out wtf to do with my stats. I can never decide. Got about 20 each on vit/end and the drake requisite 16 str.

    I can never figure where to focus at this point. I want to use magic but I have an eye on scaling through str and def.

    My game is different to last time. I got a barbed sword drop in the depths and a fire barbed ended up being my mid game sword.

    Edited by Widge at 23:29:40 25-08-2014

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • bottlecaps 25 Aug 2014 23:28:08 125 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Widge

    Longsword is a very solid weapon, great moveset, decent damage.

    As for stats I've always been a big advocate of a mixture of weapon+dex or magic+dex builds. Faith builds are great too but you need to go rather deep into Faith to get any real benefit (30+).

    For PvE just go as you see fit, once you've played through a couple of times you'll notice what stat points you can drop in favour of others that are rather more useful (if you fancy PvP for example lay off one stat in favour of another).

    Long-term, I found this site useful for PvP/ PvE character-building:

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
  • Fonzie 26 Aug 2014 00:08:12 1,850 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I used a +5 black knight halberd after queelags sword became ineffective.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Aug 2014 07:45:20 13,530 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Going to try and ascend weapons this play. Never usually get that far along the upgrade path.

    Fancy something other than my black leather armour to upgrade too.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • quadfather 26 Aug 2014 10:09:25 12,119 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bottlecaps wrote:
    retro74 wrote:
    Quelaag's Furysword was the best weapon on NG

    Made the game a cakewalk
    quad and I had a dual-Quellag challenge a while back - those bad boys lasted me through NG++ at the time.

    I don't think quad finished the NG challenge....

    /goads

    In fairness, they are a bit shit early doors but with some Humanity they shine, especially if you can parry
    Haha no I didn't finish it in the end :)

    Its a fun, fast build though and coupled with humanity and some chaos spells you can have a lot of fun. Will eventually get out damaged though and the bkh always winks at me

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • robc84 26 Aug 2014 13:08:46 5,588 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really need to summon up the motivation to get my BKH through Blighty.

    Currently sitting at the first bonfire. I suppose I could just leg it to the second bonfire then leg it to the boss!
  • Page

    of 1201 First / Last

Log in or register to reply