Sam & Max 2 - A New Hope

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Khab 3 Oct 2004 13:43:11 6,576 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The dev team that worked on the game has formed a studio of their own, and while they're not telling exactly what they're doing,it just might be.
  • cubbymoore 3 Oct 2004 14:59:14 36,496 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khab wrote:
    The dev team that worked on the game has formed a studio of their own, and while they're not telling exactly what they're doing,it just might be.
    /crosses fingers

/crosses toes

/crosses road
  • Flib 3 Oct 2004 15:20:49 328 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That'd be most excellent, but I doubt Lucas Arts would let them use there IP.
  • Tyronne 3 Oct 2004 15:29:47 1,043 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    no point in having a i.p if its not used.
  • Marcus 3 Oct 2004 15:33:55 1,646 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Flib wrote:
    That'd be most excellent, but I doubt Lucas Arts would let them use there IP.
    But doesn't the IP belong to the guy who wrote the comics (no doubt LA have a licence to use said characters, but I don't think they actually own them).
  • Ajay 3 Oct 2004 15:34:21 2,412 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Best of luck to them all. I'd certainly like to think there's still a market for stylish, well-written adventures. I really didn't expect there to be such a widespread outcry over Sam & Max's cancellation, but it's certainly heartening that there was.
  • salamando 3 Oct 2004 16:13:38 215 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    As much as I'd love to see a new S&M game I doubt it will happen... A "well-loved license" could mean just about anything, and if I was starting a new development studio I'd also like to keep the excitement high and the details sparse with an announcement like this. Ok, so maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic here, but I _really_ love S&M and don't want to see my hopes dashed again *sniff*

As for the IP situation I'm not sure whether it lies with Lucasarts or Steve Purcell, and although I remember an interview with him a few years back where he said he'd continue doing S&M comics I'm pretty sure Lucasarts has some stake in it as well.

The problem with big companies (games included) is that no matter how _little_ money they think there is to be had you can be sure they'll sit on a license, even if it is left unused, because that means some competitor won't be able to run with it. The fact that adventure games aren't making any money today doesn't mean that the situation won't change in a few years and by then the S&M license will come in handy for Lucasarts.

Of course... there's still a slim chance that there is indeed a new S&M game in the works, and so...

/me salivates =)
  • warlockuk 3 Oct 2004 20:36:36 19,164 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah; I believe Sam and Max are owned by Steve Purcell. I've been waiting over 10 years for another Sam and Max game. Hopefully it won't suck balls - if it ever happens.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Phattso Moderator 3 Oct 2004 20:41:16 13,336 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Hopefully it won't suck balls
    I seem to remember thinking the same about Broken Sword 3.

Perhaps some things are better left in the past. ;-)
  • Tiger_Walts 3 Oct 2004 22:02:43 16,593 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just dug out my old Sam and Max CD and played it through ScummVM.

I WANT MORE!!!

Thankfully I found Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle CDs too. Now, where did The Dig end up?

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Page

of 1

Previous Next