Dark Souls Page 1168

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 15:06:25 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    As a pyro do I need to level up my INT to get some better fire spells?
    Nah, (as far as i'm aware) INT has no effect on pyro's.

The only stat that does is DEX.
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 15:08:38 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    No weapon; the soul piece itself is worth 8000 if he eats it, I think, but only 1200 if you eat it.
    Yea but how much is the moonlight spear worth

/patient as the grave voice tone
    If you're a pure magic build, the butterfly horn is one of the best weapons. Its a good PvP weapon too.
  • robc84 12 Feb 2014 15:08:51 6,067 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In ToTG, there is one by patches and one round the corner by the giant skelly and his little pet?

Don't remember a 3rd.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 15:11:48 13,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    No weapon; the soul piece itself is worth 8000 if he eats it, I think, but only 1200 if you eat it.

If you're a pure magic build, the butterfly horn is one of the best weapons. Its a good PvP weapon too.
    But he's neither

/exasperation setting in

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 15:14:13 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In that case, its not worth it. I'd imagine the max you'd get for it is 5000, and you'll already have spent loads of souls getting a spear to +10 and converting....

Just shove it into Frampts hole is basically what im getting at.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 15:15:56 13,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    In that case, its not worth it. I'd imagine the max you'd get for it is 5000, and you'll already have spent loads of souls getting a spear to +10 and converting....

/exhales in final relief

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 15:21:02 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:

/exhales in final relief
    /farts as a result of quaddys boring actions in message form
  • EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 15:26:46 3,421 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was MY recommendation from the beginning.

The shoving; not the exhaling or farting...
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 15:55:54 13,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well I reckon he should level into and use it as main weapon. That's clearly the only sensible thing to do

• LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2014 15:59:20 44,939 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:

If you're a pure magic build an you don't have a catalyst in your hand, you're doing it wrong :)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 15:59:21 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Use the Claws!!!
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 16:16:22 13,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quiet, you

• retro74 12 Feb 2014 21:01:17 289 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did a bit of duelling for the first time earlier. Was summoned to another game then he summoned a red phantom. He stood by the side as we duelled, all very honorable, bows and everything

I won (not sure how) got a bow from the summoner and was sent back home

Very surreal but quite fun
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2014 22:08:15 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who's the dude locked in a cage at the top of the church in Undead Parish, and should I let him out or not?
  • EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 22:12:37 3,421 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FatsoJetson Heh.

You should, but what will you do with him then?
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2014 22:14:58 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @EMarkM kill him at some point I assume?
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2014 22:15:43 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    P.S. Don't worry about spoilers.
  • EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 22:17:35 3,421 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you want to see a nice bit of story play out (and you should), let him go...
  • FatsoJetson 12 Feb 2014 23:00:46 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok. Next question: which boss first? The demon in the lower burg or the gargoyles?
  • MadCaddy13 12 Feb 2014 23:42:26 2,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gargoyles is tougher, bring on a summon if you can
  • Huntcjna 12 Feb 2014 23:43:31 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FogHeart I do have the master key as my starting gift! Tell me about this wonderful shard farming paradise of which you speak!

Just killed Moonlight Butterfly on my second attempt and felt quite sad. Its quite unlike any of the previous fights and she didn't seem so bad. I assume its a she anyway. Lovely music and animation.

Given I am now hanging onto about 12,000 souls is it worth farming another 8,000 to buy the crest that I presume unlocks the door near the darkroot bonfire?
  • MadCaddy13 12 Feb 2014 23:52:43 2,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I stumbled on this butterfly by accident and got creamed. Can you beat it with just a sword n shield?
  • FatsoJetson 13 Feb 2014 00:20:45 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 the demon and his dogs flattened me in one go.

The gargoyles, however, went down in about 2 minutes with the help of my friend, the Knight Soltaire.
  • FogHeart 13 Feb 2014 00:30:04 987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Huntcjna First, from Firelink Shrine, head down the stairs near the misery guts, then find another staircase leading down. Use the lift you find to go to New Londo Ruins. Don't go anywhere near the flooded city, stay up near the lift. Near to it there's another circular tower with a locked door your key will open. You'll be in the Valley of Drakes, but not for long. Cross the chasm via the plank, then go into the nearby cave. You next face three fatsos with big clubs. Be careful, they hit very hard, but they are slow - very susceptible to backstabs. Just 'aggro' one at a time. Then use ladders to head down as quickly as possible - you'll be chased down by giant mosquitoes, and one weird thing that breathes fire but isn't strong or fast or big. There'll be a funky lift to go down the last bit. Then you'll be in the swamp. Here's the thing - the swamp is poisonous and slows you down. First point of business, find the nearby bonfire. After you're all the way down, if you put your nose to the nearest wall, make your way to your right. Two more fire breathers (known as cragspiders) before you get to it. It's in a tunnel.

If you face out from the tunnel, you want to travel to the opposite side of the swamp, and then to the left, and farm the leeches there. Make your way there with the minimum of time in the mud by using the 'islands', have your purple moss ready in case you get poisoned. There's a huge tree with a root that you can walk up sloping out of the swamp. It's got three leeches surrounding it. If you keep going onward, hitting walls that appear to be dead ends, you'll come to another bonfire. That's your base. Head back and find a good way to kill the leeches in the area with the minimum of time in the swamp. Sadly you'll be poisoned at some stage, but the poison isn't very strong. It'll be hard at first but you get the hang of it.
  • EMarkM 13 Feb 2014 06:34:31 3,421 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FogHeart Ah, the advanced course :)
  • Architect_z 13 Feb 2014 08:27:00 2,403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 - Moonlight Butterfly

You can destroy it with a sword, how? well... after it takes a good few shots at you, it has to rest (for some reason) so it will rest on the side of the walkway.

For this fight, it might be handy to wear armour that has good magic defence, a shield that has a good magic defence would also be handy if not mandatory.

Spoiler Alert: When it lands to rest, becareful, if it starts to charge up, i'd bail. If you need a good magic defence shield, try looking in the darkroot basin at that bottom of the pathways down. You should find the Grass Crest shield.

Edited by Architect_z at 08:29:07 13-02-2014
  • FogHeart 13 Feb 2014 12:12:39 987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Capra tips:-

He's all about the first five seconds of the fight. If you get through those the rest is far easier. Your problem is that the two dogs are fast and their hits, shielded or not, slow you down enough for Capra himself to get a heavy hit in. Then, if it's not depleted already, the dogs wear your stamina down further, you get stunlocked and that's all she wrote.

So, surprise suprise, don't be hit by the dogs. When you enter the fog one comes from the staircase and one from the back. You want to get up those stairs so the three assailants form an orderly queue to come up after you and you can safely dispose of the dogs, thus giving you space to move and time to plan against Capra's slow heavy attacks. The paradox is that in order to go up the stairs to the left, go to the right when you enter and don't lock on. Roll through the charging dogs. The one on the stairs will drop off after you, then you can go up.
  • MadCaddy13 13 Feb 2014 12:19:45 2,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z

Gah. I gave that shield to frampts gut.
    I gave a lot of stuff that might prove useful away, I may start again if I get incredibly stuck
  • FatsoJetson 13 Feb 2014 12:20:00 309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FogHeart great stuff, thanks. He's my challenge for tonight. Well, either him or the lightening demon thing in the room below Andre the Blacksmith in Undead Parish.

Thoughts on which to tackle first?
  • quadfather 13 Feb 2014 12:22:19 13,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FatsoJetson

Capra gives you progress in the game, lightning demon gives you demon titanite. Which do you need more?

• Page

of 1218 First / Last