Dark Souls Page 642

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• FanBoysSuck 27 Nov 2012 21:51:35 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just got my giant armour pumped to plus 5 with the fap ring and at 46 end you can get the medium roll. This enables you to take off harvel's for whatever other ring you want. In my case it's the ring of steel protection for another 50 defence across the board!

Something else I've found out today:strength is bolstered by 50% while 2 handing. This means that if I boost my strength to 26 I can get the full 39 strength bonus. Useful for those using the fury sword and the BSS :D

For the emperor!

• Garlvinlandblueblood 27 Nov 2012 22:28:50 414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

Do you have any tips for doing the rare weapons and miracle trophies? These are my last two for the platinum but they also seem the hardest. Is it really just a case of farming rare weapons, making sure you meet every npc at the right time and farming for covenant items?

I got 3 silver trophies in a second on PS All Stars just a moment ago, so the fact these two look like a combined 50-100hrs seems a bit ridiculous...
  • FanBoysSuck 27 Nov 2012 22:39:09 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Garlvinlandblueblood wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher

Do you have any tips for doing the rare weapons and miracle trophies? These are my last two for the platinum but they also seem the hardest. Is it really just a case of farming rare weapons, making sure you meet every npc at the right time and farming for covenant items?

I got 3 silver trophies in a second on PS All Stars just a moment ago, so the fact these two look like a combined 50-100hrs seems a bit ridiculous...
    From what the guide says, you'll need at least 2 full play thoughts to get the weapons. All the miracles can be done in one minus the miracle that needs the last bosses soul.

For the emperor!

• mcmothercruncher 27 Nov 2012 22:41:14 7,080 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Unfortunately, yes, and the meeting of npcs and wahtnot at the right time is probably the hardest bit. The rare weapons are just a case of ploughing through the game 2.5 times to get the boss souls. Or, 3.5 in my case if you accidentally make the same fucking weapon from Sif's souls twice :champ:
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 27 Nov 2012 22:55:20 414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, ok. Better knuckle down.

I'm trying to talk myself out of starting a new character, but really want that platinum...
  • Typhoid 28 Nov 2012 01:41:53 26 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Typhoid 28 Nov 2012 01:42:08 26 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Garlvinlandblueblood

Heres a link to a guide for Prayer of the Maiden

http://www.trueachievements.com/a154452/prayer-of-a-maiden-achievement.htm
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 08:31:52 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got no chance doing platinum, I have far too many characters on the go for it to happen. Well over 300 hours and some haven't been used for so long its very hard to tell where they are as some are bb characters. There must be a way to tell what ng you're on like demons isn't there?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• FourSevenZero 28 Nov 2012 08:54:09 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Unfortunately, yes, and the meeting of npcs and wahtnot at the right time is probably the hardest bit. The rare weapons are just a case of ploughing through the game 2.5 times to get the boss souls. Or, 3.5 in my case if you accidentally make the same fucking weapon from Sif's souls twice :champ:
    Lol, that's a bummer mate, I'm terrified I'm going to do that! I just need to make fists and the sword for the trophy but no idea which one I need to make, how the hell do you tell??? Well done on the imminent plat by the way :)

Edited by FourSevenZero at 08:55:24 28-11-2012
  • Tuffty 28 Nov 2012 09:21:05 1,593 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know I should mix and match but I love my furysword so goddamn much. Cleans through everything lately and am able to kill bosses in one try including Sif and Priscilla. It's a part of my character now, an extension rather than an accessory. But I've decided to at least use my furysword to get more titanite and upgrade some weapons to max, just to see what's good. I've a Divine Iaito, but nothing else other than that so maybe a magic weapon or a dark one for my dexterity build.

This game! :D
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 09:31:08 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty - it's a bloody cool weapon I have to agree. the only time I don't use it, is towards the final areas of ng, where it doesn't cut it as much, ng+ and beyond, and against fire resistant characters.

I can tell you that if you're a dex character, a balder side sword and/or a uchi are great replacements. They may not look like much on the stat screen, but don't worry about it, and get them upgraded, and you'll soon start to see enemies drop like flies. And then just buff it for bosses

• Architect_z 28 Nov 2012 09:32:35 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Just dishing out justice to the Knights in Anor Londo Architect.
    The Dark Silver Tracer +5 was getting 962 backstabs and the Bandit's Knife + 14 got 882. A +15 probably quite even but still just outpaced stock by the Tracer, unless you have a buff on as Fiery mentioned.
    Now, I'd parry too, for the info, but I'm playing human and getting invaded like crazy- I need to save some flasks for just getting through ;)
    Nice one, so bandit knife isnt really too bad because if I do buff it, it will deal even more. Hmmmmmm.
  • Architect_z 28 Nov 2012 09:44:29 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been doing some invading around the painted world yesterday. I finding it hard to decide on weapons in PvP. I'm still pretty new to it.
    I found the claymore to be pretty sweet, mainly because any light weight people I was invading got stunlocked after one hit, and it was a case of chop, chop, chop = dead.

But i'm having alot of trouble with people who have ultra-greatswords/giant hammers/giant axes etc.
    Plus has anyone got any tips for taking down multiple enemies?
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 09:51:08 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My only tip is to not pvp :-P

• Dangerous_Dan 28 Nov 2012 10:00:18 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z

Upload some stuff or find a tool which slows your upload rate.
    It's all about lag advantage.
    Or build an auto lag switch, quite easy I guess.

Yeah I'm that cynical about it by now ;)
  • Tuffty 28 Nov 2012 10:36:16 1,593 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather I don't think I have the uchigatana even though I've seen it mentioned by players earlier than me. Must have missed it somewhere.

My furysword is so good I think it cheated me out of the emotion of the fight with Sif. I imagine for a good few people that fight took more than their first attempt to complete and their fight was long and arduous, and only when you saw Sif limping that you felt remorse. For me, that fight as over in 2 mins, and I didn't even see him limp cause of the damage I was wielding on him as he was recovering from an attack. XD But still, I did see a video of a hard earned fight and saw it then. Poor Sif :(

Edited by Tuffty at 10:36:47 28-11-2012
  • Lotos8ter 28 Nov 2012 10:40:02 2,360 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    There must be a way to tell what ng you're on like demons isn't there?
    FROM could do a lot better for the character screen in their games.
    A page for each character with stats VIT 27 FAITH 34 etc and which NG++++ you're on. A checklist of beaten bosses would be good too.

Taurus Demon - defeated
    Sif - defeated
    Ormstein - currently wanking over your twitching corpse :)

It would be really helpful

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 28 Nov 2012 10:44:07 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty - you can get the uchi from either killing the male undead burg merchant, or buying it from Shiva after you've joined the forest covenant. Or you could just get the iaito from blighttown - it's very similar.

the balder sword is only dropped by the sword weilding balder knights in the undead parish (and perhaps the few in sens, at the top). Crappy drop rate, but worth a punt for a bit as they're very good swords. Note that the balder knights that wield the rapier will never drop it - it's only the sword wielding knights that can.

Yeah, I feel sorry for sif more than anything in this game. Especially the alternative cut scene after you rescue him/her in the dlc. /sniff

• quadfather 28 Nov 2012 10:45:55 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    There must be a way to tell what ng you're on like demons isn't there?
    FROM could do a lot better for the character screen in their games.
    A page for each character with stats VIT 27 FAITH 34 etc and which NG++++ you're on. A checklist of beaten bosses would be good too.

Taurus Demon - defeated
    Sif - defeated
    Ormstein - currently wanking over your twitching corpse :)

It would be really helpful
    Yeah, that would be very useful. I am spending 10-20 minutes each time I fire it up now, trying to work out what the hell is going on. Finally found a character that looked good with not much done, and then realised I must be on ng+, coz things were taking twice as long to drop. Except me. :)

• mcmothercruncher 28 Nov 2012 13:23:21 7,080 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The big heavy stuff in pvp, either annoy them with high poise, good shield and a long spear, or, better still, two hand it in light gear and coax them into an attack. Their animation will be so slow you can slip sideways and cut away :)
    As they're probably close to one shoting you, you might as well go light and dance about anyway.

Totally agree on the interface- it just misses some very basic bits, like an NG+ indicator as you say. Plus, unless I've missed something , if I forget whether I'm human or hollow I have to take my helm off and spin the camera around to check!
  • FourSevenZero 28 Nov 2012 13:38:07 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Or you could look at the humanity counter, if it's lit up your human if it's greyed out, your dead.
  • ZuluHero 28 Nov 2012 13:59:14 4,168 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holy hell - I only went back to DA to get the crystal golum to access the DLC and ended up staying there all night! I got all the way to the boss in the Crystal Caves!

Edited by ZuluHero at 14:00:48 28-11-2012
  • Architect_z 28 Nov 2012 14:09:47 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I really want the Great Lord Greatsword, but apparently it sucks?
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 14:13:28 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it's bobbins - it does 370 damage at +5, but scales D with strength and dex. I'm guessing it'll have the standard greatword moveset

• quadfather 28 Nov 2012 14:13:47 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't enchant it either, etc

• Architect_z 28 Nov 2012 14:34:08 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But it looks so cooooool! Claymore is just abit old hat now.
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 14:40:19 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What's the most bad-ass looking weapon then? I need to compliment my badass thief character with something that looks cool. Current is black leggings, hollow armour and gargoyle helm. Looks pretty cool, but there must be better, weapon included?

• Architect_z 28 Nov 2012 14:46:43 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The notched whip!

Ornsteins Spear?
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 28 Nov 2012 14:51:51 414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The tracers! Or the Guardian Tail!

I know a guy means business if they carry a Guardian Tail.
  • quadfather 28 Nov 2012 15:10:19 12,152 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Guardian tail eh, I'll whip it out and have a look. (geddit!)

Thinking of the titanite catchpole too...

• Page

of 1201 First / Last