Dark Souls Page 899

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• EMarkM 27 Oct 2013 20:43:56 3,426 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Yeah as Zulu says, you can farm whenever you want, assuming the depths is accessible that is. Have you, er, ever encountered the boss of the lower undead burg?
    Thanks Zulu and Quad.

I've not seen the boss of Lower Undead Burg yet; I only went down there once and got twatted by the three assassin-type thingies that come at you at once :(

Have already managed to get one Humanity from the lone rat between Firelink and Undead Burg, so it's working.

I think I had read someone mentioning "The Depths" and I then thought you could only get Humanity from rats after visiting that location. There must just be more of them there, I suppose.

Edited by EMarkM at 20:44:45 27-10-2013
  • ZuluHero 27 Oct 2013 20:49:14 4,302 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah there's a spot in the depths where you can get a lot of them in one place. They're really close to a bonfire too, so you can just run in kill them collect what they drop then back to the bonfire to reset. You can increase the chance they drop stuff with a certain item :)
  • EMarkM 27 Oct 2013 20:56:31 3,426 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right-oh. Don't know where The Depths are exactly, but I'm guessing, after Lower U B.
  • the_dudefather 27 Oct 2013 21:01:15 9,418 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dr_Mech Cheers for the tips, have a Zweihander that I might upgrade a bit, need to get the rest of my equipment sorted

Up to Nito now, but man, this boss is pretty grueling

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Dr_Mech 27 Oct 2013 21:04:03 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Grab a Divine weapon, use it to kill off the skeletons so they don't come back and then switch to something harder hitting for the boss. If you found the Occult Club in Anor Londo you can get it downgraded to a Divine Club +5.

Also, as you've probably found out, don't move too far, if you keep Nito in that little area the big Skeletons don't aggro

Edited by Dr_Mech at 21:04:36 27-10-2013
  • Deleted user 27 October 2013 21:04:57
    @EMarkM

The Depths are below the Undead Burg, you go down to it after killing the Capra Demon / dogs behind the fog gate.

A few tips for farming Humanity:

Wear the Serpent Ring, you can find it in Sen’s Fortress.
    Be human.
    Have 10 active humanity.

Run around The Depths over and over again killing all the rats in the whole place, before going to a bonfire and starting again. I got about 100 Humanity in a couple of hours doing this.
  • Dr_Mech 27 Oct 2013 21:05:55 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @Dr_Mech Live not letting me send messages for some reason :-S

Nailed them :-D

Third attempt. Iron flesh and stone set with crest shield, large club +14 and charcoal resin. Didn't even see a fourth king...

Well done knuckle you useless barbarian. Your reward is to spend the rest of your days invading in blighttown and new Londo :-)
    Yeah I had that problem too with regards the no messages :(. Still Congrats, perhaps one day our infested Barbarian Paths will cross!
  • EMarkM 27 Oct 2013 21:08:01 3,426 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @lukejones All understood. Cheers Luke.
  • the_dudefather 27 Oct 2013 21:14:08 9,418 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dr_Mech yeah, have the divine club and sliver knight spear (which has divine damage)

Can take out the 3 skeletons, but need more practice for Nito himself

Edited by the_dudefather at 21:14:36 27-10-2013

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 27 October 2013 21:18:59
    @Dr_Mech indeed! Mine is now a happy chappy invading the upper levels of blighttown! The journey is at an end, I can finally have him fulfill his duties of being a clumsy haphazard and occasionally lethal grief merchant. Fought four so far. Killed one just to keep up appearances but happy just to fart toxic clouds everywhere and smash pots before rolling off the sides. Knuckle has earned his retirement.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2013 21:21:58
    @the_dudefather also if I recall one of nito's attacks kills the skellies for you. He emits some kind of force thing. That's always a good point to wade in a thwack him.
  • Dr_Mech 27 Oct 2013 23:17:54 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @the_dudefather

Treat him like you would the four Kings, put on your heaviest armour (Havel's set if you have it), two hand your weapon and chug an Estus every time you get low. Just wail on him, this pretty much sums up the tactic for three of the four bosses in the second half of the game.
  • fiery_jackass 27 Oct 2013 23:33:45 554 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alternatively: nito is weak to fire. Get close, pyro him up a treat.
  • the_dudefather 27 Oct 2013 23:39:40 9,418 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pyromancy isn't effected by player stats right (aside from attunment slots)? Just the upgrades you've done with the pyro hand?

Been using some magic, comes in useful sometimes

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Dr_Mech 28 Oct 2013 00:11:57 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah why Pyro is loved for soul level 1 runs, a maxed out Pyro glove and spells like great combustion can deal a lot of damage quite quickly.
  • DodgyPast 28 Oct 2013 00:17:04 8,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do love the feeling of improvement. Going after some huge dog in the forest which I should be able to kill but keep fluffing.

Thought I'd nailed agroing the ranger guys individually but with 20k of souls sitting where the dog was managed to get the cleric, assassin type guy and the mage all on me at once.

Was sure I was a goner but managed to get to the mage then pull the assassin away from the cleric then down the cleric at my leisure.

Fortunately my souls had dropped close to the bridge. Nabbed them and legged it back to the bonfire to level up a couple of times.
  • quadfather 28 Oct 2013 14:51:20 13,365 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's great when you master the forest goons. I remember the first time in there and they'd hand my arse to me. But constant practice soon put paid to wankers in the end. Love fighting them now even on lower level characters

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 28 October 2013 19:49:30
    FUCK!

Just lost 99 Hum and 30m+ souls in Undead temple. Lost a Gravelord fight and stupidly unhollowed at Andre and died to an invasion on the way back to my soul pile.

Fucksticks :(

That character was the tits, it'll take ages to build her back up again :D
  • Deleted user 28 October 2013 20:33:33
    @Ironlungs76 OUCH!!!! You have my sincere sympathies.

Don't think I'll ever build manage to build a char up that much.

Mind you, Knuckle the rotting barbarian had a great time invading in blighttown last night. Collected a very abusive voice message too. Which was odd, seeing as how I comedy ran at the guy, farted in his face and he killed me.

Anyway he has enough humanity now to have his very own red orb. I'm so proud. Next step for the thick headed one is to get a parasitic egg and grow that baby with souls so he can bite people.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 20:38:03 28-10-2013
  • Deleted user 28 October 2013 20:41:24
    @BillCityfingers

Shit happens - it's not the first time :)
    I had a "rotten" invader a while back - full on - lasted head-thing from the Spider-Woman and everything - lasted about 2 days - in practice sadly its bollocks :(
  • Deleted user 28 October 2013 21:12:42
    @Ironlungs76 Oh I don't know. Quite enjoying myself so far. That was another little half hour on there. Eight deaths and three kills. He's just my pick up and play fun-time guy. I'm going to concentrate on my thief build now as quite enjoying it. Like the speed and mobility although I am pretty crap at my parry/ripostes. Need to practice a bit I think although it's satisfying when I pull it off. Tried it on the Berenike knight in the parish though and couldn't seem to parry him. Take it guys that are big enough you can't parry?
  • Dr_Mech 29 Oct 2013 02:02:07 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any of you guys got a good suggestio for a 20 strength/16 dex weapon to use prior to getting the Obsidian Greatsword?

My options are as follows:
    Claymore (old faithful).
    Flamberge (bleed makes certain bosses a lot easier).
    Gargoyle Halberd (decent allrounder).
  • Architect_z 29 Oct 2013 13:22:52 2,412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Any of you guys got a good suggestio for a 20 strength/16 dex weapon to use prior to getting the Obsidian Greatsword?

My options are as follows:
    Claymore (old faithful).
    Flamberge (bleed makes certain bosses a lot easier).
    Gargoyle Halberd (decent allrounder).
    Katanas

But the best weapon is obviously Caestus!
  • Architect_z 29 Oct 2013 13:25:58 2,412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    It's great when you master the forest goons. I remember the first time in there and they'd hand my arse to me. But constant practice soon put paid to wankers in the end. Love fighting them now even on lower level characters
    I genuinely enjoy taking on enemies that are very much like human characters. Theres that crystal knight in the dukes on your way up to the first fight with seath. I love kicking his ass. They should have areas dominated by these kind of characters.
    Dark souls 2 maybe?
  • quadfather 29 Oct 2013 13:36:58 13,365 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What, the prequel? :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 29 October 2013 20:47:41
    I love how turning invader gives you a different look at the dynamics of certain areas. Like right now I'm pissing about in lower blighttown invading, what I thought would be folk making a run for Quelaag. 3 times out of four though I invade and end up at the pit behind the bonfire to watch a duel take place. Brilliant! I either get invited down to take one on or I watch and fight the winner. All of a sudden nobody gives a toss about the bad guys, they're just, there.
  • Dr_Mech 30 Oct 2013 05:02:11 1,050 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alright peeps.

Hardest boss in Dark Souls (including DLC) when playing solo with no Phantom?

Now for my top three picks (in no particular order) are the following:
    1) Ornstein and Smough:
    The first half is difficult anyway, the second half not so much so. Frequently able to blindside you, requires a lot of patience and only able to strike when you know you won't be punished for it.

2) Kalameet:
    This guy has a fuckton of attacks and loves to casually fuck you up at any range. Mobility is really the key in this fight, fatrolling isn't an option unless you happen to be cosplaying Havel where his Greatshield blocks a decent chunk of the damage from all but his Calamity attack.

3) Maus:
    Ridiculously aggressive, lots of different attacks, like Gwyn on steroids. Once again cosplaying as Havel here makes the fight much easier due to the high stability and magic block on his greatshield.

This leads me to one conclusion, Havel in his prime was basically the toughest bastard to ever walk the face of the Earth, combine his anti-magic field miracle with his resistances and his armour set and boom, motherfucker could just end people.
  • DodgyPast 30 Oct 2013 08:23:24 8,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gaping Dragon downed on my 3rd attempt without humanity loss.

12 humanity lost in Blight Town ( stupidly of course)

Running Thief Armour set at +3, +5 spider shield and +10 BSS so should be okay to explore and get to know it without any humanity.

Oh... And watching a video I finally discovered why I've never successfully back stabbed... Learnt to drop my shield block momentarily.

Edited by DodgyPast at 08:29:43 30-10-2013
  • Architect_z 30 Oct 2013 09:55:01 2,412 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - His Dragontooth weapon ups resistance to magic and fire even further.
    I did a cosplay run with paladin leeroy. With fully upgraded paladin set and wrath of gods and grant, I was practically unstopable.

The Paladin set is easily one of the best armour sets at +5.
  • Deleted user 30 October 2013 10:00:24
    @DodgyPast Yup, can't backstab when blocking! You skulking around in Blighttown now then?
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last