Thread disappeared? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • speedofthepuma 7 Sep 2010 21:15:42 13,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Comments and forum are different communities fwiw.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Retroid Moderator 7 Sep 2010 21:22:10 44,803 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Thanks, nice... there's more than one idiot in there. Whilst the majority are positive the few idiots make it fucking embarrassing
    This is true.
  • Deleted user 7 September 2010 21:25:23
    Razz wrote:
    Thanks, nice... there's more than one idiot in there. Whilst the majority are positive the few idiots make it fucking embarrassing

I've now read it, wish I hadn't. Feel abit sick actually.

• Deleted user 7 September 2010 21:25:57
    Retroid wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    This is true.

Erm, so ban them. Get the ban hammer out and deal with it?
  • Deleted user 7 September 2010 22:15:13
    Retroid wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    holy crap! wtf is benno doing! -239 O_O
    i think those who obviously got banned for untasteful comments should be kept at arms length when they return imo.
    I'm taking him at his word that he was quoting Friends :)
    without seeing the comment i couldn't guess the context. it's a shame, as some members will still class him as a cunt, regardless of his excuse.
  • speedofthepuma 7 Sep 2010 22:19:12 13,293 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can go and see his comment right now I believe, if you're interested.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Deleted user 7 September 2010 22:44:33
    Retroid wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    i think those who obviously got banned for untasteful comments should be kept at arms length when they return imo.

Yes he is. It's a reference to the episode where Joey protected Ross from a car backfiring (but sounded like a gunshot) but he was really reaching to protect his sandwich.
  • LionheartDJH 7 Sep 2010 22:46:29 19,486 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just had a read through that comments thread, bit of a depressing read in fairness. Even if benno was referencing Friends it wasn't the most tactful of things to say really.

She dives for cheese pasties

• kentmonkey 7 Sep 2010 22:46:40 20,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    a) it was still insensitive
    b) the joke's not even funny
    c) the situation wasn't one to make light of
    d) if you're still quoting lines from Friends you should be banned for life
  • Deleted user 7 September 2010 22:58:34
    lol @ d. :D

i was refering to those on the 24hr GI. although i was surprised at bennos' comment. bad benno! *wags finger*
  • Khanivor 7 Sep 2010 23:08:45 40,859 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never been able to understand the reverence people give to other people they have never met nor had any relationship of any sort with who happen to die a tragic death.

OK, some folk might have played the game built by a team of which this fella was one person. But do ya think if you'd shown up at his house to say "Cheers mate" you'd be invited in? So I guess I don't understand why this story is such big news over most gaming sites today. Well, I can see why there's an interest in the story but I don't get why everyone seems overcome with emotion. Dare I say it, it seems a tad contrived.

Now, if one of the other two people who died in the crash happened to be a very successful CoH map-maker then you'd have a story!
  • Syrette 8 Sep 2010 00:21:58 43,599 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Retroid in the comments.

Some people on here are making my finger awful itchy.

You don't like the fact a death within the gaming community is being reported on? Don't comment. Comment on something else. This is the internet and not a network TV channel, you're not forced to sit through this article before getting to something you're interested in.

Seriously. You should take a look at yourselves and think if you'd react / argue this way to people's faces rather than walls of text.

Wonder why internet posters can get a bad reputation? This is why.

• Syrette 8 Sep 2010 00:30:25 43,599 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

• lucky_jim 8 Sep 2010 00:54:50 5,308 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was tasteless and the moderation was needed. But I read far, far worse things on the Daily Fail's comments threads when Slipknot's Paul Gray died. Even more shocking given the comments were pre-moderated.

Ok, obviously I expect better of this place than that hate-filled rag, but in terms of pig-headed ignorance in the face of grief Eurogamer comes nowhere near!
  • Benno 8 Sep 2010 01:05:06 9,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:

It was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsJtbZA1veo&p=AC58F37E44A30C8F&playnext=1&index=66

and then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnLC1DBDVU&feature=related

bit insensitive, but i think people took things a bit too far :) seen a lot worse round these parts
  • Deleted user 8 September 2010 02:10:05
    DcP729UK wrote:
    bad benno! *wags finger*
    ;-)
  • warlockuk 8 Sep 2010 02:34:44 19,181 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, Benno - lots worse here on the forum for sure.

But not on a fucking news article about some guy dying. Not only did you make a joke on the comments of a story about a guy's death but you referenced friends, apparently. Now go and sit and think about what you've done.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Razz 8 Sep 2010 10:49:18 61,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So Benno was referencing friends o_0 ok...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hunkyjim 8 Sep 2010 10:55:30 178 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The One Where Bad Things Happen And People Take Themselves Too Seriously
  • Deleted user 8 September 2010 15:02:52
    Shikasama 07/09/10 @ 15:11 ignore poster | #21 -11 altitude2k - Me too, I don't consider myself as part of the gaming community at all. How is swerving to avoid an oncoming car 'heroic'? It's like people who have cancer are automatically 'brave'. Honestly the amount of esntimental bullshit surrounding things like this is astounding. Do you even know how many people died in car crashes that day? Or were murdered? Raped? Tortured? Bad things happen. To everyone. Even to people whose only connection to you is that they sold you something.
    wow, so people aren't allowed to show sympathy for strangers now? i think some of us are de-evolving.
  • Fab4 8 Sep 2010 15:28:25 6,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    Shikasama 07/09/10 @ 15:11 ignore poster | #21 -11 altitude2k - Me too, I don't consider myself as part of the gaming community at all. How is swerving to avoid an oncoming car 'heroic'? It's like people who have cancer are automatically 'brave'. Honestly the amount of esntimental bullshit surrounding things like this is astounding. Do you even know how many people died in car crashes that day? Or were murdered? Raped? Tortured? Bad things happen. To everyone. Even to people whose only connection to you is that they sold you something.

wow, so people aren't allowed to show sympathy for strangers now? i think some of us are de-evolving.

Its just 'evolving'....Evolution doesnt require positive progression ;)
  • Benno 8 Sep 2010 15:43:27 9,933 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My sandwich post is at -350, what the hell, goes to show just how many people go and read buried comments regardless

also, thanks to the 4 people who have PMed me
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 17:01:21
    The wrong thread for Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom has been deleted, is it still possible to bring it back?

Ta!
  • muttler 7 Dec 2010 15:36:40 4,066 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Valkyria Chronicles thread seems to have disappeared too?
  • oldschoolsoviet 7 Dec 2010 21:54:17 5,488 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /VCDF

To arms o/

Where'd it go ?
  • pinebear 8 Dec 2010 08:18:06 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To Generalignoreland?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Dec 2010 08:22:01 38,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any idea who started the thread?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• oldschoolsoviet 8 Dec 2010 18:03:59 5,488 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roundabout way of viewing it from Google cache.

ilmaestro wasn't the OP, (disc ?), but the thread's been there since Oct, with missing OP.

/puzzlement
  • oldschoolsoviet 10 Dec 2010 14:49:36 5,488 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FFS, VC2 thread went as well. Fuckbags.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2010 09:42:12
    More threads gone missing?t I'll bring up the idea of us having official threads along the lines of neogaf in the "What would you like to see on Eurogamer in 2011," thread I'll have up sometime this week.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next