DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 8

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Tuffty 22 Nov 2012 11:10:50 1,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just can't stand this Dante. He's that guy who clicks dislike on a kitten video on Youtube and then tell the uploader to go kill themselves. Even if this was a new IP, I still wouldn't get past how annoying he is.

Edited by Tuffty at 11:11:08 22-11-2012
  • Adamical 22 Nov 2012 13:23:33 307 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    I just can't stand this Dante. He's that guy who clicks dislike on a kitten video on Youtube and then tell the uploader to go kill themselves. Even if this was a new IP, I still wouldn't get past how annoying he is.
    This.
  • King_Edward 22 Nov 2012 15:07:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I skipped the cut-scenes.
  • DeCoR 23 Nov 2012 03:37:19 130 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @King_Edward Me too, never do that in a game either.

Glad to see some people are enjoying it, just seems ok to me, don't like the art direction or enemy design too much. Was surprised how unforceful the attacks felt but thats probably due to too much Dark Souls on my part.
  • Gearskin 25 Nov 2012 13:32:09 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks and runs a tiny bit better on Xbox 360 for sure.

Here is my best, Nephilim difficulty.

10,123,968 - SSS

Got photo evidence of that on the Google machine.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:49:47
    Ive never been favourable of the art style/character design either, I dont think the colour palette does it any favours, and it certainly runs a bit ropey....but man am I complelety sold on this! Played the demo four times now and it just becomes more fun the more I play. The combat is deliciously robust, combo variations are lenghty and plentiful, high altitude juggling ftw baby!

Really cant wait for January 15th!
  • varsas 28 Nov 2012 03:01:18 2,373 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed playing the first level; not tried the second yet. The combat is excellent but I need more practice. I liked the visuals and I think it ran pretty well; certainly it felt more robust than Enslaved and Lords of Shadow.
  • nickthegun 28 Nov 2012 07:29:41 55,868 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My feeble brain could have lived without two separate controls to grab things. That's just unnecessary

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• King_Edward 28 Nov 2012 07:41:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd have preferred a lock on to having two buttons for dodge too. Western devs eh?
  • senso-ji 9 Dec 2012 20:56:49 5,315 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bit late, but I've just spent a good hour with the demo. I think the demo is excellent and if the full game continues to provide content over a considerable period of time then this might be second to DMC3 in the series. Dante aside, I thought the graphics and enemy design were brilliant, especially the boss. It's also fantastic that they've crammed each area with secret rooms and collectibles.

But the real star was the combat. Even though it's moving at 30fps, the controls are smooth and responsive, with a solid combo system to learn. The difficulties were excellently balanced as well. My only gripe is that the camera moves too slowly, which is a major problem in Dante Must Die mode where enemies hit you quickly and powerfully.

Will definitely be getting this in a few week's time.
  • King_Edward 9 Dec 2012 21:32:12 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If it's behind DMC3, that makes it 3rd in the series. :p
  • Gearskin 20 Dec 2012 19:45:15 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BAD ASS!
  • King_Edward 20 Dec 2012 21:01:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't like the frost guys. Broke my flow.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 17:29:44
    89% from GamesMaster!
  • King_Edward 2 Jan 2013 18:32:30 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So that's an Edge 5 :p

Seriously though, I have no interest in that rags opinion.
  • Gearskin 6 Jan 2013 14:14:43 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's clear this game is going to get a lot of rave reviews because it's clearly great.

I'm still AMAZED by the bile being spewed at it and the developers. I honestly can't think of the last time I saw "fans" get this worked up over something.

And I'm convinced that if this new take on the character had white hair then I wouldn't have been reading so much negative crap for the past two years.

I'm also getting really bored of reading about "Emo Dante". I mean... If the way a character looks before even opening his mouth can result in some kind of labelling, what would the face value of Dante in DMC3 be?

A white haired Justin Beiber in a red trenchcoat and no shirt.

What a guy!
  • King_Edward 6 Jan 2013 15:25:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dante was a bellend in DMC3 though. He was only ever cool in the first game. Then he went emo, then twat, then retard.

It's the framerate and the developers backlog that caused a fuss, but the demo was good, so if I can extort 60fps out of the PC version I'll be happy.
  • Gearskin 6 Jan 2013 16:08:33 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But the framerate hasnt made a blind bit of difference and, based on the demo, the heaps of videos, and previews of the near final product, the negative comments STILL flood in.

Ign posted a preview a short while ago... Comments section exploded.

Eurogamer? Exploded.

Capcom Unity stage demo? Exploded.

Early review news articles? Exploded. The reviews are wrong, apparently and the only reason its scoring well is because the mechanics are broken and the game is easy. Which means that people with "no skill" are made to feel like they have some and therefore enjoy this "atrocity".

This is the level we are dealing with.

I like games. I like reading about them. But having to wade into crap like that to find decent conversation? Kinda painful.

At this point, Ninja Theory has little to prove. I expect a metacritic rating in the high 80s. Wont stop the bile.
  • Tuffty 6 Jan 2013 16:11:29 1,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:I'm still AMAZED by the bile being spewed at it and the developers. I honestly can't think of the last time I saw "fans" get this worked up over something.
    Looking at the game from a less-biased point of view, judging it by its merits, citing its positives and negatives like any level-headed gamer should... that's all well and good, and should absolutely be the goal of any review that comes out for the game. It can come out with 8's and 9's across the board if it deserves it. There's nothing wrong with that.

But there's also nothing wrong with fans of the old games not being happy with the changes that have been made. Much in the way that the new Hitman might be good but it has enough changes in place to understandably upset fans to a degree, so too it could be the case with this one. DMC fans are in a bad position if we wanted to see a proper DMC game come back. If this does well we get DmC2. If not, Capcom blames fans, or the IP, and doesn't support it further.

Gearskin wrote:I'm also getting really bored of reading about "Emo Dante". I mean... If the way a character looks before even opening his mouth can result in some kind of labelling, what would the face value of Dante in DMC3 be?
    Doesn't help when NT come out on Day One practically slating the old Dante's design and attitude. This new Dante was an ugly character design to start with and perhaps it is too harsh to judge the character based off that alone, I can agree. But then you see the attitude he has. The things he says. It's just immature writing and trying far too hard to be 'edgy' to the point where DMC fans and neutrals alike have already made it clear about their distain for the character. I mean, have you seen anyone in here that does like him?

Edited by Tuffty at 16:16:05 06-01-2013

Edited by Tuffty at 16:16:47 06-01-2013
  • King_Edward 6 Jan 2013 16:16:36 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The framerate definitely makes a difference. It's still good, but it feels more sluggish than DMC4.

And NT have everything to prove. Heavenly Sword had some good ideas, but was ultimately shallow and clunky. Enslaved was just an awful game from top to bottom. Both were retail flops too.
  • Deckard1 6 Jan 2013 16:27:21 25,414 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gamers are whining cunts. Who knew.

Called it

• Gearskin 6 Jan 2013 20:59:25 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enslaved was an awful game?... Im out haha

With regard to the new Dante, we havent seen enough of him to form an opinion. Im confident this will have the best handled story of any DMC game. Probably the best characters too.

With regard to the fan reaction, they are not taking the game on its own merits. They wont admit that its good, even if it is.

Oh well. Little over a week to go. Got my pre order locked.
  • King_Edward 6 Jan 2013 21:13:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why should they admit it's good if they don't like it?

Like the game or don't like the game, but don't be an arsehole and try to tell people why they think what they think. It's completely unfair.
  • Gearskin 6 Jan 2013 23:02:35 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because its not a critique. Its biased against the product.

If people who shit on this from day one continue to shit on it, loudly, and back their bile fuelled arguments with inaccurace details... Well, imagine that was the gaming press as a whole.

I dont particularly enjoy the Walking Dead game series. I think its quite clunky under the thumb. But it does tell a great story. So I can see why its so well liked.

I didnt enjoy Bioshock. I felt the moral aspect of the game was weak and that the whole thing was quite repetitive. But the world of Rapture was amazingly well realised, and I loved the asthetic. I can see why it was so popular.

Where is the reasoned view of this game? Its not critical thinking. Its venom. Total venom.
  • King_Edward 6 Jan 2013 23:07:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't follow that. It makes no sense to me.
  • Gearskin 6 Jan 2013 23:18:16 2,037 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Makes perfect sense. Theres not liking something for a legitimate reason and then theres "this game is a shitstain".

The DmC fan reaction falls into the latter.

And it usually does so with other dross to back it up, like what I said above about the response to the review articles. Literally, there were a number of people arguing that Gamesmaster is "wrong" and that the "broken mechanics" make the shitty reviewer feel good. Resulting in a good score.

I mean... Really? Thats the level of critical thinking?

On another article, every comment which said "thats not Dante!" etc was thumbed up, whilst comments like "looking forward to this" got buried. Why the fuck would anyone bury a post like that?
  • King_Edward 6 Jan 2013 23:25:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well they're cunts, just ignore them. I'm not defending Retards like that. Just people with legitimate concerns about the developer and their direction.
  • SomaticSense 8 Jan 2013 13:36:32 7,047 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm with Gearskin on this. I'm a long time DMC fan (bought a PS2 soley for the first game) but this isn't even remotely like the Hitman situation.

It feels in every way, aside from character design, like a proper bone-fide DMC game in every aspect that matters. It just self-absorbed self-important stubborn emo cunts who can't admit they were wrong when a dev they slated from day 1 proves they jumped the boat a tad with the sometimes OTT criticism.

The Hitman hate was largely justified as the does play massively differently. This doesn't.

I do love the irony though. Obsessive fanboys acting all emo cuntily over a change in character to an emo cunt.
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 14:22:59 55,868 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its also Capcoms ‘time’. They have been involved in some outrageous nickel and diming of gamers recently and that coupled with a recent slump in quality and the reimagining of a well loved brand means it was a perfect internet shit storm.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 10:36:27 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only three reviews so far, a 9, a 9 and an 89%.

Long way to go but an encouraging start.....

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Page

of 25 First / Last