Hitman: Absolution Page 22

• Page

of 43 First / Last

• smoothpete 19 Nov 2012 19:45:26 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Pete, you were my barometer. I'll pass now.
    I haven't played it, don't use me as a measure! I'm just sulking! :)

I will probably buy it (love that big bald bastard), I guess I'm just mourning the lost potential .
  • byron_hinson 19 Nov 2012 21:41:38 1,502 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SlimSpudly87 wrote:
    Does anyone know how much Game are doing this I store for tomorrow ? HMV are doing it for 32.99
    I'd guess at 40 knowing them.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 19 Nov 2012 23:07:47 12,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Oh you know what, fuck this game. Fuck it's face off. Ruined one of my favourite franchises. Stupid cunts.
    I totes agree. Such a shame.
  • Syrette 20 Nov 2012 00:06:56 41,880 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hang on, have either of you played it?

• spamdangled 20 Nov 2012 01:04:20 27,197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone got any tips on getting the guard away from the manhole on the cinatown level? Ive tried throwing a bottle, but the guard stays where he is and instead my target goes and investigates it :(

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jamesi 20 Nov 2012 03:30:46 186 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loving the sound of contracts mode so many possabilities.Bit dissapointed that you seem to get discovered even when disguised.I wouldn't let game out till that was fixed as it's an integral part of game they never seem to get this right:( the last hitman had a problem with it at times as did splinter cell
  • spamdangled 20 Nov 2012 04:40:02 27,197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's deliberate. The idea is that the police, for example, know all the officers in an area so they get suspicious when see someone wandering around in a uniform that they don't recognise. Same for gardeners, cooks, etc. it's more realistic that way.

I agree they should allow a bit more time before it triggers a response though.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Shikasama 20 Nov 2012 07:35:07 6,277 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was the same in blood money if a little less zero/sum
  • SlackMaster 20 Nov 2012 07:43:33 3,132 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did anyone notice that the old guy in the lift that was in the E3 demo/walkthough of the 'Run for your Life' (escape from the hotel) level wasn't there. Instead you have to create a diversion to draw the police away from the elevator. When you get in there is a poster for a missing person which is the old guy. Made me cuckle.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• SlackMaster 20 Nov 2012 07:57:43 3,132 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    So is this level as bad as the video posted earlier suggests?

I reckon there is probably over 12 ways to kill that guy with one of them being dressed as a wrestler.

If you get noticed and have to use unarmed techniques then it is a short 2 to 3 button quicktime even which is cleaner than having a bad close combat system.

Besides if you're playing the games like it wants you to play it then you shouldn't have to fist fight with anyone.

• UncleLou Moderator 20 Nov 2012 08:22:06 35,172 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, fuck this. I'll have to find out for myself.

/clicks on buy button
  • Zizoo 20 Nov 2012 08:25:21 7,710 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Same.

/Trades Halo 4 :-(
  • Zizoo 20 Nov 2012 08:50:20 7,710 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Do I need XBL Gold to play Contracts mode?
  • bad09 20 Nov 2012 08:56:32 5,506 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Do I need XBL Gold to play Contracts mode?
    Nope.
  • BOBBYLUPO 20 Nov 2012 12:05:33 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Console versions only 27.99 on Simply Games.

PSN: BOBBYLUPO
    www.idbuythatforadollar.co.uk

• INSOMANiAC 20 Nov 2012 13:10:44 3,788 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here

17.85 on PC

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Shikasama 20 Nov 2012 13:26:44 6,277 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Here

17.85 on PC
    If that is still available when I get home that is gonna be mighty tempting
  • Rodriguez 20 Nov 2012 14:34:45 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Anyone got any tips on getting the guard away from the manhole on the cinatown level? Ive tried throwing a bottle, but the guard stays where he is and instead my target goes and investigates it :(
    Dark, the way I did it was wait for King to be at the Sushi bar, mingle in the crowd near the guard overlooking the sewer and have a bottle ready to lob. When King had finished the sushi and was starting to turn/walk towards his 'standing by open sewer' routine, I lobbed the bottle just to the right of the sewer. This caught the attention of the guard, who wandered over and was looking around at the wall. King continued on and stands by the sewer. I walked out of the crowd, pushed him in and casually walked off again. To be honest I was really surprised I'd managed to pull it off without being seen as the timing and nature of the hit is so tense, especially to distract that otherwise non-moving guard, but it worked - hence the tricky nature of my Contract ;) heh! Good luck if you have another crack at it, it's a tough one!
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Nov 2012 14:38:07 13,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game arrived from lovefilm today, 360 version. Only upto the second mission (hotel one)brilliant fun.

I'm only playing on normal as I want to enjoy and not get wound up, which the older I get the easier it is for game to do to me!
    I may replay on a harder setting when I complete.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Derblington 20 Nov 2012 14:55:27 20,974 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Pete, you were my barometer. I'll pass now.
    I haven't played it, don't use me as a measure! I'm just sulking! :)

I will probably buy it (love that big bald bastard), I guess I'm just mourning the lost potential .
    D'oh! Ok, hurry up and buy it then so that I know whether to bother or not :)
  • smoothpete 20 Nov 2012 14:58:39 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably buying it later if HMV have it at a reasonable price
  • Ultrasoundwave 20 Nov 2012 15:12:41 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've had a fair few hours with this now, i've managed to get up to the part where your making your way to Birdie back through Chinatown.

The game has had some brilliant moments, but there are some frustrations too.

A great moment i had last night was assassinating the guy in the vixen night club. Before i entered the place, i had picked up a cop uniform. When i got inside, all the strippers and bouncers were saying things like "evening officer", "Chicagos finest : always welcome", etc,etc. Brilliant little touch.

Anyhow, i managed to get a keycard and get into a backroom where there was a double-sided mirror and a videocamera. I waited for the bloke to come in for a private dance and got him with a headshot from the other side of the glass.

Brilliant, loved that mission.

I will agree with what others are saying about the disguises though. People do tend to get suspicious of you VERY quickly.

On one hand, i think that if some stranger came into my work, even if he was wearing the same clothers as the rest of us i'd still know he wasnt someone i regularly see on a day to day basis.

For the sake of a videogame though, for the sake of entertainment, i think they should nerf how quickly people get suspicious. Hopefully they can patch it if enough people complain.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• alexc7496 20 Nov 2012 15:21:07 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is anygood? I am torn between this, COD, Halo and A Creed, can only really afford one, love the look of this though!!
  • SlackMaster 20 Nov 2012 15:21:44 3,132 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Dark, the way I did it was...
    The way I did it was...when you get to the main square if you turn left you will notice a police man down a alley next to a car. I waited for him to move behind the wall out of view then follow him and choke him out. I then changed into his uniform. If you go to the top of the stairs there are some food boxes with weapons hidden inside (a secret triad stash). I picked up a remote detonator and placed it behind the car then set off the car alarm. This is the targets car so when he hears this he comes to investigate. I walk off towards the exit and then used instinct mode to see if he's close enought to the car. When he is I detonate the explosives and then walk out he exit.

Edited by SlackMaster at 15:22:21 20-11-2012

Edited by SlackMaster at 15:25:36 20-11-2012

• SlackMaster 20 Nov 2012 15:27:01 3,132 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @smoothpete The HMV by me has it for 32.

• smoothpete 20 Nov 2012 15:31:42 31,017 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers, that'll work for me.
  • psychokitten Moderator 20 Nov 2012 15:34:20 7,791 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Here

17.85 on PC
    Saw this earlier, and it's still tempting....
    Goddamnit
  • JayG 20 Nov 2012 15:37:11 828 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worth it, game looks great. One annoying thing though is the actual game has such high detail that the cut scenes look like they are years old. Definitely an argument for cut scenes in-engine.
  • Rodriguez 20 Nov 2012 16:24:40 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Dark, the way I did it was...
    The way I did it was...

Edited by SlackMaster at 15:22:21 20-11-2012
    @SlackMaster

I think darkmorgado was looking for info on ways of best completing a specific hit I created and challenged him to in the Contracts mode of the new Hitman- the guy I placed the hit on has to be taken out in a very specific way to achieve the best score and tick all the bonus criteria!

Your method is however, perfectly valid for the main story mission involving that person SlackMaster ;)
  • bad09 20 Nov 2012 16:34:56 5,506 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah man just started this damn thing and disappointment sets in already. Where's the first person view gone? :(
  • Page

of 43 First / Last