GiffGaff - free internet on pay as you go Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • mal 25 Jul 2012 22:05:50 22,418 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't understand the O2 deal the be honest. Giffgaff seems straightforward enough - top up on the site or get vouchers at the newsagent, then use your balance to exchange for money saving bundles. I believe you can buy bundles direct with you credit card, but I've never tried that.

I do feel slighly guilty for being a little cheeky with this 10% 'sorry for the downtime' thing they've been doing, especially as I wasn't affected by the problems. Still, I guess it guarantees I'll be on giffgaff for at least a year while I burn off this balance!

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• THFourteen 25 Jul 2012 22:35:33 33,104 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My goodybag ran out the other day and I ran down my balance on the Internet! Doh.

They've added auto renew now which is good.

Have had no issues since the ten days without service when I first joined
  • SolidSCB 25 Jul 2012 22:57:07 6,513 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep. Really good service. The only problem I've had is the downtime a week or two ago which was really an o2 cock up. Considering a second giffgaff sim for a tablet, anyone tried it?
  • mal 25 Jul 2012 23:21:22 22,418 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The fact they've got rid of queuing a goodybag when they introduced auto-renewing your goodybag is a bit of a pain. Means you can no longer queue a different sort of goodybag, and if your only way of renewing your goodybag is via your phone, you need to spend money renewing it once the old one runs out. Not much money to be fair, but given you can only buy 10, 15 and 20 vouchers, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse.

Edit: Re a tablet, I tether my netbook via my phone (and am now as it happens), and for the most part it works fine - I'd expect it to work even better in a device with its own SIM slot. 1GB a month is enough for email and a bit of EG, while I'm currently on 3GB so I can do a bit iPlayer and Youtube too.

Edited by mal at 23:23:30 25-07-2012

• SolidSCB 25 Jul 2012 23:26:06 6,513 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mal wrote:
    The fact they've got rid of queuing a goodybag when they introduced auto-renewing your goodybag is a bit of a pain. Means you can no longer queue a different sort of goodybag, and if your only way of renewing your goodybag is via your phone, you need to spend money renewing it once the old one runs out. Not much money to be fair, but given you can only buy 10, 15 and 20 vouchers, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse.
    This is what I thought, but when you top up they give you 1p over the amount you topped up, and the app is free to access so long as you have credit. So when your goodybag expires, you have the 1p credit to get back on the app and top up/buy a goodybag.
  • mal 25 Jul 2012 23:58:17 22,418 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, that's not so bad. Mind you my balance seemed to go town around about 60p when my goodybag expired the other day, but that may be down to my bluetooth being flakey, and a bit of their server being flakey.

According to my texts, when I topped up 20 quid my balance went up 20 quid. Hmm, where's this extra penny?

• SolidSCB 26 Jul 2012 00:03:59 6,513 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Check your account info on the app. Should come up as 20.01
  • mal 26 Jul 2012 00:26:41 22,418 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, I've not got the 'app' - but going to my payment history on the website shows a 20 deposit.

Another minor gripe, it seems it won't let me recur my goodybag without saving my credit card details with them, which I'm a little loathe to do. Oh well, good job I'm saving enough money to offset the little I have to spend renewing my goodybag when away from wifi.

• mcmonkeyplc 30 Jan 2013 15:53:52 39,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can you tether using this? The site says you can't tether but the forum says you can?!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 30 Jan 2013 16:49:17 10,853 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I seem to tether ok.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next