Dark Souls Page 792

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 13 Jun 2013 11:12:02 13,475 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought you couldn't get back to Sens once being dropped off there?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• quadfather 13 Jun 2013 11:16:16 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Oh god. What am I in for... I go through that big gate now I  think...?

I'm currently happily killing these guys in the garden. Not too hard at all now and loads of souls!
    *that* gate

/chuckle

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 11:47:25
    I have a feeling I'm doomed
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 12:11:47 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You'll be fine :)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow though when you post your initial reaction :)

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 12:34:42
    What gate are we discussing?
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 12:35:32 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The one that opens after you ring the second bell

• Widge Moderator 13 Jun 2013 12:47:34 13,475 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Yeah, you just go back to that winged creature and he'll fly you back there.
    Jesus. Can you do that after doing that area too?

(I only ask this because I never opened the Sens shortcut and couldn't be arsed going through all THAT again).

_ _ _

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 12:54:24
    I found sens fortress very easy compared to the place I'm at now. My current place is the first time I've got really angry. I can't stand it when the bonfire is not near the boss (I've only attempted it once but can tell it is going to drive me mental, I guess I need to check which armour is most lightening resistant.).

I'm going to finish this area though and get this teleport thing, then will go and get very large ember to +15 my sword then through the forest door.

Got several areas I have come across but not ventured in.
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 12:56:18 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi - whereabouts are you again, Anor londo?

• quadfather 13 Jun 2013 13:10:52 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    /more chuckling :)

• Dr_Mech 13 Jun 2013 13:11:59 1,021 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If he is fighting O&S, welcome to what some people say is the hardest boss in the game when solo (personally I think the end boss of the DLC and the bonus boss of the DLC are harder because one is ultra aggressive and the other has a wide set of moves to pick from).

This isn't a boss you can beat by watching videos or reading a guide, there are no stairs to plunge attack. You can only do the fight, be patient and wait for the opportunity to attack when you know you can get away with it.
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2013 13:18:51 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And keep them split up as much as possible

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 13:26:24
    Hardest boss you say? I will do it in three attempts. :).
  • Widge Moderator 13 Jun 2013 13:37:20 13,475 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interesting. I remember it not being too much of a grind to get to them. 2 options: pick up a pair of people near the corkscrew, or attempt to take them on from the second bonfire inside the main building.

_ _ _

• quadfather 13 Jun 2013 13:37:25 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Alright lads, shall we have a wager? :p

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 13:54:11
    Widge wrote:
    Interesting. I remember it not being too much of a grind to get to them. 2 options: pick up a pair of people near the corkscrew, or attempt to take them on from the second bonfire inside the main building.
    Currently at second bonfire but going to relocate to first bonfire before attempting as currently have to fight six or so knights and travel further just to attempt where from first bonfire you can just run all the way to fight them.

Going to try solo for five attempts, if I fail I am shamed.
  • -Eks 13 Jun 2013 13:55:12 60 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    6 days since I last posted in this thread and I'm still in Anor Londo.

Although to be fair, I rage quit when a invader killed me after spending hours getting past parts that were troubling me and I've not been back since. It broke me :p

I will get there eventually.
  • LeoliansBro 13 Jun 2013 13:57:10 43,825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Come on, it didn't take me 12 solo attempts. And I was going for the specific armour.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 13 June 2013 14:04:01
    Post deleted
  • SlackMaster 13 Jun 2013 14:24:09 3,134 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've rang the second bell and now it seems the areas I have to go next have ramped up the difficulty.

Playing as a mage, and really struggling on Sens fortress. I've killed the Hydra in dark root garden but the weapons available to me as a mage are not good especially when you have to hack at a boss as ranged attacks are not effective on them.
  • PenguinJim 13 Jun 2013 14:47:19 5,834 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SlackMaster Are you a Int/Dex mage? You might want to come back to the Undead Parish and farm the knights upstairs in the church for a healthy stack of shards, souls and hopefully a Baldur Side Sword (seems to drop easily for a lot of us).

I also found some red robes in Blighttown that were quite good for me for a long time.
  • Dr_Mech 13 Jun 2013 15:05:37 1,021 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm solo, well considering I nailed it in 2 attempts on my SL1 run character, I'm going to say 5 is a fair shout. 2 to nail down the execution, 2 to perfect it and 1 final run.

As I said, the end boss of the DLC is harder without summons because unlike O&S, he barely ever gives you room to use an estus and he can deal out a lot of damage really fast if he wants to.

Not to mention those magic attacks..

Also Choppi did you not open the shortcut in the level?

Basically go the route that leads you to fighting those knights at the corridor leading up to the big hall before the boss there should be two doorways.

One leads to Monseiur Faceless bastard (aka a Titanite Demon) and the other leads back down, you'll fight 1 Silver Knight here (the other doesn't aggro until you get up in his grill) and then open the door.

Tada, you now only have to fight 2 Silver knights before making a boss run, if you're really good you can bypass both of those knights while making a sprint for the boss.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 15:08:47 13-06-2013
  • LeoliansBro 13 Jun 2013 15:21:36 43,825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Honestly you're better off opening the doors to the Cathedral and then running to the boss from the first AL bonfire, you've only got slow arse giant black knights to evade (plus one silver archer).

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kinky_mong 13 Jun 2013 15:39:57 10,151 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you manage S&O in 3 attempts solo I will bow down to your superior gaming skill.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• quadfather 13 Jun 2013 15:44:54 11,992 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    @SlackMaster Are you a Int/Dex mage? You might want to come back to the Undead Parish and farm the knights upstairs in the church for a healthy stack of shards, souls and hopefully a Baldur Side Sword (seems to drop easily for a lot of us).

I also found some red robes in Blighttown that were quite good for me for a long time.
    Least you spoilered it :p

• Metalfish 13 Jun 2013 18:47:54 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    If you manage S&O in 3 attempts solo I will bow down to your superior gaming skill.
    Killed them the second time. I may have summoned an utter badass so, it doesn't count, but still.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2013 19:50:23
    Took 43 minutes and four attempts. The fourth I cough cough summoned someone. :)
    On my third solo I killed the small one and got the big one down to quarter health and the rage was so immense when I died there was no way I was doing it again solo. :).

Got three level ups out of that :) 55 now.
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last