Hitman: Absolution Page 39

  • Page

    of 43 First / Last

  • 1Dgaf 2 Dec 2012 04:17:49 3,976 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've uploaded a contract. It's in the courthouse and it's called Justice Tomahawk. You have to kill the judge with the Tomahawk. Only kill him, can't be spotted, hide the body. You have to do it in 47s suit. No disguises.

    I got 340,166 on it and I think that's taking it a little slow. I'm sure someone can do it faster.

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • spamdangled 2 Dec 2012 04:33:17 27,475 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like how you're promoting an axe murder and your sig is advertising a site called hatchetjob.com.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Syrette 2 Dec 2012 10:58:44 44,230 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    1000G'd this bad boy yesterday. Surprisingly not as difficult as I thought it would be. Didn't need to grind much at all either, which was nice. Was a bit of an added incentive to go for challenges although I had over 100 before Act 3.

  • King_Edward 2 Dec 2012 11:53:14 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not really enjoying this. I'm spending too much time crouching and hiding, rather than wondering freely around mansions wondering where I can stuff this rat poison.

    It's a shift in focus rather than bad design, but it's not the Whitman I love.
  • 1Dgaf 2 Dec 2012 15:54:07 3,976 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I like how you're promoting an axe murder and your sig is advertising a site called hatchetjob.com.
    Yes, it looks planned but it's entirely coincidental.

    Anyway, does anyone have any of the retailer bonus stuff like the Tommy Gun or Deus Ex outfit? If so, could you create a contract with them as the default items please?

    I'm trying to find out if they can be used by people that don't have them otherwise. Io are selling the weapons and disguses on the dashboard, you see. 70p each or something.

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • Kostabi 2 Dec 2012 16:04:16 5,094 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got to the Sanchez level and my interest in this nose dived. Does it pick up again after that? The whole factory sequence so far has bored the shit out of me, especially after the excellent Shaving Lenny level.
  • 1Dgaf 3 Dec 2012 10:36:01 3,976 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really like this game; Contracts makes it. But I can't bring myself to buy it yet because of the weapon packs etc. But if I wait until a GOTY, then the contracts mode may not be being played much. Part of the fun is thinking of challenges for other people.

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • 1Dgaf 4 Dec 2012 12:22:55 3,976 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been working on a cool idea for the Hope Fair level. Problem is I need to pay for a silencer on the sniper to do it. And that gives a big clue as to how the contract would work.

    www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

    www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

  • Ziz0u 4 Dec 2012 12:37:02 8,648 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am enjoying the Sanchez level although I spent an hour trying to find how to fight him in the ring. I eventually read up how to do it. Not a fan of things happening in earlier parts of a stage that I can't go back to. If they are going to split the parts up rather than have massive levels, then the sections need to stand on their own.

    Edited by ZizouFC at 12:37:49 04-12-2012
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 12:42:36 27,475 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bah, I need to get back to this. Haven't played since getting the WiiU and FC3 last week. Will finish it off this weekend.

    If I hadn't had so much fun replaying levels and trying different things, I probably would have finished it by now.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • MikeStubbsy 4 Dec 2012 14:20:48 10 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My Hitman Absolution Review is now live, please go check it out? http://dirtypixelgaming.blog.com/2012/12/04/hitman-absolution-review/
  • Commander-Keen 4 Dec 2012 14:33:54 847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see there is a PR clusterfuck that is now going down with this game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/hijinks-square-say-threaten-hits-on-your-friends/

    Classy! Especially the bit about wanting to kill someone because their tits are too small. A problem we can all relate to, no doubt...

    I can't say I've ever had an interest in the series, but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out!

    Edited by Commander Keen at 14:35:51 04-12-2012
  • Oh-Bollox 4 Dec 2012 15:01:13 5,426 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MikeStubbsy wrote:
    My Hitman Absolution Review is now live, please go check it out? http://dirtypixelgaming.blog.com/2012/12/04/hitman-absolution-review/
    Whether vs weather.

    /headshot
  • 8bitMofo 4 Dec 2012 16:04:26 464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Very interesting about your Controller issue. I am finding that sync seems to become an issue over a certain period of time. I'll be pushing forward to walk, and 47 will just stutter, stop-start walking. REALLY bloody annoying when you're trying to creep around with split second timing needed for the harder settings.

    Oh, and attempting to play the game, while having the Play and Charge lead plugged in, also brings some unexpected results. 47 randomly turns around 180 to face the camera and stutter-walks.

    These problems aside, it's great.
  • smoothpete 4 Dec 2012 16:10:54 31,828 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    I see there is a PR clusterfuck that is now going down with this game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/hijinks-square-say-threaten-hits-on-your-friends/

    Classy! Especially the bit about wanting to kill someone because their tits are too small. A problem we can all relate to, no doubt...
    I'm fairly sure they intended to briefly offend people then take it down immediately in order to invoke some kind of controversy and reaction, and thereby draw attention to the game.
  • Commander-Keen 4 Dec 2012 16:16:16 847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    I see there is a PR clusterfuck that is now going down with this game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/hijinks-square-say-threaten-hits-on-your-friends/

    Classy! Especially the bit about wanting to kill someone because their tits are too small. A problem we can all relate to, no doubt...
    I'm fairly sure they intended to briefly offend people then take it down immediately in order to invoke some kind of controversy and reaction, and thereby draw attention to the game.
    And strangely just before Christmas and during the shopping window.

    What are they playing at, eh? ;)
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 16:19:41 27,475 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    8bitMofo wrote:
    Very interesting about your Controller issue. I am finding that sync seems to become an issue over a certain period of time. I'll be pushing forward to walk, and 47 will just stutter, stop-start walking. REALLY bloody annoying when you're trying to creep around with split second timing needed for the harder settings.

    Oh, and attempting to play the game, while having the Play and Charge lead plugged in, also brings some unexpected results. 47 randomly turns around 180 to face the camera and stutter-walks.

    These problems aside, it's great.
    I have more problems with my internet connection dropping during play, even when my connection is fine and everything else stays connected.

    Makes playing people's contracts really frustrating when you're constantly booted out of them.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • smoothpete 4 Dec 2012 16:20:34 31,828 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    See also #susanalbumparty - yeah right that was a mistake
  • King_Edward 4 Dec 2012 16:47:46 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    I see there is a PR clusterfuck that is now going down with this game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/hijinks-square-say-threaten-hits-on-your-friends/

    Classy! Especially the bit about wanting to kill someone because their tits are too small. A problem we can all relate to, no doubt...
    I'm fairly sure they intended to briefly offend people then take it down immediately in order to invoke some kind of controversy and reaction, and thereby draw attention to the game.
    And strangely just before Christmas and during the shopping window.

    What are they playing at, eh? ;)
    They need to think about sacking the entire PR department at Squenix. TRR, nuns, now this. Fucked up that this stuff sells.
  • Commander-Keen 4 Dec 2012 16:57:10 847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's how the gutter works though, innit?

    Sadly, we've all remembered about the game and are talking about it. You could argue that the PRs have done their jobs well (assuming they couldn't give a toss about their reputation).
  • Rodriguez 4 Dec 2012 17:04:31 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    I see there is a PR clusterfuck that is now going down with this game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/04/hijinks-square-say-threaten-hits-on-your-friends/

    Classy! Especially the bit about wanting to kill someone because their tits are too small. A problem we can all relate to, no doubt...
    I'm fairly sure they intended to briefly offend people then take it down immediately in order to invoke some kind of controversy and reaction, and thereby draw attention to the game.
    And strangely just before Christmas and during the shopping window.

    What are they playing at, eh? ;)
    They need to think about sacking the entire PR department at Squenix. TRR, nuns, now this. Fucked up that this stuff sells.
    Oh for fucks sake, just read this news /0\

    Yeah..... you have to wonder who the hell creates these things in the first place and then what moron/s sanctions them. It really puts the games they're trying to promote into a bad light (I don't accept that any/all press is 'good' press) and reflects poorly on the industry as a whole from the devs to the gamers.

    I wouldn't normally wish anyone to lose their job, but these jokers are taking the piss now and seem to be morbidly obsessed with aggressive behaviour towards women in particular in order to sell a few games... it's not cool.

    /sigh
  • Commander-Keen 4 Dec 2012 17:13:22 847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On that last point, without going all Guardian on yo assess, I do think that's a small concern - there's an overarching narrative which is still pretty prevalent that games / geek culture is aggressively misogynist. I keep trying to convince friends and non-gaming people I know that that's simply not the case. Everytime this sort of thing happens, I facepalm a little.

    Whether it's a stunt or not, it's pretty crass and generally unhelpful to "the cause". All in the name of shifting a few extra units.
  • spamdangled 4 Dec 2012 17:25:28 27,475 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rodriguez

    In complete fairness, the problem with this thing is the bullying aspect - I don't think sexism comes into it as one of the options for targeting men was because they had a small dick, a hairy back, etc etc.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • King_Edward 4 Dec 2012 17:26:17 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    On that last point, without going all Guardian on yo assess, I do think that's a small concern - there's an overarching narrative which is still pretty prevalent that games / geek culture is aggressively misogynist. I keep trying to convince friends and non-gaming people I know that that's simply not the case.
    Problem here is that this really is the case.
  • King_Edward 5 Dec 2012 06:48:21 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So is Shaving Lenny seen as the high point? I might pack in now if so.
  • Commander-Keen 5 Dec 2012 08:05:10 847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @King_Edward I'm hopeful that things are moving in the right direction, to be honest!

    This silliness aside, I think a lot of developers are wisening up to the fact that a more diverse and less bigoted game = more sales. While I'm not hopeful that the days of gravity defying pixelated breasts are history, I do think that the knuckle-dragging macho rubbish (which more than anything is just a bit dull - played one, played 'em all) is on the wane.

    Maybe I'm just an optimist though!
  • spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 09:47:40 27,475 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    So is Shaving Lenny seen as the high point? I might pack in now if so.
    It's one of the early highlights, hardly an isolated case though.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Page

    of 43 First / Last

Log in or register to reply