Dark Souls Page 795

• Page

of 1219 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 14 Jun 2013 16:55:30 44,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Those skeletons are right fuckers aren't they. Unholy MONSTERS!

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 17:07:18
    Happy to report I finished catacombs on my first attempt and only died once when the bridge rotated and fell to my death. Didn't need a devine weapon.
    Boss died in about ten seconds. \o/
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 17:35:11 13,423 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi - kudos to you then. Have fun in the tomb of the giants :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 14 June 2013 18:05:28
    Oh it's rather dark.

Anyone give me a rough estimate on game length left?

24 hours so far.
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 18:16:37 13,423 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, well have you talked to a certain 'thing' that's appeared in fire link shrine?

Let me know if you want to know what's coming as am on phone so can't spoiler tag it

• quadfather 14 Jun 2013 18:17:30 13,423 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But at a guess, the way you're progressing I'd say you're at about 60%. Everyone else agree?

• King_Edward 14 Jun 2013 18:19:57 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always think of the game in 3 acts. The bells - the Lord Vessel - The Lords.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 18:25:37
    Eel I've cleared anor, forests, depths, blight, catacombs, fortress.

I've spoken to him and lit it.

I'm in tomb of giants and have yet to clear the whole of the ruins or the lava area.

So glad I fluked catacombs in twenty minutes as sounds like a lot of people struggle there.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 18:58:28
    @Choppi stop showing me up! You're too bloody good!
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 19:03:01
    Nope, up top of anor which I couldn't access first time?
  • Widge Moderator 14 Jun 2013 19:09:03 13,746 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus new Londo ruins, and side areas to find!

I missed that one hidden in Blighttown entirely!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Dr_Mech 14 Jun 2013 19:41:47 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Happy to report I finished catacombs on my first attempt and only died once when the bridge rotated and fell to my death. Didn't need a devine weapon.
    Hehe...'Trusty' Patches claims another victim (he rotates the bridge on you)...Don't worry though that will be the only time he betrays you, he is only a douchebag once.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 19:42:03 14-06-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 14 Jun 2013 21:18:18 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just wanted to say that I just farmed a balder side sword - it took me 2 runs in the Undead Parish, 3 minutes.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 21:30:44
    Poked my head in the catacombs. Got smashed by a red skull on the wall. :/
  • Deleted user 14 June 2013 23:35:35
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Choppi wrote:
    Hehe...'Trusty' Patches claims another victim (he rotates the bridge on you)...Don't worry though that will be the only time he betrays you, he is only a douchebag once.

Liar.

Loving the tomb of the giants.
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Jun 2013 23:38:03 17,396 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Choppi wrote:

Liar.

Masochist!

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 23:38:57 14-06-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 15 June 2013 00:05:33
    Just lit second bonfire, got lost for a while but just missed a path in the dark. Died a couple of times and once was annoying as had enough for a level up. Oh well, good time to save quit and will finish off the boss tomorrow.
  • quadfather 15 Jun 2013 00:10:58 13,423 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

• quadfather 15 Jun 2013 00:12:38 13,423 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    I just wanted to say that I just farmed a balder side sword - it took me 2 runs in the Undead Parish, 3 minutes.
    you should know better by now to post that :)

• Dr_Mech 15 Jun 2013 02:22:17 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    Choppi wrote:

Liar.

Why yes, yes it was a lie but we're both jolly Undead outcast, come on, can't we be friends?

Edited by Dr_Mech at 02:22:29 15-06-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Jun 2013 07:58:55 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    you should know better by now to post that :)
    Just creating a legend...
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 08:39:14
    When I complete this I will have to Google the story as I have no idea what is going on, something about dragons ruled the land then the lords fought back and slayed the dragons and I'm the chosen undead. That's about it and you're stuck in this hostile world where random people just hang out and chat to people.
  • Dr_Mech 15 Jun 2013 19:53:53 1,050 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alright I'll give you a run down of the story, some parts will be spoilered, some not, prepare to read, Bitches!

As per the intro, before fire in the Age of Ancients everything was colourless. There was no life, no death, no heat, no cold, the only thing that existed were the stone archtrees and the everlasting dragons, as they had always done (Everlasting Dragons are more akin to elemental spirits, Dragons made of stone and Ancient Dragons are their brethern who are flesh and blood). Then (it is never explained how it came to be mind you) fire was born into the world, this bought disparity, in that fire were four 'Lord Souls'.

Gwyn Lord of Sunlight, The Witch of Izalith, Nito the first of the dead all took Lord souls. The last, the Dark soul, was taken by the Furtive Pygmy, the proginator of all mankind, who hid away and was forgotten (sort of..we'll get to that).

With the strength of Lords they claimed the surface world from the Dragons (both Everlasting and Ancient) with the help of an Albino Dragon Seath the Scaleless who betrayed his brethern and the three Lords built themselves an empire. This begun the Age of Fire. The Gods built Lordran as you see it in the game and ruled over the human populous along with other kingdoms (Thorolund, Carim, Catarina, Vineheim, Berenike and Balder).

For a time everything was just going swimmingly for the Lords, parties were had by all. However the power of fire begun to fade, in order to rectify this two things were attempted. First the Witch of Izalith tried to recreate the first flame using her own Lord Soul, it failed miserably, turning her into the Bed of Chaos and melding two of her seven daughters (Queelag and The Fair Lady) with Chaos Spiders.

The Bed of Chaos bought about the Demons that overran Izalith and threatened the world, Gwyn ordered half of his Silver Knights (the other half remained to guard Anor Londo) to fight the demons and their armour was burnt black in the process.

Because of this failure Gwyn decided he needed to sacrifice himself, he split what remained of his Lord Soul (having given a portion of it to Seath as a reward for his help in fighting the Dragons) between the four wise kings of New Londo and went to the Kiln of the First Flame. There he sacrificed himself to keep the flames burning by using himself as fuel.

This was a 1000 years before the start of the game...phew.

Now for a time things were fine, bonfires were made but the first flame begun to fade once again and with it came the curse of Undeath, people begun being branded with the Dark Sign. These people could not die but instead came back at the nearest bonfire when killed. Each time losing a little bit of their humanity until after losing all hope, they went hollow. Being hollow they became mindless killing machines.

After a while of this the prophercy of the Chosen Undead appeared, that if someone escapes the North Asylum (where they send all the undead), travels to Lordran and rings both bells of Awakening they shall know what it is they must do to cure the curse of Undeath.

This is where you come in, there have been many others to attempt this path and failed, will you succeed where they failed?

Ok here is the spoiler part:

The prophecy of the Chosen Undead is a lie, created by Serpent Frampt and Gwyndolin (the last god to remain in Anor Londo) in order to extend the age of fire by getting a very powerful Undead to link the fire once again and act as fuel for the first flame, there is no cure for Undeath, they just want to continue things as they were for as long as possible. One you become just like Gwyn (a husk of a being, completely hollow), then another Chosen Undead would be sought and the whole thing starts over again).

There is another alternative that to let the first flame die out and that an age of Dark would be ushered in, Humans inhereted fragments of the Dark Soul, it would be an age of man, with the bonfires unlit the Undead would not be able to return to life.

Or so you are told by another Serpent, Kaathe (if you beat the Four Kings without having talked to Frampt at all, so you can't place the Lord veseel). He is probably lying as well, merely telling you this to further his own agenda which would lead to the Serpents becoming rulers eventually.

So there, that is the basic story, there are other lore things going on but they're sidestories to the overall arching plotline.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 19:56:37
    Got into Blighttown this afternoon and got killed by whatever those big fat bastards are.

Managed to defeat the dragon in The Depths first time thanks to the dude I summoned who distracted it while I smashed the shit out of it from behind. Ahem.

Got a Crystal Sword and Shield from some vendor but could do with a bonfire in BlightTown as it's quite a trek through The Depths.

Still have no idea why I play this game. It's not fun in the truest sense of the word.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 20:31:10
    Thanks for story, won't read spoiler bit until I complete it tomorrow.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 20:57:28
    @HairyArse there's a fire not too far into blighttown which helps immensely. The big fat shits aren't too bad. They're slow and you can see their attacks coming. Take them slow. There's not too many of them.
  • Bremenacht 15 Jun 2013 21:09:55 19,666 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dr_Mech Thanks for that! Where does the Pygmy fit in though?
  • Page

of 1219 First / Last