of 1199 First / Last

• Architect_z 6 Feb 2013 17:25:48 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Smough and Ornstein - Trip around europe
  • Lotos8ter 6 Feb 2013 18:50:46 2,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's not ENB, but some really cool stuff on his channel - like One Hit Kills on the bosses (yeah, even Laurel & hardy) and the video below shows some good shortcuts. Some you'll know, some you winny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhCaRCgelQ

Fiat Lux

• hypoBla5t 6 Feb 2013 21:05:16 1,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, beat Artorias on today's second attempt, then went straight on and beat Manus first time with the help of some insane barechested Russian bastard so all's good. Gotta get the key for Hawkeye Gough and then it's just the Dragon to go yeah? Is that it for the DLC after those 3 are down?
  • teamHAM 6 Feb 2013 21:08:00 2,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup.

Good luck on the big dwagun.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dr_Mech 6 Feb 2013 23:23:37 1,019 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Well, beat Artorias on today's second attempt, then went straight on and beat Manus first time with the help of some insane barechested Russian bastard so all's good. Gotta get the key for Hawkeye Gough and then it's just the Dragon to go yeah? Is that it for the DLC after those 3 are down?
    I hate you...I spent four goddamn hours worth of attempts soloing that boss and here comes someone, blowing through like it ain't no thing.

Seriously though well done, Kalameet isn't hard persay but it is one of those fights where one fuckup will get you killed instantly and...again I solo'd that fight and went for a tail cut, hence two hours of attempts.

He has massive tells about which attack he's going to do so you should be fine if you're not going for the tail cut since there is a total of ONE move that can reliably cause him to lower his tail enough to go for the cut and most of the time, he'll piss about and not do said move.
  • onestepfromlost 7 Feb 2013 01:39:23 2,045 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah i tried for about 90 mins trying to get his tail before deciding fuck it and just kicking his ass.
  • hypoBla5t 7 Feb 2013 07:35:09 1,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been looking at this Moonlight Greatsword Sorcerer / Pyro build for level 85, any thoughts peeps?

Vitality: 30
    Attunement: 23 (6 spell slots)
    Endurance: 25
    Strength: 16 (to wield Moonlight Greatsword one-handed)
    Dexterity: 10
    Resistance: 12
    Intelligence: 44
    Faith: 8
  • captbirdseye 7 Feb 2013 09:17:21 4,863 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Speed Mage ftw!

Spent last night in the The Catacombs and my god that place is annoying as shit with the wheel skellys at the end. I would even say that it's worse tha  Blighttown although that wouldn't be that bad if not for the piss poor frame rates.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 09:28:45 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @captbirdseye - funny you should say that, I've just got the lordvessel on my str/faith character and thought I'd tackle the catacombs + totg to get the bloody places out of the way.

Did the shortcut route and got battered by the bloody wheel skelly's too. Fucking things!

Pussied out at totg, I was too scared, no, I mean, it was too late to carry on :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 09:30:06 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Someone posted a Sens Fortress guardian build, its basically a build where you are the iron golem. And you just take down fools in Sens. I'll see if I can post it later on tonight
  • captbirdseye 7 Feb 2013 09:35:13 4,863 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @captbirdseye - funny you should say that, I've just got the lordvessel on my str/faith character and thought I'd tackle the catacombs + totg to get the bloody places out of the way.

Did the shortcut route and got battered by the bloody wheel skelly's too. Fucking things!

Pussied out at totg, I was too scared, no, I mean, it was too late to carry on :)
    I'd never been in totg before and thought the exit after killing Pinewheel was just the exit....until i landed on top of four giants and lost 35k in souls :(.

The wheel skellys are easily the most difficult things i've come up against so far and it must be even worse for a meele clash.
  • Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 09:43:06 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @captainbirdseye - Have you met the skelly dogs in the TotG?
    They are pretty friendly.

Edited by Architect_z at 09:46:19 07-02-2013
  • captbirdseye 7 Feb 2013 09:50:58 4,863 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    No :(, and I won't be going back there for while me thinks :D.
  • Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 10:03:09 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    No :(, and I won't be going back there for while me thinks :D.
    I dont know how far you are through the game, but yeh, TotG is best to be left until the end pretty much. I think they could have done so much more with TotG. I wish it wasnt skellys down there, if it had capra demons, that would be awesome.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 10:15:17 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I quite like the place, but it's lethal in places. Especially the first few times.

You really need to go there with bugger all souls and just keep exploring, getting used to it.

Skeletal dogs are very friendly though.

• FanBoysSuck 7 Feb 2013 10:29:27 1,473 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New game plus plus isn't too bad is it? I've burned through it up to the demon ruins in about 7 hours from the start including taking down the 4 kings so I could get the dark wraith trophy. I've even got my stats up to use the greats word of artorias, which has turned out to be a bit naf, at least with my current stats.

3 trophies to go until I become the dark soul!

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 10:30:17 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love watching the speed runs when they get to TotG and they are doing the whole area without using any lights. It's insane.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 10:56:17 7,230 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The wheel skeletons are, without doubt, the worst enemies in the game for me. Especially down the bottom where there are like 5.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 10:59:42 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yeah, they're fuckers. And don't forget the ones hiding in the sewers in the painted world

/shakes fist

• Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 11:03:06 7,230 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh god, I forgot about those. They're even scarier in the dark.

But yeah, I can't think of one more annoying. The blowdart guys are, but they don't respawn. And you only have to get past the Anor Londo archers once. Gotta be the wheel skeletons for me.

I can't believe they were designed to be that deadly. They don't even look very dangerous.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 11:16:53 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, can't block them, take of a shitload of health and always in groups.

Bastards!

• Mr_Sleep 7 Feb 2013 11:24:44 16,933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I hate them. They've been relatively easy to deal with as a sorcerer but as a slow moving tank they were pretty tiresome. The ones in the painted world definitely are the most annoying, as they just seem to spawn from nowhere!

You are a factory of sadness.

• quadfather 7 Feb 2013 11:30:49 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And my char is a slow moving, armour clad, zwei handling str/faith character

Pretty colourful swearwords coming out of my house last night

• teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 11:57:14 2,883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah those wheel skellies track pretty well too, so if you want to dodge them you have to wait until the very last second or they still carve you up by bending their run into you :(

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 12:00:03 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    yeah, they're fuckers. And don't forget the ones hiding in the sewers in the painted world

/shakes fist
    Those guys resulted in me losing almost 2 million souls!!!
  • Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 12:02:18 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    O and any faith characters out there. Karmic Justice and an eagle shield, are very handy against wheely skellies. Infact its actually fun, just let them roll at you, and seem them explode. Muhahahahahahahaha!!!
    Its the perfect 'get-your-ownback' for those wheelie bastards.
  • Dr_Mech 7 Feb 2013 12:08:14 1,019 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Yeah, I hate them. They've been relatively easy to deal with as a sorcerer but as a slow moving tank they were pretty tiresome. The ones in the painted world definitely are the most annoying, as they just seem to spawn from nowhere!
    Greatshield of Artorias is you friend against wheel skeletons for tanky mother lovers, even in NG++ they don't do enough stamina decrease worth a damn and you can sit there and tank one until it stops spinning.

Though single pulling is obviously recommend...I'm not saying charge into the middle of those fuckers.

unless you're this guy:

Edited by Dr_Mech at 12:08:33 07-02-2013
  • SparkyMarky81 7 Feb 2013 12:12:29 565 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

/shakes fist
    I thought I'd never get out of that damn place. There is one room with about 4 of them and very little room to take evasisve action. Many times I died. Most frustrating part of the whole game for me.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 12:19:31 11,979 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech - Haha, that's excellent!

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 12:27:42 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone know how you get the great shield of artoriballs?
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last