Dark Souls Page 709

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 29 Jan 2013 19:43:12 16,920 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sonic_D wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep Cheers, was thinking that, but much of the Faith skills descriptions didn't excite me much. Originally my brute build was supposed to be a Strength/Faith build but just ended up being full on strength.

Will give it a go.
    There's some very cool faith based spells later on. It takes a while but some of the later skills come in very handy. Also, pumping loads into faith also means you have an extra bunch of healing ready at any point and can be as good as the trusty estus flask.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr_Sleep 29 Jan 2013 19:44:42 16,920 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep

If you're playing unpatched then it's actually a pretty good skirt. Otherwise the Maiden Skirt is superb when upgraded and is pretty much identical to the blood-stained skirt which can be picked up if you let Lautrec do his business...
    Nah, I offed that scummer :-D Maiden skirt, cool, I'll have a look. Cheers.

You are a factory of sadness.

• TheCrane 29 Jan 2013 23:15:26 89 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Has anyone encountered summoned players who just do not move? I was after some help with the Four Kings today and the only summon signs which responded at all were two different sunlight fellows who just stayed where they appeared and didn't do anything. I watched the second one for about twenty minutes and sent the player a message... not a peep.

It was as though everyone playing had put down their sign and then decided to make a cup of tea, but had found there was no milk and so needed to go to the supermarket etc etc :(
  • Dangerous_Dan 29 Jan 2013 23:26:26 2,380 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sometimes people fall asleep while waiting to get summoned, it can take that long sometimes. Not that this ever happend in any way to me...
  • teamHAM 29 Jan 2013 23:26:45 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it does happen. It can take ages to get a summon. I myself have just left it for a while but I usually turn the TV up so I can hear the summon sound from the next room.

If you summon someone who doesn't do anything just use the Black Separation Crystal to send them home so you can summon another one.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• TheCrane 29 Jan 2013 23:41:10 89 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I did that the second time - the first time round I just naively charged through the fog on my own.

Never had that happen before, but I suppose the player base might not be at its most alert on a Monday night...
  • puddleduck 29 Jan 2013 23:44:45 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

Pretty sure I once fell asleep during one of our many co-op sessions :p
  • Dangerous_Dan 29 Jan 2013 23:55:20 2,380 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's why you now play FarCry 3. You don't want to fall asleep playing co-op with me!
    Sunbros before hoes - quit making the females in your life go nuts and give them time to cool down for a time.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 23:55:55 29-01-2013
  • puddleduck 30 Jan 2013 00:09:34 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ha, I actually need to make a Faith character with all the miracles to get the 100% platinum. For some reason I never did. Tempted to make a faith/strength char using the final mule character I have left who's SL5. Or I'll just use my SL 200 odd character that's still on the first playthrough and go collect all the various miracles just to tick it off.

I do keep meaning to load up DS and have a play... but I know if I do Far Cry will join all my other uncompleted games :p

Edit//

Sod it, gonna go have a blast after this episode of American Dad and load up the SL200 char and go grab the Darkmoon Blade followed by Sunlight Blade and whatever else she's missing.

Edited by puddleduck at 00:11:19 30-01-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 30 Jan 2013 00:27:46 11,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The best part of the game is goin' for a pure build and seeing how you can abuse their powers. For example, if you go faith build, Astora's Sword will be a very powerful early weapon, and the catacombs will be cake. You can get Leroy's gear too... Nice.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• puddleduck 30 Jan 2013 02:41:31 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thought sod it, I'll just get all the miracles on my SL150 (no idea where I got SL200 from heh) main character... just 3 miracles left and I'll have picked up a long overdue platinum on this game. The first, and probably only, time I've ever bothered to do everything there is to do in a game.

Edit// Just Nito to visit and then Gwyndolin to kill to grab Sunlight blade... except I'm putting it off due to realising I was current a Darkmoon after grabbing the Darkmoon Blade so I'm invading the guilty in the Catacombs... Not even really trying to kill people, just practicing online parrying and then rolling away when successful :p

Edited by puddleduck at 03:19:37 30-01-2013

Apparently I just needed Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Guess Sunlight Blade must have counted from another character as once I handed over the Eyes of Death it pinged :D

Edited by puddleduck at 03:37:29 30-01-2013
  • Telepathic.Geometry 30 Jan 2013 04:05:53 11,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Welcome to the DS platinum club. ^-^

/relaxes in divan
    /lights cigar
    /passes brandy to puddleduck

• puddleduck 30 Jan 2013 04:31:32 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bit silly it took me so long when you think I've probably got around 1000 posts in this thread alone and have created at least 20 characters :p

*Sips brandy*
    *blows out smoke*

Cheers dude, nothing like some mutually appreciated smugness :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 30 Jan 2013 05:52:00 11,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How about your Demon's Souls platinum? You have that sorted out yet? /quaffs

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 08:37:46 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dragged my sl 40 str char out last night. No idea why she was at the depths. Anyway, went to Amor and trounced o and s with the zwei. Thought that is then do kaathe, but also wanted to save Sif, so thought is better get into the dlc. So dukes it was. Though the blue golem didn't drop the pendant, even after 3 tries?

What have I forgotten to do thus time?

Though it was immense fun smashing those crystal goons in the dukes after all the collective shit they've given my chars

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 08:40:00 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Epic typos due to phone

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 08:42:39 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Apparently I just needed Gravelord Greatsword Dance. Guess Sunlight Blade must have counted from another character as once I handed over the Eyes of Death it pinged :D
    I thought you had to collect everything on the same character O_o

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 08:45:18 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually reading these posts, I might branch this str char to faith. Though It's really nice seeing the damage stat getting pumped when levelling str :)

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 08:46:19 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Actually reading these posts, I might branch this str char to faith. Though It's really nice seeing the damage stat getting pumped when levelling str :)
    Faith build + divine/occult wep = damage stat getting pumped when levelling faith :D

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 08:49:25 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good point.

Divine/occult zwei suitable, d'you think?

Or a massive fuck off occult club?

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 08:59:05 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    if you want a huge weapon and want to make a str/fai hybrid then the Grant Mitchell gets the job done. Large Club is beastly.

Smaller weps, Occult Claymore works well. Also I use a Great Scythe.

Zwei is a failsafe weapon. Predictable but a safe choice for damage and knockdowns etc.

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 09:26:58 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Perhaps great club then. Or the Zwei. Bearing in mind I never do any pvp, so it's not an issue if I choose a weapon that isn't great for pvp - it doesn't matter.

Might pay a visit to blighty

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 10:24:10 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Large Club and Great Club are almost the same. Large Club has poison though. A lot of the moves are the same too.

• Dr_Mech 30 Jan 2013 10:49:58 1,014 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow...

I know I said about Sorcery characters being really weak at low level and really powerful at high level but I didn't think it would be THIS powerful.

Admittedly my vitality and endurance are only at 20 compared to 30 and 40 by the same time on my Strength build character and my melee skills leave a lot to be desired...(I can two shot the Silver Knights in Anor Londo in NG+ using the Demon's greataxe but on the sorcery character it takes 10-20 pokes to bring one down in regular game) but...

Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragonscrest ring, Power Within, 36 int (now 38) combined with Homing Soulmass proceeded to 2 shot Ornstein and 3 shot Super Smough..fuck me..was over 1000 damage from the full hit of 5!

But I can see how this balances out.
    1) I have a very limited number of casts on my best spells, I can't go around ploughing through everything with magic so most of the time, I have to poke people with a meh damage spear (yeah I could use 2 attunements of one of the better soul arrow spells but still that would get me through 20-30 guys unless I went for the crappiest soul arrow spell).

2) I can't really chop and change my weapons like my Strength build can, if I switch to a non-elemental weapon, I'm doing fuck all damage.

3) 1 Hit from a Silver Knight clips off a third of my health, on my Strength build, it barely makes a dent.

4) I can't use Greatshields...so I can't turtle up...meaning I have to dodge which if I get wrong...usually leaves me flattened.

5) There is no boss completely immune to melee damage...there is a boss that is completely immune to magical damage...fuck...

puddleduck wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep

If you're playing unpatched then it's actually a pretty good skirt. Otherwise the Maiden Skirt is superb when upgraded and is pretty much identical to the blood-stained skirt which can be picked up if you let Lautrec do his business... Witch's skirt is pretty handy too but not available that early on, even the Crimson Waistcloth is solid albeit weighs a bit compared to others.
    Yeah I am playing unpatched, which means that the Antiquated Skirt has, apparently, the best defense of the light armours for very little extra weight. Plus the character is female...so she can get away with wearing a skirt.

I switched to the Wander's Manchettes +6(sp), they weigh less than the Crimson Gloves and provide more defense to..well..everything. Will probably upgrade them to +9. I'll switch to the Maiden's skirt when I get it because that doesn't require Twinkling Titanite to upgrade, just regular titanite.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:02:19 30-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Jan 2013 10:55:12 2,380 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dr_Mech Power Within does only buff your weapon damage not the magic one. To increase the damage further try a better catalyst and bring your intelligence to 50.
  • Dr_Mech 30 Jan 2013 11:04:45 1,014 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I swear Power Within buffs spell damage (I've always assumed it affected Pyromancy, Faith and Sorcery offensive spells), Homing soul mass without it does around 700ish damage, with it the spells hit for over a 1000.

I may have to test this to be sure though.

Wiki says this:
    Increases all damage sources dealt by 40%
    So I'm assuming that includes magic/pyromancy/faith offensive spells. I will do some tests on the Darkroot Basin dudes though (since the bandit has enough HP to survive one full blast).

Edited by Dr_Mech at 11:07:00 30-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Jan 2013 11:07:25 2,380 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hm, seems you are right it does increase the magical damage as well. Very powerful then.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 11:09:48 30-01-2013
  • teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 11:14:34 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it's not really a new thing. Power Within, BDCR, CoD, Tin Crystallization Catalyst, and a good spell like Dark Bead will do 1500+ damage.

Great for bosses but a tad overkill when a lot of mobs have 400 health or whatever.

You can easily be competitive weapon damage wise by buffing a few choice weapons up to Enchanted+5. That's how my sorcerer rolls. Weapon damage first, with spells for bosses or if I get in a tight spot or get invaded.

• quadfather 30 Jan 2013 11:16:07 11,973 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - Yup, enchanted weapons (dare I mention the balder sword) scale really well on an int build.

I wish there was an online character thingy, so you could check your gear out online whilst at work :)

• teamHAM 30 Jan 2013 11:31:18 2,860 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mugenmonkey has an armor optimizer now. not sure how good it is but it's a start :p

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

• Page

of 1198 First / Last