Dark Souls Page 658

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• quadfather 13 Dec 2012 12:57:47 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool - didn't know you could get to that bonfire - good to know!

Sigh, and there's me always trying the hard way to get in/out :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 13 Dec 2012 13:12:57 6,687 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the "he pushed me down a hole so I HAD to kill him" Swiss :D
    He was tricksy in Demon's Souls too. For the record everyone, we can TOTALLY trust him in Dark Souls II ;)

You need a bit of pyro in your life Quad- it makes mince meat of the clams. If you're able to get around Seath and stand at the crystal, wait for him to advance on you and do a lazer beam attack when you're there. That way, he breaks the crystal himself and he's right in the middle of the area so you can run around to the tail easier.

I had a go at the Anor titanite demon last night. They've always terrified me and I've kept a distance, but with no magic or pyro etc I just had to run up to him and try to dodge.
    I discovered something you probably all already know- you can just stand right in front of them, touching their chest and hack away- all their attacks (bar the jump) are too long range and never hit you. What other game would still be teaching you genuinely new things after 300 plus hours of play? The depth is astounding.
  • quadfather 13 Dec 2012 13:17:30 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I haven't got many pyro spells. Probably be easier to level that, than come back with a newly upgraded different weapon.

And on the flip side, I've noticed that magic absolutely batters the titanite demons. A fact which I am going to take full advantage of, as they've always kicked my arse

Edited by quadfather at 13:18:38 13-12-2012

• FourSevenZero 13 Dec 2012 13:19:05 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher I'm learning things everyday reading this thread, that's another hot tip i didn't know.

Fwiw I chuck lightning bolts at him from the balcony :)
  • Big-Swiss 13 Dec 2012 13:37:50 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    you guys mean which titanite demon that can't touch me when I'm close??

sounds awesome!

@mcm lol!
  • Puppaz 13 Dec 2012 14:06:51 322 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Titanite Demons... Ikky things... I hardly ever tried to take them on up close, unless I was over-powered. Never knew there was a cheap way up close.

I remember meeting the one that's in the hidden unlockable shortcut when you join the lava-loving spider ladies covenant (you may see I can't remember the name) and thinking ohhhh too far for pyro spells, maybe if I can fire arrows and dodge bolts like I did with the catacombs one and the one under astor... 1 damage per arrow... hmmm NOOOO I CAN'T CHEAP FIGHT IT :(

Then again I was the guy who spammed poison gas at the boss fight in demon souls so... what d'ya expect? :p
  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2012 14:14:03 2,860 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just be aware when you hug the Titanite Demon. They have one ability, the jump and slam thing. It tracks quite well and does tonnes of damage, often through your shield. The Lost Izalith one especially is pretty capable of one-shotting even a high level character with that move. That is the one downside with hugging our local friendly neighbourhood Titanite Demon! :)

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 13 Dec 2012 14:33:54 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's gotta be magic with them, all the way

• Big-Swiss 13 Dec 2012 15:03:49 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aha, you guys are talking about the prowling demon, or skorpion demon, now I can follow. cheers, will hug the big dude, and then kill him! like in a cheap movie!
  • mcmothercruncher 13 Dec 2012 16:19:03 6,687 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The big fellas with the missing legs and two pronged pole. As I said though, watch the jump! Given the choice, I'd always rather wang magic/miracles at them :)
  • Buztafen 13 Dec 2012 16:30:48 16,147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I usually call them by one of their alternate names...Twatbag, Cockface, Shufflebutt, Turdmuncher, Leg'o'lost, Wanker or Flattopshitbrick.
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 09:32:42 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another disappointing Seath run last night. Crystal caves is sorted now - route planned, clams no longer annoying.

But I'm still utterly useless at killing seath. Never normally have a problem with any other character, but this one (magic) is really struggling for some reason.

Probably coz I'm insisting on the tail

• Red_Bool 14 Dec 2012 10:05:14 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Another disappointing Seath run last night. Crystal caves is sorted now - route planned, clams no longer annoying.

But I'm still utterly useless at killing seath. Never normally have a problem with any other character, but this one (magic) is really struggling for some reason.

Probably coz I'm insisting on the tail
    If you don't insist on the tail, Seath is stupidly easy (at least the first time around): Just stay close (as in hug) its right leg and everything he throws at you will miss...
  • senso-ji 14 Dec 2012 10:07:24 5,840 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

Where are you trying to cut the tail off at? You know if won't come off if you strike it too close to his body; it needs to be nearer the tip. Use power within and a powerful double handed weapon (such as halberd) as soon Seath breaks his own crystal.
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 10:24:20 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    it's right at the tip. but that's not the problem. I know where to hit it, but I'm use generally being inept at getting into the right position.

I have to get the weapon, as this char has been effectively created for it :)

• mcmothercruncher 14 Dec 2012 10:43:52 6,687 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you able to get to the crystal, turn around and (hold your nerve (and your shield!) ) and wait for him to advance on you?
    It's crucial that he breaks the crystal himself after closing in on you while you stand there 'cus he's then in the middle of the area and you've a bit more space to run around the exceedingly annoying side tails.
    I know I'm like a scratched record, but I couldn't believe how easily Great Combustion cut it, about 20 seconds after he'd hit the crystal and 4 cast of it and it was mine (all mine!!!!!!!). I ran around in circles several times before I was able to compose myself and remember I needed to then kill him ;)
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 10:45:08 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yup, I'm doing all that shite :)

Enter Fog
    Run past him
    Wait
    Wait
    Time Passes
    Wait
    Hit Crystal
    Seath is stunned
    Run towards the back of him
    Clearly too slowly/too stupidly
    Seath wakes up
    I die

• teamHAM 14 Dec 2012 11:10:53 2,860 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Hit Crystal
    Seath is stunned
    Run towards the back of him
    No. You need to run as soon as Seath begins moving his neck to begin his casting animation. As soon as he makes any kind of move you run around him as tightly as you can. There will be a 3-5 second gap from when he makes his first move to when he actually casts his shit and makes himself vulnerable. You use this time window to make it to his tail. This will give you a few guaranteed seconds of whaling on his tail. If you don't get the tail off then roll back pronto as he will usually do a tailswipe if you hang around behind him. It is then possible to finish the tail off when you get a chance.

• Dangerous_Dan 14 Dec 2012 11:20:20 2,380 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather You can also try the Power Within spell to do extra damage to his tail. I'm confident you gonna get the sword at your next try - or the one after that ;)
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 11:27:43 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah right, thanks chaps. I was waiting till he'd actually fired his stupid death ray. I'll keep an eye on his neck.

So at exactly what point do you hit the crystal? Soon as you see his neck move?

@Dan - thanks for the support, but I reckon I'll be here a while - this magic character has ripped through everything but the dukes + cave

• teamHAM 14 Dec 2012 11:29:42 2,860 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lol Quad.

You don't hit the crystal. Seath does. That's the whole point. You leave that nice shiny crystal alone!!! KK?

You are standing next to the crystal so that he comes over and casts his death ray on the crystal. You are a decoy. Doing it this way is like remote-detonating the crystal so you are already half way to his tail when the crystal is smashed.

So when you are standing next to the crystal, he comes towards you, begins the casting animation. At that point you boot it towards the tail. When you are about halfway he will cast his deathray at the crystal, smashing it. This means you will get some time to hit the tail before he has a chance to spin round and crush your sorry ass. Timing is key. If you run to late you will get killed by the death ray. If you run too soon he won't cast on the crystal and instead spin round and follow you, and of course still be invulnerable.

:)

Edited by teamHAM at 11:35:09 14-12-2012

• quadfather 14 Dec 2012 12:10:55 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LOL

and LOL again :)

FFS, that might fucking help I reckon :pPP

• Elathron 14 Dec 2012 14:33:13 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - Distract him - he's blind! Use Aural Decoy (sic) and hush/hidden body - he'll go for the decoy 50% of the time and you can run around and get one sneaky hit on his tail (as he's tracking the decoy). Worked with my sorc build so if you've got those spells it should see you through buddy.

Edited by Elathron at 14:37:10 14-12-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 14 Dec 2012 14:36:27 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's a good idea - I'll try that. Should have them knocking about. Cheers

• Elathron 14 Dec 2012 14:40:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nae worries, I found him a bit tough until I realised his blindness thing, it's how I stayed alive in his first grotto for so long... Slumbering dragoncrest works too I think? Although Hush silences your weapons too if I'm thinking right?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 14 Dec 2012 14:43:11 11,973 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How long does aural decoy last for?

• Elathron 14 Dec 2012 14:53:07 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Errr, not very long - it's more of a distraction. Kinda like a magic missile that starts laughing maniacally (for a few seconds) where it hits. You've gotta be a good shot with it though (manual aming at the floor or walls is a pain in the ass I admit, it's also only got the range of a soul arrow) but you'll know when it's worked because Seath often does a 180 spin to face it. The downsides are alleviated by a high number of castings, 30 or 40 if I remember rightly?

Edited by Elathron at 14:53:23 14-12-2012

• FourSevenZero 14 Dec 2012 15:09:24 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seaths blind? I really must pay more attention! I levelled up a couple of times last night and went through to the Bed of Chaos before calling it a night. But also went to farm some chunks in NLR got precisely zero but then a slab dropped! I just stared at in disbelief :)
  • Elathron 14 Dec 2012 15:18:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FourSevenZero - You know, I get Chunks every time... But Slabs? Only picked up one from a Titanite Lizard! A tip for getting more drops (this is a theory still until one of us does some serious stat taking), try parrying the DW's and kill them with a riposte with a high critical weapon. It seems to increase the drop rate of enemies - as it also increases the number of souls they drop on a single kill.
    And yeah, Seath's as blind as a bat. Very good hearing and his aggro points are based on sound intensity in his vicinity... When you first meet him, put on a slumbering dragoncrest and you can walk right up to him no probs. After a few minutes he'll start automatically attacking anywhere and anything (presumably his sense of smell still works) but there's a point you can stand (right up close to him) where his curse crystals wqon't kill you. Pointless I know, but you can test out which spells do more damage on him like this (I almost killed him on an NG character using a CSS/99int/BDCR/TCC/Dusk Crown - but his health regenerated almost instantly before I could get off another shot).

• Big-Swiss 15 Dec 2012 07:35:51 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    huging the prowling demon didn't work.............
  • Page

of 1198 First / Last