I know I said about Sorcery characters being really weak at low level and really powerful at high level but I didn't think it would be THIS powerful.
Admittedly my vitality and endurance are only at 20 compared to 30 and 40 by the same time on my Strength build character and my melee skills leave a lot to be desired...(I can two shot the Silver Knights in Anor Londo in NG+ using the Demon's greataxe but on the sorcery character it takes 10-20 pokes to bring one down in regular game) but...
Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragonscrest ring, Power Within, 36 int (now 38) combined with Homing Soulmass proceeded to 2 shot Ornstein and 3 shot Super Smough..fuck me..was over 1000 damage from the full hit of 5!
But I can see how this balances out.
1) I have a very limited number of casts on my best spells, I can't go around ploughing through everything with magic so most of the time, I have to poke people with a meh damage spear (yeah I could use 2 attunements of one of the better soul arrow spells but still that would get me through 20-30 guys unless I went for the crappiest soul arrow spell).
2) I can't really chop and change my weapons like my Strength build can, if I switch to a non-elemental weapon, I'm doing fuck all damage.
3) 1 Hit from a Silver Knight clips off a third of my health, on my Strength build, it barely makes a dent.
4) I can't use Greatshields...so I can't turtle up...meaning I have to dodge which if I get wrong...usually leaves me flattened.
5) There is no boss completely immune to melee damage...there is a boss that is completely immune to magical damage...fuck...
Yeah I am playing unpatched, which means that the Antiquated Skirt has, apparently, the best defense of the light armours for very little extra weight. Plus the character is female...so she can get away with wearing a skirt.
If you're playing unpatched then it's actually a pretty good skirt. Otherwise the Maiden Skirt is superb when upgraded and is pretty much identical to the blood-stained skirt which can be picked up if you let Lautrec do his business... Witch's skirt is pretty handy too but not available that early on, even the Crimson Waistcloth is solid albeit weighs a bit compared to others.
I switched to the Wander's Manchettes +6(sp), they weigh less than the Crimson Gloves and provide more defense to..well..everything. Will probably upgrade them to +9. I'll switch to the Maiden's skirt when I get it because that doesn't require Twinkling Titanite to upgrade, just regular titanite.
Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:02:19 30-01-2013