Dark Souls Page 728

• Page

of 1211 First / Last

• Architect_z 15 Feb 2013 16:07:07 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sweet Mary Venge! And if you do not listen, then haell with you!!!
  • Elathron 15 Feb 2013 16:27:37 1,189 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And Conan's Pratchettian counterpart says that the most important things in life are hot soup, a warm bed and good dentistry.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• EMarkM 17 Feb 2013 22:15:25 3,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So where am I up to after this weekend?

Level 20, now got my own repair & reinforcement boxes. Crippled lightning demon thingy is dead, and I've had a bit of a mooch around the Dark Gardens or whatever they're called.

Not killed the two gargoyles yet. Figure I really want some help, but still struggling to find humanity.

Freed what's-his-face and got a shiny sun medal thing. Don't know what that's for. Gave 2000 souls to the cleric fellow in Firelink Shrine and received some apparently useless information on kindling in return.

Humph.

Still enjoying it though!
  • mumtoucher 17 Feb 2013 23:02:29 285 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been suffering from a condition a like to call "manus rage" for most of the evening.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 10:07:50 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    So where am I up to after this weekend?

Level 20, now got my own repair & reinforcement boxes. Crippled lightning demon thingy is dead, and I've had a bit of a mooch around the Dark Gardens or whatever they're called.

Not killed the two gargoyles yet. Figure I really want some help, but still struggling to find humanity.

Freed what's-his-face and got a shiny sun medal thing. Don't know what that's for. Gave 2000 souls to the cleric fellow in Firelink Shrine and received some apparently useless information on kindling in return.

Humph.

Still enjoying it though!
    So you've found the blacksmith?

For the gargoyles, you could buy a bit of humanity from the undead female merchant in the sewer pipe that goes to the undead burg. Then, if you apply some pine resin to your weapon (found in the undead burg) and summon solaire, you should find the fight a hell of a lot easier

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 18 Feb 2013 11:23:14 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My mate has started playing this game, and hes been killing all the NPCs, lol. Hes never gonna complete it, surely.

Trying to update my 1st ever character, hes a strength/faith character, but actually has good stats. I wanna use a massive hammer for pvp, any recommendations? (I already have a Dragontooth+5 - Which is awesome)
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 11:37:10 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - gotta be the grant?

• EMarkM 18 Feb 2013 11:38:00 3,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Yep; found two blacksmiths now.

"Buy humanity," you say? Not sure of the merchant you mean - the only one I know (Charlatans) in Undead Burg is male I think: the one with the annoying voice.

I'll have a look around next session.
  • onestepfromlost 18 Feb 2013 11:55:56 2,083 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @quadfather Yep; found two blacksmiths now.

"Buy humanity," you say? Not sure of the merchant you mean - the only one I know (Charlatans) in Undead Burg is male I think: the one with the annoying voice.

I'll have a look around next session.
    I dont think you can get to her till you have found the entracne to the depths. she is on the other side of a shortcut.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 12:02:17 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - ah yeah, sorry. Forgot about that

Which means it's pointless advice then, because you can get any amount of humanity from the depths

doh, sorry

• Architect_z 18 Feb 2013 12:05:25 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - My aim is to be able to use the grant, i'm sure it'll rock once I've got my stregth to 50.
    Any other ideas?
  • EMarkM 18 Feb 2013 12:47:36 3,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    doh, sorry
    Heh; worry not!

I'll keep mucking about until I find some humanity somewhere.

I still have some n00b questions, like what is happening when I hear a whooshing sound, see a flash, which seems to be absorbed by my character, a bit like when you get souls from killing things, but I'm not in a fight and nothing else seems to be happening?

Are the grey figures I keep seeing other online players? What about the coloured, but still transparent, ones?
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 12:56:05 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @EMarkM - that noise is when someone else has just used a bonfire that you've kindled and that you are near. (I think) You'll notice that you get an extra estus in your flask after it happens

Grey figures are other players running around in their games. Coloured players are (normally near a bonfire) stationary players that aren't currently moving

• EMarkM 18 Feb 2013 12:59:48 3,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Ah cool, that all makes sense. Was wondering where those odd couple of extra shots in my flask had come from!
  • MrE26 18 Feb 2013 14:04:40 1,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally ordered this, based on hearing how completely amazing it is from all corners of the Internet. If it's rubbish, I shall fill this thread with profanity.
  • EMarkM 18 Feb 2013 14:14:23 3,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MrE26 As long as you're relatively patient, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)
  • mumtoucher 18 Feb 2013 14:56:28 285 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have 2 level 70 characters now, one being a pyro str badass with full + 5 black iron armour and black night sword and the other my ninja claymore faith build. so stuck on manus tho, and sif is so useless in that fight... Any ideas?

Edited by mumtoucher at 14:57:41 18-02-2013
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 15:09:44 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mumtoucher - you using the silver pendant when he does his dark magic attacks?

• Architect_z 18 Feb 2013 15:57:12 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought the orange/asorb/flash thing was when people kindled the bonfire you were close to, or when someone liked your soapstone message.
  • quadfather 18 Feb 2013 16:09:16 12,929 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - probably, I can't remember :)

• FanBoysSuck 18 Feb 2013 16:12:56 1,527 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My faith based holy knight RP build isn't going so well. Despite having 43 faith and a divine longsword plus 5 he's doing bugger all damage. I was aiming for an occult longsword as it scales A for faith but getting the ember may prove to be too hard. I'm starting to see why ENB said faith users got a bit screwed with this game. I'm going to stick with it for now as helping people on bosses is pretty fun but I would advise against the build for newbies.

For the emperor!

• mumtoucher 18 Feb 2013 16:26:00 285 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No I am not, I will look into rectifying this immediately..... Much obliged, thanks again quad.
  • Architect_z 18 Feb 2013 16:39:48 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - The Occult ember is pretty easy to get, its the Large Devine ember which is very hard to obtain. Have you got into the painted world yet?
  • FanBoysSuck 18 Feb 2013 16:54:06 1,527 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Architect_z I just got there and opened the main gate. Getting my ass handed to me though by everything unless I zeus bolt them. I should be able to get the ember easy enough...getting the white chunks to actually forge the damn thing is going to be the issue I think. Seriously my damage is rated at around 330 but the split resistance is really causing some issues. O+S are going to be great fun after this! I may have to cave and start pumping strength. It's a bit of a shame finding out a build isn't viable. Stats sitting at:
    vit:22
    att:16
    end:22
    str:14
    dex:10
    int:9
    fth:43

Rocking elite knight armour +5 and a thief mask + 6. Divine longsword + 5 with a kite shield + 5.

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 18 Feb 2013 18:21:04 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - Not bad so far. I like the faith stat, but i'd level your strength and dex to be able to wield the claymore, as an occult+5 claymore is really quite good.
  • FanBoysSuck 18 Feb 2013 23:11:51 1,527 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck - Not bad so far. I like the faith stat, but i'd level your strength and dex to be able to wield the claymore, as an occult 5 claymore is really quite good.
    That's a good call dude, the stats are pretty mental for it! I'll start getting it upgraded as a backup to my beloved longsword :)

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 19 Feb 2013 10:57:10 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - Gotta put this in spoiler form, if you choose to kill off solaire, his sunlight sword scales A with occult too but you get a tad bit more damage output.

I don't think anything scales 'S' with faith which kinda sucks. :(
  • Dr_Mech 19 Feb 2013 12:57:35 1,044 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    No I am not, I will look into rectifying this immediately..... Much obliged, thanks again quad.
    there's only 1 attack you really use it for, his Dark Magic rain you just roll backwards, his versiong of Dark bead you roll to the side, the final one is the one where you need to either turn around and walk forward with a high magic absorb shield (Havel's is especially good for this if you have the strength to use it), time your dodges perfectly or use the pendant.

The problem I found with Manus is that he has next to no tell time on which of the magic attacks he is going to do. Saying that found him fairly easy with my tank character but incredibly hard with my magic character.
  • fiery_jackass 19 Feb 2013 16:55:33 487 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:I wanna use a massive hammer for pvp, any recommendations? (I already have a Dragontooth+5 - Which is awesome)
    When it comes to big weapons I've a soft spot for the Demon Great Axe and Machete, although they're not clubs as such. When buffed, they're MAXIMUM DAMAGE etc.

Smough's Hammer has a fairly entertaining animation on one of its R2s I think, looks a bit like you've crapped yourself. Not convinced about their PvP utility, mostly people spam roll attacks where the large/great clubs are particularly nasty. I get killed by standard R1s more often than most as I've an irresistable urge to attempt parries against them: I'd imagine you'd more normally find yourself getting backstabbed to angry shreds.
  • Architect_z 19 Feb 2013 17:13:54 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @fiery_jackass - I'd agree, but my faith/dex character is easily too powerful. I've done 1v3's killing every person, with not much hassle at all. But i'm a hammer-man at heart. I like BIG weapons, and I wanna try and pwn humans with these weapons. I'm gonna try the Dragontooth+5 first, as I love that weapon to pieces. Plus it provides a magic/fire defence bonus aswell to help against all the dark magic/combustion gankers.

Also gonna try the Grant as i've got 30 faith on my character. Also the Dragon Great Axe with that AoE attack. ^_^
  • Page

of 1211 First / Last