Crap games we still play

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • JoeGBallad 2 Aug 2010 10:52:09 383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, I'm not talking about games that are shite but some of us still defend. I'm talking about games that are shite and have no defence, and yet some of us still play them.

MGS4: one of the best-regarded PS3 games, right? I mean, I know it's amazing. But recently I've found myself sticking on Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and having a spin through Crisis City whenever possible. Why would anyone choose to play a broken level in a broken game over one of the best games of this generation? What's wrong with me? I'm not saying Sonic 2006 is any good; it's not. But I'm playing it over one of my favourite games ever!

Anyone else got any similar confessions, from this or any generation?

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Genji 2 Aug 2010 10:53:43 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played a lot of Bomberman 64, if only to somehow justify the money that I foolishly spent on it.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2010 10:54:05
    Halo 3.

Someone had to.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2010 10:58:44
    /Wise from your GWAVE

Altered Beast.
  • Murbal 2 Aug 2010 11:00:37 21,920 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sir Fred.
  • KayJay 2 Aug 2010 11:00:37 5,287 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont get the comment about MGS4!
    Is it great or is it crap? :-?

On topic, if its crap I dont tend to give it much love.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Aug 2010 11:02:17 43,132 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bioharvest wasn't all that, objectively, but I gave it an awful lot of love back in the day.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• oldschoolsoviet 2 Aug 2010 11:03:22 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh dear kj......

He's saying he prefers crappy Sonic over good MGS4.

Do keep up.
  • mrpon 2 Aug 2010 11:03:53 28,404 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Sir Fred.
    Give it up, it's shit! ;)

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• StarchildHypocrethes 2 Aug 2010 11:04:16 25,390 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iím only mentioning it here because everyone one else is so incredibly wrong and donít like it for some mysterious reason, but I still play Too Human every now and then and will continue to correct people by telling them that itís a good bloody game no matter the horrific cost to my reputation.

So there.
  • KayJay 2 Aug 2010 11:05:02 5,287 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Oh dear kj......

He's saying he prefers crappy Sonic over good MGS4.

Do keep up.

:-)
    Ahhhh, okay.

/pulls monday morning tired card ;-)
  • ChthonicEcho 2 Aug 2010 11:05:14 410 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any sort of simulator. Woodcutter simulator, bus city simulator, EuroTruck Simulator, and so on and so forth. Hours of joy.
  • NimbusTLD 2 Aug 2010 11:11:59 65 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /mentions Farmville

/ducks
  • Deleted user 2 August 2010 11:12:59
    i only 'keep playing' good games. only a retard would waste time playing 'crap' games...
  • JoeGBallad 2 Aug 2010 11:19:22 383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The advert for the n64 back in the day, the one with a clip of bomberman 64, made that game look good. Well, in my then 12 year old eyes!

• Cappy 2 Aug 2010 11:41:52 11,826 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /Puts on the Hair-Shirt of Shameô

Rumble Roses

It only cost a couple of quid, why not? I thought.

I don't even like wrestling in any form. I wasn't surprised to discover that it's not the best fighting game in terms of mechanics. I came close to switching it off in disgust when suddenly it clicked. Simply defeating an opponent wasn't the point, beating an opponent in the most amusing fashion possible was the objective that made it work.

I had a lot of fun working my way through the roster of opponents and making them look silly with the humiliation moves.
  • superted1974 2 Aug 2010 11:45:28 204 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I play Red Barron Arcade on PS3 alot but only because my 5 year old likes it.
    There is no debate - it is a crap game.
  • Blakester 2 Aug 2010 11:48:22 3,567 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sim Golf

Don't remember it ever getting any praise, but every year without fail I fire it up and have to play it solidly for a month or so. It's basically a golf course creation sim. Once you've finished your course you can play a round for fun or as a championship.

The actually golf gameplay is extremely limited, but there's something satisfying about mastering a hole you've created.

Just typing this has me itching to play it...

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• ModishNouns 2 Aug 2010 11:52:27 4,654 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Halo 3.

Someone had to.

I traded that shit in and I'd rather dig my eyes out with forks than play it again.
  • JoeGBallad 2 Aug 2010 11:59:32 383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    there's something satisfying about mastering a hole you've created

I could say something really inappropriate here. I won't though.

• heyyo 2 Aug 2010 12:07:18 14,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Genuinely not being flamebait here, but RDRedemption. Serious. Bought it full price on release, played 17 mins of it and got bored + the framerate made me queasy.

Full price though... means I have to play it, same with Mass Effect 2 but I haven't even opened that yet.

/sees drain
    /chucks life savings in

edit: read the OP properly, erm I think RDR is crap and has no defence, does that work?
  • Raiko101 2 Aug 2010 12:32:09 6,049 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd say I prefer Red Dead Revolver myself, but i've literraly only played a couple of hours worth of RDR. Still unsure as to why its named after a character that apparently isn't in the game.

Anyways, I played Bomberman 64 too, a few months back. It was a gift from a friend and i'd never heard of it before. I put it in, gave a controller to my girlfriend and away we went. 2 minutes in i'm completely confused. 20 minutes later it's definately crap.

Now for a seriously crappy game that I do still play from time to time. Mary-kate & Ashley's Sweet 16 Licence to Drive. The game is so bad its good. Where else could you play a game of tag without having to do anymore that move your thumb. If you've gota multitap it only gets better.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• TechnoHippy 2 Aug 2010 12:38:18 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Solitaire. Or Minesweeper.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• repairmanjack 2 Aug 2010 14:11:10 5,987 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My name's Jason, and I like Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

/hangs head
  • SYS64738 2 Aug 2010 14:14:15 1,575 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Funny - I read the thread title and immediately thought of MGS4 :D

Started this recently, but find it incredibly boring. I just want to finish it to see how it all ended/for the sake of closure really.

I'm half way tempted to trade it in (for 2 quid or something I likely will get :/ ), but my inner voice begs me to get on with it and complete it first.

edit: @ heyyo!: Was actually thinking of getting rid of MGS4 for RDR.... Oops:D Though from what I've seen on a mate's PS3 (the same that I got MGS4 from mind) it looks more fun than this self indulgent bore fest with clunky old game mechanics (IMO so far - have just started Act 2).
  • Deleted user 2 August 2010 14:15:09
    It's ok Jason, we're gonna get you through this.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Kosmoz 2 Aug 2010 14:16:31 7,579 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ChthonicEcho wrote:
    Any sort of simulator. Woodcutter simulator, bus city simulator, EuroTruck Simulator, and so on and so forth. Hours of joy.
    Have you played Forkilft Tuck Simulator yet?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• DFawkes 2 Aug 2010 14:21:07 22,580 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't think of a crap game I enjoy that I couldn't give at least a vaguely good reason for. Even Sniper: Ghost Warrior has awesome sniping (then promptly just goes to shit).

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• HarryPalmer 2 Aug 2010 14:23:11 3,029 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SYS64738 it definitely gets better. I enjoyed it from the start though.
  • SYS64738 2 Aug 2010 14:25:22 1,575 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the encouragement Harry. I heard the 3rd act is a key highlight (have a rough idea what's coming so unfortunately the surprise factor is gone). The cut scenes are just so incredibly dull, I couldn't care less what's being said while at the same time being worried to miss anything important so I don't wanna skip them.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous