Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Page

of 33 First / Last

Previous
  • Machetazo 16 Jun 2010 15:14:24 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought there was some good potential shown, in the CG-trailer for this, shown at the Sony conference. It may be, just because so far, I've played neither II/Complete, or the latest Splinter Cell, but this at times, literal, take on cloak and dagger combat looked really interesting.
    Unfortunately, at the moment, it looks as if they only show at E3 the story mode. :( Are you at all interested in seeing what's on the way for their multiplayer mode? I hope it will be great fun, but I would like to see some footage that's not CG to show the concept in action (we know there will be classes, and Templar vs, Assassin is also likely), before getting anticipation up about the game. CG trailer can be seen at that link, that was shown yesterday.
  • glaeken 16 Jun 2010 15:48:30 10,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The below has some game play in it. It seems to be right from the very begining of the game as I recognise what is happening from what was describe as the games opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93BUyvj5uN0&feature=player_embedded

Edit: Not multiplayer though. I am obviously running a little slowly this afternoon.
  • Derblington 16 Jun 2010 15:50:33 20,972 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There are MP videos up on GT.
  • Machetazo 16 Jun 2010 16:18:11 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for that! That was awesome, nothing less! There's a constant cat & mouse, it can be multiple on any - pursuit or trying to evade, it's across roofs, the town on the ground (in that map) or through passages and there are many npc people just milling around, it's wel populated and then, you may see someone starts running and it kicks off from there!
    There are classes obviously with different appearances, and all have different styles and attacks, but you can never really be sure that the one chasing you is not in disguise, but you have tactical play, and its fast moving, and looks great...I definitely recommend people to give the gameplay footage mentioned by Derblington a look, sooner than later.
  • +Liquid 16 Jun 2010 19:57:39 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the beta going to be limited to a few people or is it going to be open like MAG's?
  • the_dudefather 16 Jun 2010 21:25:42 8,977 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Video telling you how multiplayer works

reminds me of 'the ship' a little

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Machetazo 15 Jul 2010 20:11:42 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I read on the Game Informer Online article about this, something that might be worth knowing: the hunted cannot kill the hunter. Though, they can cause a humiliation that prompts immediate reassignment of target for the hunter that is caught out!
  • ronuds 15 Jul 2010 20:26:58 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They have co-op, too, right?

MP versus and Assassin's Creed don't seem to mix too well, so I'm not overly interested in that.
  • Hunam 15 Jul 2010 20:28:01 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No co-op.
  • ronuds 15 Jul 2010 20:28:20 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jerkoffs.
  • Machetazo 15 Jul 2010 20:56:57 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    They have co-op, too, right?

MP versus and Assassin's Creed don't seem to mix too well, so I'm not overly interested in that.
    How doesn't it mix well? Players get to assassinate other players, who all try to avoid being killed by trying to pass themselves off as NPCs...Or, running away quick-as-spit in hope the timer saves them. There can be multiple hunters, that's another thing. Playing II, it's easy to see that where I find I'm having most fun is with the dashing up, down, around and all over. When the pace slows it's not as good. When there's fights, it's pretty bad. So, for them to take the best from II, not have the mob fights but then add a multi focus (where roles revolve regularly) is a great idea.
  • ronuds 15 Jul 2010 21:12:19 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like a good idea in theory, but in practice it'll probably be popular for 10 seconds. Plus, AC's combat isn't good or precise enough to make a player vs. player fight anything but terrible.
  • Machetazo 15 Jul 2010 21:22:33 6,372 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But, using the mob fighting combat of the SP in multi would be awful, because they'd lose so much pace. It might be great for fencing fancy, but it'd be far too easy to strike to the blindside and grief, by sending combatants flying, for sport. Plus, you'd have the kill queue problem, where people are all in the same place, waiting to kill somebody. I think they've used the right approach, for Brotherhood.

You say it'll have 10 second legs, but AC sells. The very gameplay lends itself nicely to rapid turnaround, drop-in drop-out play. You need not commit a great deal of time, but it looks likely to provide a lot of fun, and if you know the maps better than whoever you're pursuing, then you're bound to have some advantage. Does the game support mics, though - this idea might work better without, perhaps?
  • ronuds 15 Jul 2010 21:26:34 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't know about mics - I'd imagine it would allow them, though.

Maybe you're right about MP, but I just don't see it! I'd be more interested in this for SP either way.

Although, I'm having trouble swallowing the full price tag.

Edit: Watched more of the MP vid. It's a little different than I thought; but doesn't look like that much fun to me. :/
  • Derblington 15 Jul 2010 21:34:08 20,972 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a new video interview (with gameplay) on the Xbox Dash today. Talks a bit about the story behind the MP - it plays into all of the animi that you see at the start of AC2 when you're escaping Absergo. You will play as Templar, training in the animi to hunt and kill the assassins.
  • danathjo 26 Aug 2010 11:38:11 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Popped in Ass 2 for a bit yesterday and forgot just what a good game it is so after watching a few vids for Brotherhood i'm getting a bit excited for this one now, my main worry is how long the actual single player mode will be...have they release any info on this yet?
  • cianchristopher 26 Aug 2010 11:39:19 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why is that your main worry? Why is game length so important?

Shouldn't you be more worried about, I dunno, whether it plays well or not?
  • thefilthandthefury 26 Aug 2010 11:40:07 24,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes but a good game that only lasts for, say, four hours would be an absolute joke at full price.
  • cianchristopher 26 Aug 2010 11:41:34 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, but a good game that lasts only four hours would be an absolute steal at 10 five months after it comes out...
  • speedofthepuma 26 Aug 2010 11:42:02 13,246 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And that worry is even more valid in a product which has a large multiplayer element to it; an element that holds no attraction to me at all.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• danathjo 26 Aug 2010 11:48:26 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why would I worry about how it plays when i've enjoyed how the first two have played? Nothing has hinted at any change with that.

Exactly, I mean the MP looks quite different and i'm bound to get a couple hours of fun out of it like Uncharted 2 but ultimately it's always going to be the SP that gets the most playing time.
  • ronuds 28 Aug 2010 00:32:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here's a gameplay vid. Possibly spoilers...

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_assassin_s_creed_brotherhood_walkthrough-16862_en.html
  • eeltauy 30 Aug 2010 08:34:38 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hey guys. I have a question... in AC:Brotherhood we should go all the way back to earn armors and weapons again?! I mean this game is a continue for ACII, so all of my efforts for collecting Atair's armor will be wasted?! or there is a way to use my saves and information in this new game? I mean it's ridiculous! Ezio spend at least 10 years of his life collecting weapons and stuff and now he travels to Rome with nothing?!! I hope Ubi do something about it!
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Sep 2010 10:43:45 13,813 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chaps, is this game a complete sp game as well as on-line. I assumed it was not, but having a look around it would seem it does have a good sp campaign. Any thoughts/info.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• cianchristopher 6 Sep 2010 10:45:27 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is kind of the Halo 3 ODST of the Assassin's Creed line-up. I'd say it'll be a cut-down SP, with a bolted on MP. 7/10 all the way...
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Sep 2010 10:46:24 13,813 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That would do me. I loved odst SP

• DUFFMAN5 6 Sep 2010 18:32:58 13,813 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Re the game and the length of SP campaign,

Key Features
    Return Bout: Become Ezio the master assassin once again, with a new 15 hour single player epic that lets you take the fight to the heart of the Templar organisation.

The A-Team: Find, recruit and train your own team of assassins, and customise them to work alone on secret missions or help you track down targets.

Multiplayer Creed: For the first time ever in an Assassin's Creed game enjoy a host of new multiplayer modes and play as a range of character classes - from blacksmith to courtesan.

Roman Holiday: Fight to liberate Rome from tyranny in the largest city ever seen in the series. Use your own money to rebuild landmarks and unlock extra missions.

Weapons Master: Utilise a range of new weapons and equipment provided by Leonardo da Vinci, including poison darts, double hidden blades and a parachute.

15 hours means more like 20+ for me as i like to take my time. I'm more interested now.

• Vyggo 8 Oct 2010 17:33:49 444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quicklook of the beta on GB
    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-assassins-creed-brotherhood-beta/17-3339/

Looks way more awesome than I was expecting, even after hearing the praise from the eurogamer hands-on I was sceptical.
  • ronuds 8 Oct 2010 17:54:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the sound of hiring your own assassins.

The rest... meh. No matter how much I see of MP, I can't get myself excited for it.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2010 13:09:01
    Looks as if the PS3 version is graphically inferior again...

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24345
  • Page

of 33 First / Last

Previous