Dark Souls Page 635

• Page

of 1196 First / Last

• Big-Swiss 20 Nov 2012 10:13:02 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    the area names in my game are in german, so I always have to translate;)

I don't know where Blightown is, but I have a awesome poison resistance!!

the valley of drakes is, when I go down at the fire shrine, and then over and back up, trough the gate. yes, I opened the gate, but didn't go further, cause I felt too weak, then went back down and to the ghosts and got beat up pretty bad;))

Im on PS3
  • teamHAM 20 Nov 2012 10:19:21 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:going in the back entrance
    :)
    lol :-P

But yeah the Capra is a pain. he always seems so much tougher than the level. Just gotto get them dogs down then its so much easier. I've also found that there is a chance the dog on the right can get glitched on one of the pillars in that porch area that he starts in, so that just leaves you the boss and the dog that comes down the stairs. Doesn't happen often though.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 20 Nov 2012 10:22:42 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    the area names in my game are in german, so I always have to translate;)

I don't know where Blightown is, but I have a awesome poison resistance!!

the valley of drakes is, when I go down at the fire shrine, and then over and back up, trough the gate. yes, I opened the gate, but didn't go further, cause I felt too weak, then went back down and to the ghosts and got beat up pretty bad;))

Im on PS3
    Yes. When you opened that gate and it said Valley of Drakes you are near back entrance to Blight town. All you gotto do is go over the wooden bridge and in the massive cave entrance in front of you. Beware though there are 3 tough monsters in there that you should lure out one by one to kill. Then once you done that and are in blighttown properly, keep heading right and down. down the ladders and you will come to a big wheel. jump on the platform for it to take you down and keep going to the bottom of the town so you are on the poisonous swamp. keep going to the left hugging the wall, kill some monster there, then you will come to an opening with a bonfire. rest up then you can explore the area. be careful of getting poisoned and also little flies that just follow you everywhere. But there is a lot of nice loot here.

As for the drakes. Yeah they hit pretty hard. It's not urgent to do it as there is not much stuff there and the drakes can kill pretty fast at a low level.

Edited by teamHAM at 10:23:45 20-11-2012

• FourSevenZero 20 Nov 2012 10:38:18 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A fun and 'easy' way to get souls early on that I do is co-op on the Bell Tower Gargoyles, just put your sign outside the church before the blacksmith entrance and you should get loads of action and a fair amount of souls to level up and upgrade your gear.
  • mcmothercruncher 20 Nov 2012 10:43:19 6,492 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Souls is the gaming equivalent of "going in the back entrance" - risky, difficult to negotiate, but the rewards are well worth the effort ;)
  • teamHAM 20 Nov 2012 10:47:58 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

It sounds like you are talking from a wealth of experience there ;)

• Mr_Sleep 20 Nov 2012 11:22:57 16,854 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    also little flies that just follow you everywhere.
    It's between them and the archers of Anor Londo for which is the most annoying enemy on the game. I think it's still probably the flies. The amount of times they were involved in my characters death is painful to think about.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Big-Swiss 20 Nov 2012 11:24:59 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    can you kill the flies?
  • PenguinJim 20 Nov 2012 11:31:41 5,761 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The blood-vomiting mosquito things? Yes.

After all the talk of the balder side sword in this thread, I decided to pick one up. Put on the covetous serpent ring and hacked my way from the Undead Parish to the Sunlight Altar. No dice. :(

So I threw on the symbol of avarice and ran back, and FINALLY one dropped!

Have taken it to +15 and I'm loving it! :)
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Nov 2012 11:34:18 16,854 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    can you kill the flies?
    Aye, it's just that they are on a relatively constant spawn and they are fiddly to hit with many weapons. Make sure you take arrows or a crossbow but even then it can be fiddly. They also get stuck on the scenery and randomly appear. They're a fucker.

You are a factory of sadness.

• teamHAM 20 Nov 2012 11:44:29 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah they also have a tendancy to come up through the floor to a point where they can hit you and you can't hit them.

Also a word of caution. I find in Blighttown its better to have a thrusting weapon, especially when you are up high as there is nothing worse than swinging with big two handed greatsword to get rid of said flies and you end up just lunging off the ledge to your death :(

• Puppaz 20 Nov 2012 11:45:19 319 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We should start a Eurogamer fists only DS team
  • puddleduck 21 Nov 2012 00:57:31 1,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having finally dived into the DLC I've had some good fun. Clearly massively overlevelled with my SL126 character, but I wanted to explore without being swatted by everything and it's been nice killing somewhere that isn't Anor Londo for a change.

Nice dying from mere exploration again. "Hmm, wonder if there's anything down here...." "You died".

Only living thing to kill me so far has been Kalameet. However I'm thinking I have to do something to actually make that fight possible, as when I stuck a summon sign down and helped some people beat him, I noticed he does actually land. Nothing like the stubborness of spending a good 30-45 minutes trying to hit him with random attacks whilst he flies over my head burning me to death over and over before finally thinking, "Sod it, let's see how this goes in someone else's game."

Other than that flying douche nothing too troubling so far, but then I'm clearly overlevelled! Ciaran's light armour is pretty decent. Can't wait for Thursday now, whole day off to go exploring :D

Edited by puddleduck at 00:58:04 21-11-2012

Oh, anyone else finding messages and shineys aren't showing up properly in the DLC? Seems a bit buggy in that sense.

Edited by puddleduck at 00:58:53 21-11-2012
  • ZuluHero 21 Nov 2012 01:32:43 4,030 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't do it anymore - i'm level 50 and hit a wall. I'm at the end of Anor Londo, not like i can kill the two bastards at the end. I've tried going to other areas, but i don't seem to be making any real progress and can't rack up enough souls to level anymore.

I've made friends with the Cheshire Cat, so soul farming in Darkroot is out of the question, and the bloody wolf is just too fast. I can get him down to half by staying under him, but its impossible.

Demon's Souls was way easier than this. I finished that in about 26 hours. I've already played past that in Dark.
  • FourSevenZero 21 Nov 2012 08:50:17 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ZuluHero I'm a big fan of co-op, unless your determined to do it solo (then I salute you!) but helping others bags loads of souls and will get you past the frustrating bits. I normally get some help for my game if I can't do it solo then hang around and help a few people out, level stuff up and move on. But don't give up, there's always a way!
  • Tuffty 21 Nov 2012 08:59:36 1,507 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero There is always definately a way, with O&S I would just go human and see if there's a summon sign anywhere. But it can be done solo, I'm speaking from experience.

Also, I could be wrong about this, but those human characters in the Darkroot Garden don't have permadeath, they always respawn back after visiting a bonfire. I was in the Forest Hunters covenant, stopped, came back and was still able to talk to the cat, so don't worry about that.

Also on top of that, if you don't have the souls to level up, spend them on upgrading your weapon of choice instead

Edited by Tuffty at 08:59:52 21-11-2012
  • Red_Bool 21 Nov 2012 09:09:42 1,173 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZuluHero - What @Tuffty said. I beat O&S by summoning Solaire and another (real) player (summon signs should be plentiful near the white mist entrance). Make sure you have enough Humanity (you can harvest it from the rats in the Depths) - mind that I was SL70 when I beat them (I'm rubbish, but also tenacious ;))
  • ZuluHero 21 Nov 2012 09:10:35 4,030 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    when you attacked them though - did they all become aggressive again?

EDIT: From that point on wards i mean - of does the BF reset that too?

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:11:47 21-11-2012
  • PenguinJim 21 Nov 2012 09:23:49 5,761 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I can't do it anymore - i'm level 50 and hit a wall.
    If you want to grind up a bit at that point, try hitting a painting instead.

Might involve curling up like an egg.

If you have the pyro Poison spell, there's a super-easy way to grind thousands of souls, although Poison isn't a necessity.
  • ZuluHero 21 Nov 2012 09:29:44 4,030 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well i summoned Solaire, but I got invaded just before going in as well - he underestimated me though - didn't expect me to be so nimble. I was like MC hammer. Can't touch this! And I was already going through the fog door as he tried to back-stab me hahah.

I felt so satisfied when it said "so-and-so has returned to their own world" I can imagine him being quite pissed

I'm not particularly precious about solo-ing - but i haven't needed anyone's help to do anything else (beyond the normal NPC summons) I didn't realise you could summon multiple people!
  • quadfather 21 Nov 2012 10:11:53 11,873 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ZuluHero - its always been a bastard fight first playthrough, but if you have solaire and another real player, your role is to heal the other player by using your estus and getting the odd poke in. Tou

You're well rewarded after this fight so don't give up!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 21 Nov 2012 10:49:24 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thinking of joining the good old dark wraiths and invading the innocent.

At SL 120, which area is best to invade people?
  • fiery_jackass 21 Nov 2012 11:37:12 462 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Architect_z
    I find duelling best in undead burg or Oolacile Township. Invading (i.e. being a shit) always works nicely in catacombs and duke's archives. Too many gankers in the forest and anor londo for my liking.
  • slovowski 21 Nov 2012 11:39:47 34 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @puddleduck to beat Kalameet you've gotta beat artorias then in the next area you'll find a key that unlocks a room above the artorias fight talk to the person and he'll help bring him to the ground
  • Big-Swiss 21 Nov 2012 11:42:08 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sorry, but where in darkroot garden can you farm souls? where is that cat?
  • ZuluHero 21 Nov 2012 11:52:47 4,030 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Big-Swiss There is a door in Darkroot that needs a seal to open it. You can buy it for 20K souls from the BS in the Undead Parish.

There is also a hidden bonfire to the left of that door where there is a ruin/pile of rubble.

Beyond it there is a forest with 4 human enemies in it. The trick is to run in a loop of the forest and aggro the enemies then run back to the stairs you enter by. At the right hand side as you are running at it there is a small ledge you can stand on. If you wait there the enemies will try and get to you, but their pathfinding is a bit crap and they’ll run up the stairs instead. If you wait, they will try and drop down on you, but most of the time they will overshoot the ledge you’re on, or land on your head and bounce off, meaning they fall to their death. Easy kill.

You can net around 7k souls for a 1 min run. Just go back to the hidden Bonfire, reset the enemies and wash and repeat.

The Cat is at through that bit of the forest. You'll come to a ruined keep and she's sitting in the window. If you make friends, the human enemies in the forest before it won't attack you anymore.
  • Big-Swiss 21 Nov 2012 12:34:49 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thanks for the help!
  • Architect_z 21 Nov 2012 12:38:24 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @fiery_jackass - Hmmmmm, I like that name, I wanna be a shit in Sens Fortress, maybe tomb of the giants. ^_^
  • Architect_z 21 Nov 2012 13:32:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmmmm should I become a dark wraith, or do some gravelord serving?
  • fiery_jackass 21 Nov 2012 16:16:58 462 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Architect_z
    Never had much action as a gravelord myself. Much prefer being a wraith. Busier.

Darkmoon is a good way to go to get a feel for things. Not as busy as wraith (in my experience) but a bit easier to access plus you can still feed things to snake-boy. Just don't talk to the snake after getting the Lord vessel if you want to be a wraith later that playthrough

My problem with Darkmoon is that it seems to greatly increase the chance of invading lower level players. Not really fair and not as much fun to duel with
  • Page

of 1196 First / Last