Instruments: Rock Band 3 (MTV), Hall 6 / Section C60
  • JediMasterMalik 20 Aug 2010 16:08:08 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kinda the clear winner to be fair.
  • VandelayIndustries 21 Aug 2010 01:16:28 1,523 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasn't especially interested in 'The Fight', now starring Danny Trejo.

Starting to look a bit more interesting.
  • JediMasterMalik 22 Aug 2010 23:55:18 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fight seems to have come along a bit

The lag cuold be a problem though.

Still hate that it's pretty much black and white, seriously infuse some colour into that thing.
  • Deleted user 23 August 2010 00:17:55
    The coach that's talking to you, is that real life footage or cgi? it's fooking awesome.

/try's hard not to be a graphics whore :)
  • King_Edward 23 Aug 2010 00:24:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    XrustynutsX wrote:
    The coach that's talking to you, is that real life footage or cgi? it's fooking awesome.

/try's hard not to be a graphics whore :)
    It's that Mexican guy* from Desperado isn't it?

Game looked very laggy.

*Danny Trejo
  • KayJay 23 Aug 2010 01:24:27 5,287 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought it looked okay. Rather strangely the bits that really lagged were the sequences that involved hitting the buttons. The headbutt bits, it was more laggy than the punches.
  • Rauha 23 Aug 2010 01:33:51 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Though it already had Fighter Unleashed (urgh), this would probably be better suited to Kinect. The Move demo I tried was quite laggy, and the game just wasn't very fun (though that trailer does make it look quite cool); game needs more kicking, and curb stomping :D
  • Zero-Beat 23 Aug 2010 16:14:32 254 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Here's two very good quality videos showing Sports Champions Table Tennis:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei9e1_playstation-move-demonstration-d-un_videogames?start=2#from=embed

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xei9d9_playstation-move-utilisation-noctur_videogames?start=1#from=embed
  • Deleted user 23 August 2010 19:49:12
    Sounds like Move might do quite well, at least if Shopto are to be believed:

Online store Shopto has told IncGamers it is ‘very excited’ by the PlayStation Move, confirming that the pre-orders it has received will make it one their best-selling products.

The firm, which boasts 400,000 customers and a £22 million turnover, is now a significant player in the online video games market.

Speaking to IncGamers, marketing manager Phil Driver said: “Move pre-orders have been steadily building as we approach the launch date and look very positive with still a month to go.

“Based on current pre-order levels, Move will become one of our best-selling products.”

Driver said he believes the Sony device will bring in a whole new demographic to the PS3, stating: “Move will bring many new casual type gamers to PS3 to compliment the growing hardcore gamer base and, as new and innovative software is launched through 2010 and 2011, the type of customer will also vary.

“We are very excited by the Playstation Move and see it as a fantastic step by Sony to tap into the casual gamer market. This is, as Nintendo proved, a huge one and we think PlayStation Move is a great and, above all, fun product that can shift the PS3 into a broader customer demographic.

“Although too early to call market share on Move at the moment, we expect it to be significant.”

Source
  • RunningMan 24 Aug 2010 19:22:20 2,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killzone 3 move support is looking good. Plus MAG, SOCOM4 and RE5. Looking good for FPS support.
  • King_Edward 24 Aug 2010 19:28:20 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wasn't too fussed about the pad + Move solution at first. But the more I see it the more uncomfortable it looks.
  • Kill_Crazy 25 Aug 2010 11:28:33 2,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shopto could get even more preorders if they let you order 2 controllers instead of 1!
  • Machetazo 25 Aug 2010 11:32:47 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I wasn't too fussed about the pad + Move solution at first. But the more I see it the more uncomfortable it looks.
    You just hold the pad vertically (or buy a navi controller). Maybe you need to reassign controls, but other than that, where's the discomfort enter into it?
  • Kill_Crazy 25 Aug 2010 11:35:20 2,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Holding a dual shock 3 or sixaxis in one hand and using it gets very uncomfortable. I thought it would be ok but have since tried it and decided to buy a navigation controller too.
  • Machetazo 25 Aug 2010 11:46:01 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You may be right. There's not really any Cookie & Cream-alike games about for PS3, with which to test in live-play, but from my own dry-runs; I think there'd be an initial adjustment period, and then you may get used to it, but perhaps long play sessions would show it to be an impractical way to enjoy Move games, and affirm that the Navigation sub controller, is the only real solution.
  • myiagros 25 Aug 2010 12:02:29 1,346 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    Killzone 3 move support is looking good. Plus MAG, SOCOM4 and RE5. Looking good for FPS support.

I saw that video yesterday on utube and was very impressed.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2010 18:44:37
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    Shopto could get even more preorders if they let you order 2 controllers instead of 1!

They've updated the site and you can do this now. I've got two Move wands pre-ordered there myself.
  • Zero-Beat 25 Aug 2010 19:43:02 254 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The turning bounding box is too big in that Killzone 3 demo but apart from that, looks good.

To the people saying holding a DS3/SIXAXIS in one hand is uncomfortable: are you holding it up in the air? It's perfectly comfortable for me with my hand holding the controller resting on my lap.

Time Crisis Developer Demonstration @ Gamescom

Deadstorm Pirates looks the bees knees.
  • King_Edward 26 Aug 2010 06:47:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's perfectly comfortable to hold. But It's a pain in the arse to use the buttons when you're holding it like that. Add to that the fact I'm left handed and would ideally hold the move in my left hand. But I can't if I have to hold the dspad in that hand.
  • Kill_Crazy 26 Aug 2010 08:15:25 2,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MaoZedong wrote:
    Kill_Crazy wrote:

They've updated the site and you can do this now. I've got two Move wands pre-ordered there myself.

Excellent and about time. Thanks for letting me know, will cancel amazon pre and put both on shopto.
  • Rauha 29 Aug 2010 00:54:19 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RUSE Move walkthrough. I really liked the demo (with the dualshock), definetly going to check this out.
  • King_Edward 29 Aug 2010 01:12:49 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That looks very promising, but again a bit laggy (assuming the two videos are correctly synced). Is RUSE 60fps?
  • Rauha 29 Aug 2010 01:16:34 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope not 60fps. Also, you can't really tell the lag from videos; which I should point out is the same case for Kinect, you really can't tell the degree of lag from vids such as these. He also mentions at the start you can alter the sentivity of the controller; which is awesome.
  • VandelayIndustries 29 Aug 2010 01:21:27 1,523 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some more videos...

Toddler playing with Start The Party. You can see how closely the racket sticks to the controller. Definite Roger Rabbit feeling with this.

MAG beta clip one
    clip two

He seems to going about it in the most cack-handed fashion, and the bounding seems quite large, apparently this is adjustable.

Edit: Links got messed up :( Fixed now.
  • Rauha 29 Aug 2010 01:29:54 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, MAG bounding is adjustable; and tbh that is how it should be.
  • VandelayIndustries 29 Aug 2010 01:40:28 1,523 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I'd use/(need) the smallest bounding available for FPS's, otherwise it could be cumbersome. It seems default when aiming down sights though.

The contrast between DS3 and Move controls on RUSE is pretty stark too!
  • Rauha 29 Aug 2010 01:44:47 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Never thought I'd be excited for a RTS on a console. If both Kinect and Move can deliver the goods on that end, then I'll be pleased with this motion shift.
  • Page

of 71 First / Last