of 34 First / Last

• TheBear 1 Feb 2013 14:47:36 4,503 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youer, ouer
  • Neodog 1 Feb 2013 15:20:19 295 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Went to Game Mk at lunchtime and they were only enough copies to cover their pre-orders. Was told to come back late Sunday in case no-one picks p their pre-order. :( Was really looking forward to getting stuck into this tonight.

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• Deleted user 1 February 2013 15:45:59
    Eventually arrived :) Managed to squeeze an hour in before i go to work. A nice gentle start, really looking forward to exploring that world map! Just got to the waystone in the dark forest, so its brimming along nicely, can see myself stuck in this game for a while. Its quite funny too.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Feb 2013 17:53:13 14,430 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps I'm adding you to my psn chums list...you lucky sods, I just need a headset now so you can hear my wonderful Down South accent :)

I wish to spy on your trophies, err if you know what I mean

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 17:54:04 01-02-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• enfilade 1 Feb 2013 19:13:32 211 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anybody now of any stores in London that might be stocking this? GAME Stratford were hopeless, and it seems like every video game store in central London has closed. I really want to play this this weekend but I want the boxed version. :/

I was so, so sad when they said it was out of stock. I literally just went "Ugh, you're KIDDING me" like a nerd version of Kevin the Teenager. Pretty embarrassing :(

HMV's obviously a no-go.

Edit: Has anybody seen it stocked in a Tesco?

Edited by enfilade at 19:21:02 01-02-2013
  • FabricatedLunatic 1 Feb 2013 19:26:56 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My copy was out for delivery today with Hermes, and predictably enough it didn't turn up. I'm surprised Zavvi used a courier, albeit a shit one, when I only ordered the regular edition. I'm hoping they've sent me an LE by mistake, which would be nice.
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 19:38:31 16,852 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You could try some of the more independent ones round the way, there's a games shop near Goodge Street called Game Focus that may have it but I think they do more second hand stuff. You could give them a ring.

You are a factory of sadness.

• enfilade 1 Feb 2013 19:49:03 211 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would, but they shut down, sadly. I literally cannot think of anywhere!

Edit: Bit the bullet and ordered it on Tesco Direct. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday.

I'm extra annoyed because I had no plans this weekend and my girlfriend's away on a business trip for the first part of next week. Ho hum.

Hope you guys enjoy it (but don't gloat if yours got delivered today :()

Edited by enfilade at 19:55:05 01-02-2013
  • neilka 1 Feb 2013 20:05:24 15,677 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    My copy was out for delivery today with Hermes, and predictably enough it didn't turn up. I'm surprised Zavvi used a courier, albeit a shit one, when I only ordered the regular edition. I'm hoping they've sent me an LE by mistake, which would be nice.
    They used Hermes for my standard edition too, not sure why unless it's got to the point where couriers are actually cheaper than the Royal Mail!
  • FabricatedLunatic 1 Feb 2013 20:17:38 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    They used Hermes for my standard edition too, not sure why unless it's got to the point where couriers are actually cheaper than the Royal Mail!
    nooooooooo there goes my dream

I really can't see how even a low-rent courier, with online tracking and everything, can be cheaper than 2nd class Royal Mail, but with their respective ineptitude The Hut Group and Hermes are kind of made for each other.
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Feb 2013 20:18:00 3,914 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Local gaming dungeon where i have store credit only got 4 copies, all sold, dang.

Then again I probably won't have the time to play it properly until next week anyway, so it's a moot point really.
  • Rodriguez 1 Feb 2013 20:33:22 1,085 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @enfilade

Tesco Direct!? Against my better judgement (after a botch up with a Sleeping Dogs 'LTD Edt' order last year - some of you here know what I'm taking about), I pre-ordered Ni No Kuni from them about a week ago with an advertised discount code for the too-tempting-to-resist price of 30.99.

However, I got an e-mail a couple of days ago from Tesco saying they won't have the stock for launch day but should have stock 'eventually' which might take up to 2 weeks to arrive! They justified this shit by saying other retailers were effectively experiencing the 'same problems'...

After reading your post, I checked the Ni No Kuni page on their website and it now says 'In Stock' and 'despatched next working day' for 40, so don't know what the fuck they're now up to! Don't be surprised if you'll be even more disappointed than you already are with trying to get hold of the game from Tesco Direct anytime soon :(

Unless, alternatively, they're screwing over pre-order customers like me who ordered it 'cheaply' and they're getting whatever stock they've now acquired out to those who are now ordering at the conspicuously higher price tag to no doubt 'maximise profit' from the scramble for this game (the cunts).
  • itinkuravinalaff 1 Feb 2013 21:03:07 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    hey is this game a kiddies game?
  • enfilade 1 Feb 2013 21:35:18 211 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodriguez Well, it sounds like they're lying to someone which is despicable either way. I feel pretty bad for giving them my business now...

But GAME were sold out online, as were Amazon, Zavvi, etc. etc. It's like literally every copy has been sold already :/
  • enfilade 1 Feb 2013 21:36:32 211 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Goodfella I choked, I was desperate. I do know better, I just... panicked. Don't judge me :(

Edit: Guided by your better judgement, and with the rationality that has returned to me after my disappointment, I have cancelled with Tesco and gone with ShopTo.Net

I should have known better and should support the companies working for the industry in a friendlier way :)

Edited by enfilade at 21:42:33 01-02-2013
  • Rodriguez 1 Feb 2013 21:53:04 1,085 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Goodfella

Yeah, I totally agree with you dude and I often use and recommend Shopto, but I'm personally trying to save a bit of money this year and also (trying to) buy fewer games, so on this occasion 30.99 was more appealing than the 38.86 Shopto were asking when I was looking to order it. Not that it's worked in my favor though :lol:

I'd probably add that I have had some good service from 'Supermarket' orders before too - 'Asda Direct' went through a phase in early 2012 of offering pre-order games really cheap and always got deliveries to me the day before release. They eventually got quite expensive so I stopped using them.

Tesco however, have now been thoroughly shit in the two times I've used them in the last 6-months - hence me mentioning it was against my better judgment! Never again!!

Edited by Rodriguez at 21:53:15 01-02-2013
  • NotSoSlim 1 Feb 2013 23:42:30 3,116 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone pre order from Game? Is the wizard companion that was a pre order bonus in english?
  • YenRug 2 Feb 2013 00:15:46 2,022 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Anyone pre order from Game? Is the wizard companion that was a pre order bonus in english?
    If you mean the one they've bundled with the standard edition, no, it's in Japanese. It did state on the promotion page, but was tucked away as a tiny text T&C at the bottom.
  • NotSoSlim 2 Feb 2013 00:29:44 3,116 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    If you mean the one they've bundled with the standard edition, no, it's in Japanese. It did state on the promotion page, but was tucked away as a tiny text T&C at the bottom.
    Yea cheers. Realised. Game are real scummy but guess they will say it was on site
  • DaM 2 Feb 2013 00:45:55 12,901 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TheBear wrote:
    Youer, ouer
    I thought you were abusing my post just before yours earlier on, but I didn't understand... I do now :)

I take it we have a UK English version? The Yanks aren't going to get Welsh are they? They are missing out if they don't, it's excellent! I was planning to play this tonight, but I played the first 30 minutes with my boy, and feel guilty about going on without him....I think he'll be nagging me together up at about 6am to carry on. I'll let him start his own game.
  • Trafford 2 Feb 2013 07:53:01 5,639 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Neodog wrote:
    Went to Game Mk at lunchtime and they were only enough copies to cover their pre-orders. Was told to come back late Sunday in case no-one picks p their pre-order. :( Was really looking forward to getting stuck into this tonight.
    Possibly the saddest thing I've ever read. I take it Game Mk is in Milton Keynes?
  • Aretak 2 Feb 2013 08:04:43 10,345 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I take it we have a UK English version? The Yanks aren't going to get Welsh are they? They are missing out if they don't, it's excellent!
    The English dub is the same in the US, and most reviews I've read from over there have singled him out as being the best character in the game.
  • greg_wha 2 Feb 2013 08:15:27 191 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this gonna be PS3's ICO?
  • steve1979 2 Feb 2013 08:46:06 1,988 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played half a dozen hours (7.5) now, and it's just a wonderful game. The writing is excellent, the story interesting and the whole look and feel of the same is just sensational. Drippy is excellent too, and the English dub is just as good as anything I've ever played.

As for the wizard edition stuff, it really was worth the extra 20 over the standard. The plush is well made ( although he looks a bit fat) and the book is beautiful.

Last year Mass Effect 3 came out in Jan and I thought it was nearly the game of the year. It's quite possible that we have a contender for this year already too.
  • SFD 2 Feb 2013 09:30:42 481 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I didn't just buy a PS3 just to play this game. Honest!
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Feb 2013 09:33:48 14,430 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @SFD
    U
    I like your style ;-)
    I have done this several times, you will also be able to play The last of us, so it is win win.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:34:56 02-02-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Trafford 2 Feb 2013 09:34:08 5,639 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a big trade up to pay the 80 for the Wizard Edition. Got rid of Mass Effect trilogy special edition set, the kids chipped in also. It was a big cull but worth it.

This game is like a digital ray of sunshine, something I really needed in my depressed, jaded state.

I've little experience of the JRPG, but I'm a big fan of Japsoft, this is nectar!
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 10:02:41
    I don't think a game has cracked me up as much this generation. Great writing and a superb localisation. Mr Drippy is a fantastic character.

Probably my game of the year already.
  • Trafford 2 Feb 2013 10:10:34 5,639 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    I'm very glad I impulse bought a Super Slim in the xmas sales. Didn't even know about this game.
    Finally I feel system sold!

I'll add you on PSN later, just sorted my broadband out.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last