Dark Souls Page 624

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• Lotos8ter 2 Nov 2012 10:56:16 2,349 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've used a similar tactic using Black Pharis Bow (shamelessly stolen from Epinamebro) - kill the last 2 lightning gargoyles then stand where one of them was in the archway furthest from the archers - you're out of range of them (just). Get your poison arrows out and aim above and left each archer - you only need to make contact twice and they're poisoned and fucked. Wait the poison out and then go and claim your Soul of a Hero (near left archer) to buy more arrows with.

Edited by Lotos8ter at 10:56:45 02-11-2012

Fiat Lux

• Red_Bool 2 Nov 2012 11:07:11 1,173 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks guys! I actually tried both your approaches already: peeking around the corner at the middle block got me killed (too slow to get back to cover) and trying from the archway with the two gargoyles I got the impression that my arrows didn't get far enough...

I guess I must try harder then :)
  • Dangerous_Dan 2 Nov 2012 11:24:12 2,372 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Probably somebody else already posted this but looks like the frame rate in blighttown on console got sorted out with the prepare to die edition. Good stuff.
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2012 11:26:22 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @quadfather

Aye, took me about half an hour or so to get 7 or 8 out of the lanky bastards (1.05). Was pretty handy actually, scored a decent amount of souls out of the runs too.
    Hmm, that's not bad for half an hour. I might give that a go. If my faith char is strong enough - no fking idea what level she's at tbh :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 2 Nov 2012 11:28:03 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    @FuzzyDuck - Cheers mate! I'll have a stroll through the painted world tonight then before getting back to business on those archers :)

I have the Pharis bow (upgraded to +4 I believe), which I use for luring out enemies and taking cheap shots, but I can't find a proper spot where I can get a clear shot at them and they can't hit me (what I loving call "Skyrim tactics" ;)) Their arrows pack quite a punch!
    I go down to the (last two) lightning gargoyles, kill them, and then leg it up to the next block while being shot at. I then have to time and nudge my way slightly out to the right and hit the guy with a couple of poison arrows before he can return fire. Then it's the waiting game. Cheap, I know, but the guy on the left then becomes a doddle. :)
    This. It's not cheap either, because those archers are cunts.

If I could, I'd sell my grandmother to get rid of those wankers :)

• quadfather 2 Nov 2012 11:29:12 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    Probably somebody else already posted this but looks like the frame rate in blighttown on console got sorted out with the prepare to die edition. Good stuff.
    yup, confirmed - I was on the ps3 version last night in bt and there were no issues at all

• senso-ji 2 Nov 2012 11:37:52 5,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

Nice. Did the patch sort that out or are you playing the retail release (if there's a difference)?
  • Dangerous_Dan 2 Nov 2012 12:13:11 2,372 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @senso-ji I'm playing the retail release and quaddy the DLC upgraded version if I remember correctly - both seem to be fixed now. Of course the 1.06 patched version as well. The actual DLC is tiny, less than 1 MB some said. It basically just grants you the warp capability to the new area.
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2012 12:19:17 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup, that's right, the actual dlc was about 500kb I think, whereas patch 1.06 took all year. Yes, I'm on dlc

• FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2012 12:21:31 3,841 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    yup, confirmed - I was on the ps3 version last night in bt and there were no issues at all
    Ye've got to be kidding?! I'm heading into Blighttown later so, this is fantastic! \o/
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2012 12:41:33 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - Yup, it's all true! I was there and only died to my own incompetence :)

• FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2012 12:44:41 3,841 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

Haha! :D Fantastic news. Wonder how NL Ruins is?
  • Buztafen 2 Nov 2012 12:46:42 16,045 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @senso-ji I'm playing the retail release and quaddy the DLC upgraded version if I remember correctly - both seem to be fixed now. Of course the 1.06 patched version as well. The actual DLC is tiny, less than 1 MB some said. It basically just grants you the warp capability to the new area.
    DLC download is 350mb on the 360. Surely 359mb of that isnt fixes. Good to hear Blighttown is better. Never had a problem with the framerate myself but it'll stop others using it as a black mark against my favourite game. :)
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Nov 2012 12:49:17 3,841 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye, the patch is a stealth-download of the content. Think the PS Store grants you a 100Kb unlock file on purchase.
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2012 12:50:37 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, this is making me want to play demon's souls again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZdlrnW84kM

• Dangerous_Dan 2 Nov 2012 12:54:06 2,372 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Buztafen The 1.06 patch on PS3 has about 370 MB so that's all the additional content of the game. If you want the new areas it's only a small 500 kB patch to unlock it.
  • Buztafen 2 Nov 2012 13:01:21 16,045 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aaah right, so the patch includes the new areas too. Like what EA do with BF3 patches then, only those are over a gig usually.
  • FourSevenZero 2 Nov 2012 13:22:43 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    Ye've got to be kidding?! I'm heading into Blighttown later so, this is fantastic! \o/
    Seriously that is great news :) I've just started PtDE and only ran in and out of BT quickly to get Mildred's Butchers Knife (idea shamelessly stolen from ENB's vid!)so didn't really notice. Maybe that's a good thing, I'll be heading back as soon as to check it out, cheers for the news (:
  • Lotos8ter 2 Nov 2012 13:32:40 2,349 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    and trying from the archway with the two gargoyles I got the impression that my arrows didn't get far enough...
    Yeah, it looks like you aren't doing damage and it IS a bit of a bugger but 2 poison arrows in quick succession - if they connect will do the trick

Fiat Lux

• mcmothercruncher 2 Nov 2012 13:58:05 6,381 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Man, this is making me want to play demon's souls again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZdlrnW84kM
    Love that. It has been about a year since I last played Demon's Souls but watching that video shows me I still know every single corner of it like the back of my hollowed hand. I don't think, no, I know I've never invested so much time thought and energy into another companies games.
  • Elathron 2 Nov 2012 14:07:21 1,189 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Speaking of the Silver Knight Archers. You can take them on one at a time as well - if you use an int. build then you can use hidden body/muffle/slumbering dragon-crest ring and walk right up to either one without a shot being fired for the most part. There's also a point halfway up the 1st section of the bridge that leads up to them where the one on the right is partially obscured by the central pillar. If you jig around a bit with your shield up, you'll find a point where the arrows they fire will embed in the ornate railings, but you can shoot them with impunity. I did leave a "here!" message for those playing XBL, but am I right in thinking that those only show up if I'm online?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 2 Nov 2012 14:13:36 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Love that. It has been about a year since I last played Demon's Souls but watching that video shows me I still know every single corner of it like the back of my hollowed hand. I don't think, no, I know I've never invested so much time thought and energy into another companies games.
    It's a joy to watch isn't it. I know he uses glitches, but I don't care about that. The way he dodges 99% of enemies is stunning.

I miss the darkness of demon's souls. I've never felt so alone in a video game than I did in 3-1 and 3-2. It's amazing

I daren't think how much time I've spent on the souls games. I might check at the weekend. Definitely definitely definitely over 300 hours on dark souls, probably more.

• Lotos8ter 2 Nov 2012 14:39:03 2,349 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just watched that 48min speed run - amazing but a wee bit glitchy to be truly stunning. I'm off for a tinker on DeS (avoiding DD naturellement)

Fiat Lux

• mcmothercruncher 2 Nov 2012 14:52:38 6,381 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He (she) is such a little tease. Run straight up to an enemies face and then flit away like it ain't no thing ;)

I forgot how much I loved the Adjudicator music. And his shield too.

I think I stopped at 240 hours for Demon's and am currently at about that in Dark Souls. Honestly, we could be building an empire to rival Donald Trump with that sort of dedication :confused:
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2012 14:53:56 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, it's fun to watch. Boss destruction overload :)

there's a non-glitchy 54 minute run somewhere about, I think that's classed as the pinnacle

• quadfather 2 Nov 2012 14:54:50 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah, here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWi6t8Psv9w

• FanBoysSuck 2 Nov 2012 15:29:00 1,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers quad, that's the last hour of work sorted! I got quite annoyed at the glitch run actually, it kind of betrays the point of the game. The point being that game will fuck you but you can fuck it right back in most cases. Glitches might as well be using a cheat code.

For the emperor!

• quadfather 2 Nov 2012 15:32:45 11,735 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know what you mean. I prefer the non-glitchy ones, but I had to watch that one, because the way he/she moves through the levels is awesome

I'd watch that 54 minute one too, if my boss wasn't around :)

• Elathron 2 Nov 2012 15:49:01 1,189 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I'd watch that 54 minute one too, if my boss wasn't around :)
    Amen to that. I wonder how much humanity he's holding....

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Red_Bool 2 Nov 2012 22:16:29 1,173 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, the poison arrow trick is working (as we speak ;)) Elathron is correct (as usual): you can stand on the walkway with the ornate railings and they will block the arrows :D Great advice from everyone!

...ah they're dead, must continue :)
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last