• EMarkM 26 Nov 2013 13:37:34 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Titter.
  • Architect_z 26 Nov 2013 15:20:11 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Hollow Soldiers Waistcloth is the best item in the game. FACT!

Or at least I like it for all my characters ever since they nerfed Dusk Skirt all those moons ago...
    Why is it so good?
  • quadfather 26 Nov 2013 16:08:04 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks, innit

Edited by quadfather at 16:08:17 26-11-2013

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 26 November 2013 16:40:34
    Architect_z wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Hollow Soldiers Waistcloth is the best item in the game. FACT!

Or at least I like it for all my characters ever since they nerfed Dusk Skirt all those moons ago...
    Why is it so good?
    7 poise at a cost of 1.5 item weight. Maxed out at +10 I find it invaluable for PvP. Seeing as it is lighter than the majority of the skirts that offer no poise but slightly higher resistance defences.

It is my Batman Utility Belt for pretty mcuh every character I make. YMMV however :)
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 16:40:51
    quadfather wrote:
    Looks, innit
    Plus this ^
  • Deleted user 26 November 2013 16:52:33
    @Ironlungs76 agreed. Awesome for pvp.

Plus I can see my lumpy barbarians shapely pins
  • EMarkM 26 Nov 2013 21:45:25 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, I've got a bit done tonight.

Raced from Anor Londo back to Undead Burg, picking up the Blue Tearstone ring which I had previously never got around to doing.

Spent my 20,000 souls at Andre's and got the you-know-what for the you-know-where.

Found the hidden thingy by the you-know-where after spotting a helpful message which I was more than happy to +1.

Went into you-know-where and spent AGES trying to find the blacksmith. Never saw a sign of her/him, but did join a rather interesting club and got heavily mauled by three giant vole-bastards. Ended up spending most of my time in that area running around like a trouserless fool. Spotted the ladders down to you-know-who, but never did find that damned smith.

Safely returned to Andre's to buy some large arrows, rest and quit.

ToDo before going back to Anor Londo: butterfly boss thingy and FIND THAT BLIMMIN' SMITH :)
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 08:33:45 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @EMarkM - I was with you all the way till you said blacksmith. Whatchoo talkin bout?

• EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 08:36:01 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Andre keeps saying there's a "divine blacksmith" in the Gardens that forges divine weapons to help adventurers in "the catacombs".

Maybe it's a lie: I'm slowly starting to realise that all is not well in this world...

Edit: no spoilers! I'm really enjoying the world unfold in front of me :)

Edited by EMarkM at 08:40:19 27-11-2013
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 08:40:31 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reet. Fury on +4. Hollow waistcoat - check. Siegmeyers quest line up to date - check. Couple of endurance points/armour swap for ultra roll - oh yes.

Lightning shotel in back pocket
    Black bow about 8

Spent half hour in depths and due to furyswords awesomeness, thats enough time to get 5 large shards, 5 green shards and 26 humanity.

Gonna need some jolliyness for help with 4k next. Though I'm in a dilemma. I want the alternative cut scene with sif. But that would mean dlc. Erk. Also need to choose between frampt and kaathe too. Hm

• quadfather 27 Nov 2013 08:41:11 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @EMarkM - ah right. With you. Yup, he's right. There is one.

• EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 08:47:05 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather I think I've been everywhere now except where the butterfly is, so I'm guessing that's where. The only other puzzle is the large grave with loads of warning messages about a boss that didn't seem to ever appear. Maybe something triggers it later on...
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 08:51:35 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @EMarkM - hmm. Thats interesting. This grave you say? Big door just before by any chance? Sort of foreboding?

• Deleted user 27 November 2013 09:27:42
    It's a popular location for dogging so I hear... :)
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 09:37:07 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Very good.

Now, about my dilemma? :)

• Deleted user 27 November 2013 09:43:34
    I hadn't forgotten, just trying to remember how I did it ;)

1) Nice progress :)
    2) I did the same with Seigmeyer and I also got a lucky slab drop off a lizard so I had 3 items maxed out before end of NG - very handy
    3) I didn't get any help with 4K, just tank 'n spanked them with Fury - dead easy fwiw
    4) no idea on DLC as I don't own it :(
  • EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 09:44:35 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather At the far end of that area. Way past the cat and stuff, along some bridges and changes in elevation. Not sure I can remember a door, but the grave has a MASSIVE sword sticking out of it. The whole area is round in shape and almost completely surrounded by a stream of water with a couple of little waterfalls.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2013 10:13:31
    @EMarkM

Short of any spoilers, all I'll say is you didn't investigate the area through the arch fully enough...
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 10:19:16 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    I hadn't forgotten, just trying to remember how I did it ;)

1) Nice progress :)
    2) I did the same with Seigmeyer and I also got a lucky slab drop off a lizard so I had 3 items maxed out before end of NG - very handy
    3) I didn't get any help with 4K, just tank 'n spanked them with Fury - dead easy fwiw
    4) no idea on DLC as I don't own it :(
    I haven't done depths boss, so siegmeyer is kinda stuck at firelink. I'm guessing he'll be in shitetown if I go the back entrance there though? I'd like to not fuck it up this time for the reward.

No slabs yet, and half my weapons need chunks now.

Armour for 4k's or just go for it?

DLC will be extremely tricky with an elemental weapon. I could take the halberd to 15, but not sure if it'll cut it. And I'd have to do a lot of the DLC to get the alternative cut scene.

Course, I could fuck the cutscene off I suppose.

Might get some more humanity and then do silver knights for a bit to get stats up + I want a silver knights shield till I get the next fury

Then maybe item I need for abyss, then 4k, then kaathe, then open it all up? Plan maybe?

Warping is speeding it up nicely though

• quadfather 27 Nov 2013 10:20:44 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @quadfather At the far end of that area. Way past the cat and stuff, along some bridges and changes in elevation. Not sure I can remember a door, but the grave has a MASSIVE sword sticking out of it. The whole area is round in shape and almost completely surrounded by a stream of water with a couple of little waterfalls.
    Yesssssss, I thought as much.

As Ironlungs says, more exploration is needed there.

Or maybe less.... :)

• EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 10:31:09 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmmm. The only OTHER other puzzle is a white ring very much like the Sen's/Anor yellow one. A message nearby said "try miracle" but my healing spell achieved nothing. This was much closer to the beginning of the area, though, not by the "grave".

I did find one or two bits of treasure around the grave, and thought I had explored very thoroughly. "More or less exploration", eh? Hmmm indeed...
  • Deleted user 27 November 2013 10:35:45
    The white rings aren't anything to do with it - they are called Miracle Resonances. Basically they are 'echoes' of other players using miracles in those spots. If you also use a similar miracle in that area then the effect is multiplied (so casting Heal, for example, will heal more than it usually would).
  • EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 10:39:39 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ironlungs76 There is SO MUCH to learn in this game.

Wish I'd been there with some of you guys at the beginning.

Maybe for DkS2 :)
  • robc84 27 Nov 2013 10:50:56 5,619 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wasnt feeling well last night but thought I'd get on for a bit to distract myself from the nausea. Didn't really work. Although I did manage to defeat capra. He is not too bad once them pesky dogs are dealt with. Onto the depths next I guess.

Do enemies respawn when you kill a boss and / or leave an area? I went from firelink to capra via the sewer shortcut killing all the enemies on the way. Then on my way back all the enemies outside the sewer (plus the rat) had respawned. I thought they only respawned when you rested at a bonfire?
  • EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 10:59:26 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84 I had exactly that. Think it might be a glitch with Capra as I haven't seen it before or since.

The first undead on the way back to Firelink really put the shits up me. I must have assumed I'd left the rat alive, but when I popped out of the door...bastard!
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2013 11:01:38 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - Done well, that man. Capra out of the way is a very good thing.

Funny you should mention that about the enemies spawning.

Last night, I went from firelink to depths. Didn't rest at a bonfire. Came back to buy some arrows from undead female merchant and then went back to firelink to go somewhere else.

But on the way back to firelink, the same enemies you're on about had respawned in my game too. Confused the fuck out of me, but I just put it down to 'I must have rested at a bonfire'. But I know I didnt

• quadfather 27 Nov 2013 11:03:19 12,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @Ironlungs76 There is SO MUCH to learn in this game.

Wish I'd been there with some of you guys at the beginning.

Maybe for DkS2 :)
    Should have seen us lot at the start when it first came out. No one had a fucking scooby about it. Was hilarious

There's also these weird things that spawn sometimes. I've completely forgotten what they're called though

It'll come to me in a minute

• Deleted user 27 November 2013 11:09:03
    @quadfather

Vagrants?
  • EMarkM 27 Nov 2013 11:17:16 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had one unexpected human turn up at New Londo Ruins or whatever it's called - the place at the bottom of Firelink. Dealt with him sharpish, but he surprised me at the time.

Now I come to think of it, I was reminded of him when I turned up in "that place" in the Gardens last night: a mage and a few random herberts knocking about. I thought they may be the "bandits" mentioned in the loading screen text once.
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last