Dark Souls Page 826

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 July 2013 13:25:34
    @zoranzelenika lot's of good things to be found in the painted world. The phalanx is great for farming souls too. Just make sure you use fire on the fatheads or you'll go toxic.
  • zoranzelenika 7 Jul 2013 15:56:34 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Unless there's some fire things to find there or a merchant I'm stuck on my several Pyromancy charges per run, not sure it'll be enough as there seems to be a whole lotta baloonheads eager to intoxicate me.

Ah well...time to buckle up.
  • ProfessorLesser 7 Jul 2013 16:22:56 19,356 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kill them at a distance, I found poking with the lightning spear was usually berth enough. Try and have a cute handy though because it will happen eventually!
  • LeoliansBro 8 Jul 2013 08:24:22 43,610 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got him! Fucking got Gwyn didn't I, the jumpy stabby fuck. Stood over him as he collapsed and dissolved LIKE A BOSS.

And finding NG+ easier than I thought, but I can see that falling off a cliff as the enemies get tougher and my weapons stay the same.

Also, here's a thought for Monday morning - what's the best looking outfit combo out there. Back when I was a fatarse monk I went with full Catarina and the Boar Helm, looked like Obelix in sheet metal. Now I've goine for full black knight but with Lautrec's golden helm, looks the absolute business.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 8 Jul 2013 08:31:58 11,959 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do you want style or protection?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• LeoliansBro 8 Jul 2013 08:35:25 43,610 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Style. Always.

• ProfessorLesser 8 Jul 2013 09:49:48 19,356 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I grew very fond of my Eastern Armour/Crimson Waistcloth combo, until the Paladin Armour outstripped it and now I look like a wash-lady :(
  • Telepathic.Geometry 8 Jul 2013 10:24:51 11,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If it's style you're after, go talk to Artorias in the Abyss... THAT is style.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Deleted user 8 July 2013 10:44:34
    I'm loving the black iron armour set but also wearing havels sometimes although it makes me feel like a bit of a melon.

Also I made my +10 zweihander into a lightning +4 (til I get a slab). I'm rocking about 600 damage per hit good lord I LOVE it.

@zoranzelenika in the painted world myself now, yeah, like the prof says if you don't have fire kill them at a distance. I forgot my first run through I was using a scimitar as a wanderer which has a nifty slice and leap back combo attack that worked. The zwei is good as has long reach so long as I roll back. Just steamed through that first section and got toxic but carried on and opened the doors at the phalanx so I don't have to meet all those ones again. Just got a couple in the annexe to face.
  • quadfather 8 Jul 2013 11:18:10 11,959 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Style. Always.
    See what you think of the shadow leggings
    Then maybe the brigand gauntlets (might have got the name wrong, but They're fairly gold-ish in colour)
    Then maybe the painting guardian robe
    I normally go with the gargoyle helm or no helm at all

Could swap out the guardian robe if you don't like the contrast in colours

Edit - this is for a female char by the way. I'd probably choose something different for a male character. Maybe a mix up of elite/black iron for heavy duty look, or black leather/shadow for agile look

Edited by quadfather at 11:19:15 08-07-2013

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 8 Jul 2013 12:55:47 2,385 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm currently bossing PvP. My character only has black/gold hemmed skirt and Gwynns crown on (suprisingly, it has the best Lightning defence out of all my helmets, and pretty good fire defence too.)

Using Ornsteins Spear 2handed.

My character with just these things looks pretty damn evil when im a red invader.

Edited by Architect_z at 12:56:44 08-07-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Jul 2013 14:21:50 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right now I have an Anor Londo helper who wears

Giant helmet
    Warrior armour
    Sunbro gloves
    Thief boots

Remember, the first impression is super important...

• Aretak 8 Jul 2013 15:18:07 10,350 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still like the complete Wanderer set for aesthetics. Looks great combined with an Uchigatana.
  • matrim83 8 Jul 2013 18:48:53 5,587 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like the classic Elite Knight Armor set. Makes for a very classy look with a Baller sword and a shield.

Valar morghulis.

• Dr_Mech 8 Jul 2013 23:16:29 1,014 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh was chatting to one of the guys at my new place of work and...he also plays Dark Souls, nifty!

Seems like Dark Souls players are few but they crop up everywhere.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 23:17:33 08-07-2013
  • Elathron 9 Jul 2013 11:19:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Giants Boots;
    Giants Gloves;
    Black Iron Armour;
    Black Iron Helm.
    Greatsword;
    Grass Crest Shield.
    And I can still roll fast :p
    Seriously, this setup offers great protection seeing as magic can mostly be dodged (unless you're fighting a lagging "uber dark bead" user).
    Oh, and I've been away running a branch of a clan in Black Ops 2; takes soooo much time :confused:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Shikasama 9 Jul 2013 11:22:32 6,697 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think if this pops up in the steam sale it's going to be difficult to resits.

Although one of my rules is not buying a game I've already completed.
  • Deleted user 9 July 2013 11:30:13
    Here we go again... Anor Londo and everytime I go human for O+S I get invaded yaaaaawn.

Looks like I'll need to go offline and just summon Solaire as I did first time round.

Mind you, considering most of the invaders are blue it's probably my own fault for killing so many npcs and breaking about 3 covenants. Whoooops.

Last one I led him a merry dance up and down the stairs for twenty minutes before foiling him by going through the boss fog and homeward boning it. Ha ha, eat that spirit of vengeance.
  • Elathron 9 Jul 2013 11:30:15 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Shikasama But that's what DaS is all about... Grinding through endlessly towards what? The endless satisfaction of spanking invaders with a big shiny sword, that's what.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 9 Jul 2013 11:32:30 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - You know you could just go back a few steps and repent your sins... I just slayed Gwynevere because I want those blue f***ers in my world now, I've done invading as them so now it's time to change the rules a bit :D

• Deleted user 9 July 2013 11:35:40
    @Elathron Oh! To whatsis name on the roof of the church? Forgot about that, nice. I wouldn't mind but I'm bollocks at PvP. Invaders just laugh at me.

I'll still get invaded by angry red bastards I'll bet though, anyway to minimise invasions altogether?
  • Aretak 9 Jul 2013 11:42:37 10,350 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I'll still get invaded by angry red bastards I'll bet though, anyway to minimise invasions altogether?
    Join one of the co-op covenants (Way of White, Warrior of Sunlight or Princess's Guard). It greatly lowers your chances of being invaded.
  • Elathron 9 Jul 2013 11:43:25 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes. But you you're not going to like the answer: Joining the Princess guard seems to have the greatest effect; after that Sunbro & WotW. The angry red bastards are easy. Open the big door and leave the bridge open, if you get invaded then hare tail it to the bridge and flip the switch. The bridge will turn and the invader can suck eggs as he can't get over the gap. Many of them just leap to their deaths (cue manic laughter). If they don't leave then have a cuppa; they won't stay long.

Edited by Elathron at 11:43:37 09-07-2013

• azurelas_2 9 Jul 2013 11:44:50 1,111 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Telepathic.Geometry
    You can actually talk to artorias?
  • Elathron 9 Jul 2013 11:50:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @azurelas_2 - The end of his sword? Yes. I suppose you can in a way if you consider "argh!!!" "Ughhh" & "Gnh" words worth saying to him :D

• Deleted user 9 July 2013 11:54:13
    How do I join Warrior of Sunlight?
  • Elathron 9 Jul 2013 12:02:12 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Speak to Solaire in the Undead Parish by the Bonfire (under the Wyvern). He's standing by the fallen statue of the Sun God; Gwyn's firstborn.

Oh and you need to have 15 or 20 faith. Or have your faith + the number of bosses you've defeated in another players world = 15 or 20, I can never remember which.

Edited by Elathron at 12:03:42 09-07-2013

• LeoliansBro 9 Jul 2013 12:05:13 43,610 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooh, very cleverly worded Elathron.

• Page

of 1198 First / Last