Dark Souls Page 822

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 10:52:42 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One addendum Bill:

I love the Zwei. I'm so used to it I know when to swing to avoid getting hit and make sure I contact. That's why I took it to +15. BUT bearing in mind the scarcity of Titanite slabs, if you are building for strength it only scales on a C. There are other weapons that scale better and may be proportionately more suited to a build scaling off your strength. Man Serpent Greatsword is smaller but faster, has a respectable base damage (110 vs 130 for the Zwei) and has an overhead smash of sorts, scales on an A.

...who am I kidding? Do the Zwei anyway, it's the shizzle.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 10:54:05 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I have forgone the ring of favour and protection this time. You do notice the drop in health and stamina but after a while it's worth it. Much better having a choice of two rings as opposed to one.
    Not wearing the Ring of Favour and Protection, never have. Havel's ring only.

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 10:55:01
    Oh wait. I can't even wield the Zwei.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 10:57:31 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Should I move from Claymore to Zwei? I have a shit load of weapons but I like the range my Claymore gives me.
    I love the Claymore, was the weapon I chose for my first run through. The Zwei absolutely chugs through your stamina and the Claymore is a lot more forgiving, plus it scales C on dex against the Zwei's D so if you're putting a fair few points that way it could be the better option.

You don't get to smash which may cause trouble in certain parts of the game (TotG) but it's a great weapon and if its working for you, stick with it. Plus you can use the Leo ring.

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 10:59:42 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    I have forgone the ring of favour and protection this time. You do notice the drop in health and stamina but after a while it's worth it. Much better having a choice of two rings as opposed to one.
    Not wearing the Ring of Favour and Protection, never have. Havel's ring only.
    You don't wear any other ring at all?
    None permanently is what I mean. Steel Protection normally, others as required. Cursebite for Seath is particularly funny, in Havel's armour with cursebite and full health you can survive Seath's cursed crystals by simply jogging out of them and having a beverage.

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 11:22:27 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I hear that, fatrolling can't be countenanced.

One last thing on the Zwei - it does have a darker cousin. If the Zwei is Bruce Wayne, the Dark Knight Greatsword is Batman.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 11:25:33 02-07-2013

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 11:23:19 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha - meant Black Knight Greatsword but I think that gets to stay.

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 13:04:13
    @LeoliansBro So have you been upping your dex too then?
  • LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 13:45:56 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Eventually (you need 18 dex for Black Knight Axe). I:

1) took my strength to 24 to wield the Zwei. (can't remember if I needed to pimp dex in there as well)

2) went mental on endurance

3) took my strength to 40

4) took dex to 18.

4) went mental on endurance

I'm now soul level 73 I think. 40 str 40 end 18 dex and I put a couple in vit and int ahead of New Game +

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 13:47:07 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And please don't think I'm some expert on this game. I've only created three characters for it and never completed it (fucken Gwyn). I just love the intricacies of the character build and the fluidity of the combat system.

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 14:10:14
    Yeah but you're further than me with a zwei and getting on good! You are my inspiration :p

And I only killed Gwyn by summoning help, naughty I know. In all fairness the guy wasn't much use but bought me time.
  • -Eks 2 Jul 2013 14:26:47 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Didn't like the look of New Londo ruins (that parrying bastard put me off) so I've just spent ages destroying everything in Anor Londo for shits and giggles, pretty sure I've done everything you can there. Got me 45,000 souls out of it to upgrade my stuff. Rocking +10's on the Balder Side Sword, Ricards Rapier (just cos it looks cool) and Balder Shield. Might actually try co-op for a bit now, not sure I'll be much help but I can try!

Need to start pumping stats into Faith, I've got a +5 Divine BSS and Uchigatana but they don't put out as much damage as normal dex scaling versions.

Fucking love this game.
  • quadfather 2 Jul 2013 14:45:12 11,975 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    /fucking bss drop rate for others

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 14:45:45 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found one at the top of Sens the other day.

• quadfather 2 Jul 2013 14:46:11 11,975 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did you now? I'm so pleased for you :p

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 14:50:17
    Is there more to London Ruins than all those annoying ghosts, then? I went in, collected all the things I could find and killed as many ghosts as I could using the transient curse. But unfortunately in doing so got down to my last flask and homeward boned before I got royally fucked.

I honestly feel like I'm playing this like a proper noob. I should have completed it twice over by now.
  • quadfather 2 Jul 2013 14:51:48 11,975 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @HairyArse - if you go further in, there's some other guys down near the bottom

Don't worry about it - you've only just realistically got your head around it and already poking around in new londo. Took me over 60 hours to get my head around it all.

It's these pesky kids with all the time in the world I blame

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 14:59:29 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My first playthrough was 87 hours. I'm at the same point now on my new character at 27 hours. The complete speedrun, killing all bosses and all DLC is 1 hr 44 mnis O_O

No rush, and New Londo is a cunt.

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 15:30:43 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How would you otherwise suggest doing Sens ;)

• matrim83 2 Jul 2013 15:40:13 5,587 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The guy who holds the all bosses speed run also holds the normal speedrun record (54 minutes-ish). Dude is a Dark Souls machine. His Twitch channel -

http://www.twitch.tv/santzo84

Well worth following if are into Twitch at all.

Edited by matrim83 at 15:40:44 02-07-2013

Valar morghulis.

• LeoliansBro 2 Jul 2013 16:55:17 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What are your stats Hairy? If you're using and liking the Claymore, I've a cursed greatsword that might be right up your street.

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 20:35:39
    Awesome, there is a dark souls level in the new borderlands 2 dlc. :)
  • LeoliansBro 3 Jul 2013 10:10:48 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do NOT remember the Firesage demon being such a complete BITCH. I'd head down the cheekster shortcut but I want the Orange Lava ring.

Lost Izalith really is dogshit.

• SlackMaster 3 Jul 2013 10:49:36 3,132 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I gave up for a while but am thinking of getting back into this once I complete the last of us. I got a bit stuck on SEN's fortress. Playing as a Mage, but the lizard men are tough and you're forced into tight rooms where you have no time for magic. I've never really learned how to parry properly yet and I'm only carrying a +5 long sword as my strength and dexterity aren't high enough for anything else, so fighting the lizards with melee attacks is getting me killed.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• LeoliansBro 3 Jul 2013 10:53:22 43,672 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get the long sword to +10 for a start, or maybe make it divine or magic.

• Page

of 1198 First / Last