The **OFFICIAL** Starcraft 2 Thread Page 49

• Page

of 54 First / Last

• disusedgenius 10 Apr 2012 19:42:09 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, and the IGN and KSL coverage is pretty good as well.
  • DrR0b3rts 10 Apr 2012 20:13:18 469 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sc2casts.com is excellent for vods. You can browse by caster if you want. As well as Tastosis, I recommend Mr Bitter/Rotterdam and Apollo (a Brit).
  • Machetazo 15 May 2012 22:59:38 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    His name is TotalBiscuit, and he sucks at Starcraft 2 :D
    I just happened across this, and it's a huge series of videos in which TB tries to document and show the learning curve of this game, through replays and analysis of situations that he encounters as a new player (there's live editions, people offer coaching advice, all sorts to see).
    It might be something that is of interest particularly to other new players, or curious potential players.

Edited by Machetazo at 23:19:33 15-05-2012
  • Deleted user 16 May 2012 00:11:06
    Jesus, that was over 2 years ago now! How time flies.
  • Machetazo 9 Jun 2012 11:03:53 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Probably not that useful for me, the above, but nonetheless Blizzard's posted up a new video highlighting and offering examples of the latest updates to multiplayer in Heart of the Swarm, that have been recently shown to press.
    See also: Blizzard's text on the matter, and a Battle Report to watch, which can be found through that link as well.

Edited by Machetazo at 11:05:56 09-06-2012
  • disusedgenius 9 Jun 2012 11:13:44 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watched these late last night - I'm actually very positive about the new units, they've improved hugely since the Bliz-con build. They'll need balancing, obviously, but then that's what the beta is for.
  • vijay_UK 9 Jun 2012 16:19:56 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thx Mac - nice link and a very good vid. I think SC2 needs a shot in the arm and HOTS looks like it could be well worth looking forward to. Each race looks to have something nice added, Tempest looks awesome and I am happy as a Protoss player :)

For me, SC2 is probably the best value for money game (for what I paid and what time I've into it).

I wonder what other players would consider to be their best value game?
  • vijay_UK 13 Jun 2012 22:42:50 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's a Heart of the Swarm full match video on IGN's site, it's worth a watch especially if you're a Terran or Zerg player with new units and abilities on show.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/06/12/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-terran-v-zerg

Edited by vijay_UK at 04:51:15 14-06-2012
  • disusedgenius 13 Jun 2012 23:54:35 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, they were playing that during MLG last weekend. Those Widow Mines look... interesting.

Mostly though: Speed Hydras! \0/
  • Desperate12 21 Oct 2012 22:10:50 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ok, I have the biggest problem a starcraft 2 player can experience... I cannot play the game anymore. It all started when I wanted to log on to the blizzard forums, and it said that i cant log in because of unusual activity. They sent me an email that how to fix the issue. I needed to reset my password. I wrote my email address, and I needed to fill in the first name and last name which i wrote when I made the account, and I did but it did not work.

Next time when I wanted to play the game, and i tried to log into my account, it said that i need to finish the password reset process. , but again, I was not able to do so.

After that, I gave up hope, and made a new account, but there was only one problem. That account, was stuck in starter edition. I wanted to upgrade it, so i wrote the authentication key, to where Battle.net wants me to write the game, key, but it said that it is already in use. I tried absolutely everything that I could have thought of, but absolutely nothing worked, and i have no idea what to do. I wrote about this in the forums too, with my new account. How? I needed to use a free guest pass key, to be able to have a full account for 7 hours, and in that time i wrote about this too. Someone responded and said that I should check out the battle.net billing support, and i did, and it said that I should call a specific number, during a specific time.

So then, I was the brink of doom, and simply could not play the game anymore. Since if i would make another account, I would be again in starter edition. And i cannot explain in more detail this topic on the blizzard forums, since i do not have a full account, so every idea i have to restore my old account, is blocked by the starter edition, which i cannot upgrade without another game key but i am not willing to pay money for it.

And also, i am sure that there exists another way to deal with this issue,without calling blizzard, cuz that just stupid. So please, i beg you, if you know absolutely any way to help me, reply to this topic, thank you very much in advance!
  • SuperBas 22 Oct 2012 17:38:36 1,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're just going to have to call Blizzard I'm afraid. They have a toll free number (in Holland at least).
  • hypoBla5t 20 Jan 2013 13:34:46 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh man. This game is so awesome but so complex. Started playing on Wednesday, having never really played an RTS properly in the competitive sense.

Decided to play Zerg, have been doing an insane amount of reading up and watched a few vids on YouTube but getting smacked fairly regularly apart from the 33% chance that when I occasionally do a 6 pool it works out. Just about got a grip on the basic stuff that I need to be doing, but my multitasking skills are frankly abysmal, always have been, so I think I need to work more on watching my opponent.

At the moment I'm either managing my stuff and ignoring my opponent or vice-versa. Will by dying a lot until I get that sorted I think ;p
  • hypoBla5t 20 Jan 2013 20:09:22 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Woo!!

Just as I was starting to lose hope, picked up my first non-cheese victory. Well satisfying. It's good to know that there are people who I can beat out there, and he was favoured a well. Needed some confidence for defo.

Think the clincher was instead of hoarding all my units in my base, once I had a few roaches and hydras I just sent them into his base and they broke through!! Was a done deal after that.

Onwards and upwards after that I hope!!
  • Sharzam 21 Jan 2013 16:58:23 2,689 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am pretty terrible but if fancy a game let me know. I tend to play protoss but considering learning terran , as my forcefield use is non existing.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• disusedgenius 21 Jan 2013 17:08:00 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You know, I swear there's a lot less people playing at the moment - with this new season I've somehow gone from middling silver to top gold! I can't believe I've gotten that much better.
  • hypoBla5t 21 Jan 2013 17:20:29 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bah. Hit the wall again. Was just starting to get some momentum and get into the top 50 in bronze and I'm being matched with much tougher people now.

Back to the drawing board...
  • disusedgenius 21 Jan 2013 17:24:31 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't worry - there'll always be a wall! In theory you should end up winning about 50% of your games - that's the aim of their matchmaker. No shame in build-stealing...
  • hypoBla5t 21 Jan 2013 18:14:09 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @disusedgenius

Yeah, cheers for the tips fella. Have been reading up like a man possessed. I need to work on my counters and start expanding a bit quicker and that should hopefully make a difference. Really having trouble getting anti-air down as Zerg. I will persevere!!
  • Sharzam 21 Jan 2013 18:31:08 2,689 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iam 37 in Bronze, just had a game of pvp and i lost badly. They just spawmed a ton of void rays. I was going heavy stalker initially, i scouted all the voids so built phoenixs however just wasnt enough.

When you have a ton of void rays i dont think many things can do it.

Saying that in hindsight thourgh i guess phoenix wasnt to good idea as my upgrades were going into ground units.

Edited by Sharzam at 18:32:16 21-01-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• disusedgenius 21 Jan 2013 18:54:21 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    @disusedgenius

Yeah, cheers for the tips fella. Have been reading up like a man possessed.
    My advice would be to just choose one build and do that no matter what until you're comfortable. At bronze level it almost doesn't matter which one as long as it's half good.

That'll allow you to stop worrying about the overall plan and you can concentrate on improving the important skills - scouting being the biggest (air is sooo much easier to defend when you know it's coming: 2 spores per hatch and and at least one more Queen than hatches should do well enough against any reasonable build) then drone management (i.e. making sure you don't build 8 drones just before he moves out for a push, ensuring that when your upgrades finish you have the units to exploit them), harassment, managing upgrades, queen injects etc.

If someone rushes you and you're going to lose, just micro the shit out of whatever's left to learn that. If you're well ahead in a macro game spend an extra moment making sure your injects are on time. If you're worried about a certain matchup concentrate on scouting then fuck it, over scout! No harm in it.
  • vijay_UK 21 Jan 2013 21:33:29 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Iam 37 in Bronze, just had a game of pvp and i lost badly. They just spawmed a ton of void rays. I was going heavy stalker initially, i scouted all the voids so built phoenixs however just wasnt enough.

When you have a ton of void rays i dont think many things can do it.

Saying that in hindsight thourgh i guess phoenix wasnt to good idea as my upgrades were going into ground units.
    Sharzam, Protoss players generally avoid Void Rays unless the opponent gives them the time to build a squadron of them. Main reason being is that they are so slow to build and heavy on the gas.

If you are able to scout and see Void Rays - just attack. If I know VR are on the menu, I just plow in with an army. A squad of VR will only work if you allow them time to build and that's just nuts because ofc they will eat you up.
  • vijay_UK 21 Jan 2013 21:41:47 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    I am pretty terrible but if fancy a game let me know. I tend to play protoss but considering learning terran , as my forcefield use is non existing.
    I'll give you a game (I'm not great tbh, but really enjoy SC2). But I would avoid Terran - their huge weakness is turtling. Makes it quite difficult for Terran players to get out and expand. I'm being quite general but to me that's Terran's biggest weakness.

I play Protoss (and Zerg when I feel like it) and with those 2 I usually expect anywhere between 3 and 5 bases per game (depending on how the game is panning out). When I played Terran initially, I would be happy to just have my home base and the expansion. Found it quite difficult to break out as a T player.

Edited by vijay_UK at 21:45:06 21-01-2013
  • Architect_z 21 Feb 2013 16:07:32 2,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am a complete n00b at starcraft 2, watched plenty of esports, seen some day9 dailys, learnt various openings but I just constantly lose. :(
    If anyone fancies a game, even to provide constructive advice, i'd happily lose to them. ^_^
  • vijay_UK 21 Feb 2013 16:30:21 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I am a complete n00b at starcraft 2, watched plenty of esports, seen some day9 dailys, learnt various openings but I just constantly lose. :(
    If anyone fancies a game, even to provide constructive advice, i'd happily lose to them. ^_^
    hi, I'll give a game. Add me (name: Dooqie), might be hard tonight as Liverpool are on the box. But tomorrow or the weekend, should be okay for some games. I'm ranked #1 in my division but it is only bronze, but happy to give you some hinters for what it's worth. 2v2 can be a useful way of getting into the game more than playing 1v1.

Edited by vijay_UK at 16:41:23 21-02-2013
  • Architect_z 21 Feb 2013 18:28:09 2,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @vijay_UK - Sure thing. Wooo i made a friend! I just need some pointers more than anything, see where i'm tripping up. My builds seem ok, my armys just seem to get easily taken down even though I always research attack/armour upgrades.

I'll add you when I can. I'm going on holiday soon so you wont see me on for a couple of days (probably).
  • vijay_UK 22 Feb 2013 17:14:56 2,076 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @vijay_UK - Sure thing. Wooo i made a friend! I just need some pointers more than anything, see where i'm tripping up. My builds seem ok, my armys just seem to get easily taken down even though I always research attack/armour upgrades.

I'll add you when I can. I'm going on holiday soon so you wont see me on for a couple of days (probably).
    No probs, see you when you get back, have fun. :)
  • timetraveler 1 Mar 2013 13:12:57 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • timetraveler 5 Mar 2013 13:49:01 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I just found contest at go2arena.com . It looks really interesting (especially rewards :D) - I thought you should know about that!
  • hypoBla5t 5 Mar 2013 15:56:50 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    1 week to go until HOTS woooooooo!!
  • Page

of 54 First / Last