Dark Souls Page 704

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• Dr_Mech 24 Jan 2013 03:15:01 1,003 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    Thanks Typhoid. Will need to read up on pick up locations (already noticed one that I missed).

Am level 99 now, assume this is a reasonable level to jump into NG+? Having quite a lot of fun helping players as a Sunbro with Gwyn so don't mind levelling up a bit more. Just want to make sure I won't regret it because NG+ enemies will make mince out of my character:p
    Wow you're more than levelled enough, let me put it this way I've JUST hit level 102 and I'm half way through a NG+ playthrough. I started NG+ at level 80ish which is still, apparently, considered the higher end of things, most finish around the 70ish mark on their first time through.

Going for a Strength/Faith build at the moment, got my Str to 41 (plan to up to 46 for Demon's Greataxe), End to 40, Dex to 21, Vit to 31, Faith at 18 (will go for at least 36 to use Sunlight blade) and Attunment to 14 (will go for 16 for 4 slots, doubt I'll need any more than that).

It may turn into an 'Everyman/Achievement' build (where you max Str/Int/Dex/Faith to 40).

I assume you've levelled up all your gear to at least +15 for your chosen weapon and +9 for your chosen armor?

Also this video amused me, two heavily armoured titans of the Dark Souls world clash, who will be the winner? Watch and find out...

Edited by Dr_Mech at 03:32:47 24-01-2013
  • EMarkM 24 Jan 2013 05:39:12 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:

Am I to take it that "Have fun with the guy in the tower" translates as "Would you like a side salad with that serving of ass, sir?"
    If you are in the burg and go into a tower with a spiral staircase leading down... yeah, don't do that. You can go a bit to see what's at the bottom, but be prepared to run away like a little bitch.
    Yeah but, he's got a nice ring. And once you're able to hand out a reasonable amount of damage, you should defo take the fucker on...
    So am I brave or stupid?

Heh heh, we'll have to see next session..
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Jan 2013 06:18:59 11,274 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Basically, dodging him is easy enough, so if you can take him out in 5 hits, it's cake. If it takes 10 or 20 hits or God forbid 30 or 40, your chances are losing are quite high, because he will probably one-shot you if he even grazes you with that crazy arse weapon of his...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Typhoid 24 Jan 2013 08:30:59 26 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SYS64738 I echo the comments of Dr_Mech, completed 1st at 75 completed ng+ at 130 and am now at 147 just over halfway thru ng++ had to do more than just get to Sif.

Turns out I needed Priscillas tail dagger and the crescent axe from Patches (I always killed the gimp for his betrayal), so had to do Or & Smug 4 Lord Vessel & get Nito (tough fight when you forget to pack your Divine Uchi - respawning Skellies FTW!) to make him a vendor.

I also needed Gwyndolin for a 2nd Soul (must have left her on ng+ as that was focussed on getting other Covenants, Darkmoon being one)

Edit for my piss poor spelling....

Edited by Typhoid at 08:38:14 24-01-2013
  • Elathron 24 Jan 2013 09:27:08 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @EMarkM - Umm... Maybe :D He's a pain in the arse for new players - that is until you learn not to be scared of him. After a while he becomes like an old friend that you visit every once in a while. You know, share stories around a bonfire and all that. Not.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 09:29:35 11,863 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You just need to be able to survive 1 hit from him. Then, when you inevitably get hit because you're getting bored/cocky, you'll realise how fucking hard he actually hits, and that'll bring you round again :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 24 Jan 2013 12:33:51 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - Yup. I had the misfortune of being backstabbed by him, someone invaded and he jinked behind me somehow. Why couldn't his weapon come from one of the baby dragons :(

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• onestepfromlost 24 Jan 2013 12:52:39 2,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ive got round to the dukes archives now four kings was much easier than i expected. Any thoughts on when i should think about doing the dlc?
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 12:54:49 11,863 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd go and have a look now, since you've got the lordvessel.

You'll love the introduction to it :p

• Architect_z 24 Jan 2013 14:55:33 2,374 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Taurus Demon has aids. Never knew that before
  • onestepfromlost 24 Jan 2013 15:16:33 2,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what soul level do people generally go to? i seem to reme,ber in dmeon souls something like 127? is that the same for most folk in Dark?
  • Cannon_Fodder 24 Jan 2013 15:24:25 216 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    what soul level do people generally go to? i seem to reme,ber in dmeon souls something like 127? is that the same for most folk in Dark?
    125 I believe is the usual desired soul level in Dark Souls. At least that's what I usually see when watching people PvP or design builds.

Edited by Cannon_Fodder at 15:24:52 24-01-2013

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• Elathron 24 Jan 2013 16:01:27 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Although. It is fun to make a char that goes as high as it can go... My 450 mage/duellist is a very fun build who can tank with light dex weapons, or go medium with the greatsword of artorias (both with the fast roll etc). However, reaching those lofty heights requitres a lot of time; it now costs me nearly 3 million souls to level up just once, for not much gain. As C_F said, 120/130 is a good level to aim for. Use one of the many character builders online to set a path; then stick to it!

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 16:05:24 11,863 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And don't do what I do, and see a nice shiny build over there and roll yet another character to build it, while you're already half way through 3 different builds already :)

• onestepfromlost 24 Jan 2013 16:06:34 2,039 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    im going to at least stick to this build until i finish my first play through then i might give a few other differnt playstyles a bash just to break the monotony
  • Elathron 24 Jan 2013 16:07:01 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - And then spend the best part of the entire NG looking for a shiny side sword from the land of the Balder Knights? :lol:

Edited by Elathron at 16:07:21 24-01-2013

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 16:19:19 11,863 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @quadfather - And then spend the best part of the entire NG looking for a shiny side sword from the land of the Balder Knights? :lol:
    Just for shits and giggles, I'm going to go back to the balder knights in sens with my strength character, just to prove that I'll get a million of the fucking things on a character that doesn't need them :)

• Elathron 24 Jan 2013 16:28:12 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - Hahaha. I get loads when I parry the wankirks, I think the overkill bonus really does have something to do with it when you crit them buddy :p

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 16:35:12 11,863 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I must have parried and backstabbed a million of the bastards when I was farming for one, and only one ever dropped. And this is with 10 humanity, gold ring, and 410 discovery rate.

Fucking thing.

Still, on a brighter note, all 3 different black knight weapons dropped for my strength character, 1 after the other after killing 3 knights.

That's justice, I reckon

• Architect_z 24 Jan 2013 17:29:11 2,374 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I get to invade constantly at SL-120
  • Elathron 24 Jan 2013 17:42:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Internet. FIXED, Dark Souls fix. Upcoming!

• puddleduck 24 Jan 2013 19:00:48 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    And don't do what I do, and see a nice shiny build over there and roll yet another character to build it, while you're already half way through 3 different builds already :)
    If you do though, please tell us all about it because it always puts a smile on my face :D
  • Architect_z 24 Jan 2013 19:23:42 2,374 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Quad has got 3 half-completed builds who don't have balder side swords. :p
  • teamHAM 24 Jan 2013 19:35:47 2,760 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Internet. FIXED, Dark Souls fix. Upcoming!
    Nice :)

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 20:41:55 2,380 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't know if this is common knowledge yet, if not, here is an introduction to the "ravioli backstep". For the PvP crowd.
    Cheers.

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 20:45:56 2,380 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like the music ^^
  • senso-ji 24 Jan 2013 21:03:59 5,795 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan

That is awesome. Will definitely be punishing the guilty with that move :)
  • SYS64738 24 Jan 2013 22:22:36 1,586 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dr_Mech wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:
    Thanks Typhoid. Will need to read up on pick up locations (already noticed one that I missed).

Am level 99 now, assume this is a reasonable level to jump into NG+? Having quite a lot of fun helping players as a Sunbro with Gwyn so don't mind levelling up a bit more. Just want to make sure I won't regret it because NG+ enemies will make mince out of my character:p
    Wow you're more than levelled enough, let me put it this way I've JUST hit level 102 and I'm half way through a NG+ playthrough. I started NG+ at level 80ish which is still, apparently, considered the higher end of things, most finish around the 70ish mark on their first time through.

Going for a Strength/Faith build at the moment, got my Str to 41 (plan to up to 46 for Demon's Greataxe), End to 40, Dex to 21, Vit to 31, Faith at 18 (will go for at least 36 to use Sunlight blade) and Attunment to 14 (will go for 16 for 4 slots, doubt I'll need any more than that).

It may turn into an 'Everyman/Achievement' build (where you max Str/Int/Dex/Faith to 40).

I assume you've levelled up all your gear to at least +15 for your chosen weapon and +9 for your chosen armor?

Also this video amused me, two heavily armoured titans of the Dark Souls world clash, who will be the winner? Watch and find out...
    Actually have some NG experience from previously owning a vanilla copy of the game. Like quadfather, I kept rerolling new characters rather than jumping into NG+, and also avoided multiplayer almost entirely. Played with Thief & Mage builds previously but only finished the game once.

After trading that copy in, regretted it eventually and then couldn't wait for the Prepare to Die edition:) Which I've completed pretty much completely apart from Gwyn as I want to upgrade and create as many weapons as I can before losing the blacksmith options again.

With my current tank character I'm focusing entirely on STR/END/DEX/VIT. Want to make him more of a Faith guy in NG+ in an attempt to get the miracle trophy.

Have to say my by far favourite weapon is the Black Knight Sword+5. Pretty effective against most enemies, but I'm getting my arse whipped every single time (bar once) in PvP. My main achilles heel is Magic defense, had quite a few guys 1-2 hit killing me with the new Dark Magic spells, or I just get backstabbed - but I got the Chrystal Ring Shield which will hopefull help a bit. Just not made for PvP really though and prefer helping people; this just never gets old and earns a fair chunk of souls each time (hence my soul level).

I upgraded many weapons almost to the max but just need some slabs to completely max them. NG+ will sort the last stragglers out to get the remaining trophies. Also making progress towards the unique weapons, I reckon I'm about 50-75% there.

The only armor I upgraded is the Elite Knight set, got it to +9 but now need 4 Titanite Slabs...ooookay. I've seen a lot of people in crazy combinations and I'm sure that's more effective but I like the looks of a complete set rather than mix and matching. Very tempted to jump into NG+ now but feel I should mop up a few things (whatever that may me!) before I do.

/monologue
  • Typhoid 24 Jan 2013 22:38:01 26 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SYS64738 I never bothered to 10 any armor, did 9's for black leather set which I've used for almost everything except gwyn ng+
  • Page

of 1195 First / Last