Dark Souls Page 818

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Architect_z 28 Jun 2013 13:16:49 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I always die by not realising i'm blocking with a talisman instead of my shield, lost a couple of invasions that way. lol
  • ProfessorLesser 28 Jun 2013 13:40:14 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Have you all tried razzing around skyrim after a heavy session of dark souls?
    Nope, because Skyrim was boring as fuck even before playing Dark Souls!
  • quadfather 28 Jun 2013 13:47:35 12,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, there's that too :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 14:25:59
    Fuck me the frame rate in Blighttown makes it almost unplayable.
  • LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 14:34:14 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know. Real low point.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 14:40:39
    It is a bit poo. Must be all the sticks.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2013 14:41:37
    Where's the bonfire there? I keep having to make my way down to it from Firelink Shrine and through the Valley of Drakes. Takes me ages.

Spammed the big dragon with 100 arrows.
  • Dr_Mech 28 Jun 2013 14:42:29 1,021 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think my worst is trying to block Nito with a skull lantern because I forgot to switch back to my shield.

Smooth move there...real smooth.

If you're coming in the back way (ooh matron) then once you get off the waterwheel and hit the shitty ground of Blight town, hang a left and follow the wall, there is a tunnel there with the bonfire inside it.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 14:43:47 28-06-2013
  • LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 15:27:10 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ... I never knew about the cage shortcut in Sens...

...FUCK...

• ProfessorLesser 28 Jun 2013 15:31:00 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really should've been able to warp to that bonfire in Blighttown. If you're going to create an infuriating map, and include the ability to fast-travel, there's an obvious outcome that should be easy to avoid if you don't want to piss off players...
  • LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 15:35:12 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can warp to the spider lady, which is almost the same difference.

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 15:55:07
    @LeoliansBro Really? You didn't know about the cage?

It's great for going up, not so much going down when you appear right next to a willy head and have another willyhead up high throwing lightning at your face.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 15:55:33 28-06-2013
  • quadfather 28 Jun 2013 16:05:45 12,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    haha

• LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 16:15:40 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've always assumed there wasn't a shortcut in Sens because when you know what you're doing it's a piece of piss.

What's the drop rate like for Flamberge btw? I fancy one of those as a fire weapon, a greatsword with bleed is downright nasty.

• ProfessorLesser 28 Jun 2013 16:21:31 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It really isn't, trudging all the way across Quelaag's lair and navigating boulder chucking brutes and open stretches of poison sludge isn't my idea of express travel! Daughter of Chaos bonfire is already pulling double shifts as a Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith warp-point. There are three in Anor Londo ffs.
  • Dr_Mech 28 Jun 2013 16:22:56 1,021 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @BillCityfingers

It's worse going up cause the "willyhead" (lol) attacks you before you get in the cage.

Hilariously he managed to get inside the cage with me the other day and we had a jolly ride together!
    Now all I can think of is Goodfella and Snakeman trapped in the lift sharing a romantic moment while this plays:
  • LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 16:24:03 43,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It really isn't, trudging all the way across Quelaag's lair and navigating boulder chucking brutes and open stretches of poison sludge isn't my idea of express travel! Daughter of Chaos bonfire is already pulling double shifts as a Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith warp-point. There are three in Anor Londo ffs.
    Yeah that is true. I guess it depends why you're going down there.

• Deleted user 28 June 2013 16:39:04
    Goodfella wrote:
    @BillCityfingers

It's worse going up cause the "willyhead" (lol) attacks you before you get in the cage.

Hilariously he managed to get inside the cage with me the other day and we had a jolly ride together!
    Ha ha ha I'll bet he was well pissed off.
  • quadfather 28 Jun 2013 17:02:41 12,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I've always assumed there wasn't a shortcut in Sens because when you know what you're doing it's a piece of piss.

What's the drop rate like for Flamberge btw? I fancy one of those as a fire weapon, a greatsword with bleed is downright nasty.
    Pretty sure the flamberge drop rate is fairly common.

Either that it dark souls is compensating me with the lack of bss drops

• Dangerous_Dan 28 Jun 2013 17:15:41 2,380 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech

So, in other words, it was a perfectly fine asexual moment where both started singing, out of the blue, to not have that awkward silence in a confined space.
  • oldschoolsoviet 28 Jun 2013 18:06:52 5,460 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Embarrassing deaths ? Just witnessed a peach.

Host is obviously clued up, Moonlight Blade, Sunlight Maggot for lols, flicking through spells and casting all sorts of buffs, singlehandedly parries and backstabs everything on route to O&S, NG++ judging by the souls,and we began.....

Five steps through the fog, and Orn flashes past me, and I spun the camera round to see the host skewered, despite the invisibility, the buffs and all else. No armour, and a OHK, after five seconds. Cue facepalm emote.
  • Dr_Mech 28 Jun 2013 19:10:15 1,021 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @Dr_Mech

So, in other words, it was a perfectly fine asexual moment where both started singing, out of the blue, to not have that awkward silence in a confined space.
    Pretty much, it was that or make idle chitchat...and I don't think the Snakemen and Snakewomen of Sens do anything interesting enough to keep that going.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2013 22:08:08
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @Dr_Mech

Pretty much, it was that or make idle chitchat...and I don't think the Snakemen and Snakewomen of Sens do anything interesting enough to keep that going.
    You never know, you might find you have something in common. A mutual love of cask ales, or perhaps sharing an interest in late flowering shrubs.

Now... How do I wake up that lazy shit kingseeker Frank when he's sleeping? I want the fat worm to eat some weapons.
  • captainlk 28 Jun 2013 22:32:22 33 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Do people still find it easy to get summoned to help with bosses?

I've just beaten the four kings and fancy engaging in some jolly coop with some other needy chaps, but after standing by my summon sign outside the fog gate for 30 mins I'm getting no action.

I'm SL58 on the PC version.

Edit: of course, got summoned straight after posting

Edited by captainlk at 22:39:38 28-06-2013
  • captainlk 28 Jun 2013 22:42:47 33 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @BillCityfingers just whack him in the head. That what I did and he doesn't seem to mind. Use a weak weapon as I'm not if it's possible to kill him.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 01:19:34
    Ah, never thought of that.

Ah! Great Scythe +15... Where have you been all my life?
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 01:28:56
    Ha ha ha ha. God... 4 Kings. That was awesome. I had put them off as was worried about them. My scythe took them out in four hits each. Got hit a few times but my iron armour absorbed most of it so lost little health. Shit. I feel like a badass.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 03:19:10 29-06-2013
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last